U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-01-2018, 05:19 AM
 
33,707 posts, read 18,337,733 times
Reputation: 7450

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Perhaps I'll start posting multiple threads a day about all the preschoolers shot by guns that their responsible parents and grandparents left lying around. Or maybe the domestic abusers who eventually succeeded in killing their spouses because the courts didn't follow procedure and take their guns once they were convicted.

Go for it, but you should take a look at your wording before you do so.....anyone who leaves a gun "lying around" is not a "responsible gun owner."


Or maybe you could post links to where the spouse tried to get a carry permit in states that are extremely hard to get a permit and the spouse dies because she could not get a pistol to protect herself....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2018, 05:20 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,702 posts, read 6,546,407 times
Reputation: 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You were saying?


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ates/85994716/


Now, don't try and change the subject, to "well, that's not as much as the United States" or some other to fit your useless post.
Not useless, there are 20'000 or so people shot to death on average EVERY year in the US, in Britain its less than 100!! Until those facts change (and they will need to change bloody drastically) we will continue to 'laugh' at people desperately trying to claim that guns 'protect' lives lol. You have more chance of persuading people that fighting fire with petrol is a good idea!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2018, 05:36 AM
 
33,707 posts, read 18,337,733 times
Reputation: 7450
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Not useless, there are 20'000 or so people shot to death on average EVERY year in the US, in Britain its less than 100!! Until those facts change (and they will need to change bloody drastically) we will continue to 'laugh' at people desperately trying to claim that guns 'protect' lives lol. You have more chance of persuading people that fighting fire with petrol is a good idea!!


Sure it is, lets remember what you said, and you are doing exactly what I said you would do...you'll change the subject to fit your argument...and that's what you did.


Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome
Meanwhile in the UK, nobody gets shot anywhere! Keep arming yourselves, see if you can get your yearly shot to death numbers to 50'000!
Here, for your reading enjoyment, 500+ pages with 10 stories per page where guns have saved lives....


https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2018, 05:37 AM
 
Location: Long Island
6,494 posts, read 2,882,859 times
Reputation: 4711
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Go for it, but you should take a look at your wording before you do so.....anyone who leaves a gun "lying around" is not a "responsible gun owner."


Or maybe you could post links to where the spouse tried to get a carry permit in states that are extremely hard to get a permit and the spouse dies because she could not get a pistol to protect herself....
Guess your sarcasm meter is off.

I keep hearing about how responsible all gun owners are, yet over a thousand toddlers die every year from guns and many more are injured.

Also, fun fact, you are twice as likely to be shot by a toddler with a gun as you are to be killed by a terrorist.

On the domestic abuse side, this seems to be the bigger problem.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/0...air-force.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2018, 05:42 AM
 
33,707 posts, read 18,337,733 times
Reputation: 7450
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Guess your sarcasm meter is off.

I keep hearing about how responsible all gun owners are, yet over a thousand toddlers die every year from guns and many more are injured.

Also, fun fact, you are twice as likely to be shot by a toddler with a gun as you are to be killed by a terrorist.

On the domestic abuse side, this seems to be the bigger problem.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/0...air-force.html


You cannot show us anywhere where anyone said "all gun owners are responsible" that's just BS, it's obvious they are not. Love how the new argument is you're more likely to be killed by (insert anything) than a terrorist.....


'No one helped her': NJ woman murdered by ex while awaiting gun permit | Fox News




She could be alive, but because she could not get a permit....she is dead...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2018, 05:51 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,702 posts, read 6,546,407 times
Reputation: 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure it is, lets remember what you said, and you are doing exactly what I said you would do...you'll change the subject to fit your argument...and that's what you did.




Here, for your reading enjoyment, 500+ pages with 10 stories per page where guns have saved lives....


https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
And yet there are 20'000 people shot to death because of them! lol! Do the maths! Like I said you have more chance of convincing people fighting fire with petrol is a good idea! Get back to me when arming citizens in the US results in a gun death rate that isn't 60+ times that of other 1st world countries! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2018, 05:54 AM
 
33,707 posts, read 18,337,733 times
Reputation: 7450
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
And yet there are 20'000 people shot to death because of them! lol! Do the maths! Like I said you have more chance of convincing people fighting fire with petrol is a good idea! Get back to me when arming citizens in the US results in a gun death rate that isn't 60+ times that of other 1st world countries! lol

Sucks when you get called out, by not telling the truth...then change your argument to better fit....




lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2018, 06:00 AM
 
Location: SE UK
7,702 posts, read 6,546,407 times
Reputation: 5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sucks when you get called out, by not telling the truth...then change your argument to better fit....




lol....
Sounds like you have 'run out of argument' lol, you can't argue against the extortionately high amount of people losing lives because of your ridiculous gun laws because the numbers are so shameful! For gods sake do something about it rather than just sticking your head in the sand! We are talking about PEOPLES LIVES here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2018, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Texas
34,932 posts, read 19,075,843 times
Reputation: 20501
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Shot him dead. He won't be jacking cars or doing a hundred other terrible things he probably did on a daily basis.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/concealed-...opstories.html

Well done.

Another scumbag bites the dust.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2018, 06:32 AM
 
33,707 posts, read 18,337,733 times
Reputation: 7450
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Sounds like you have 'run out of argument' lol, you can't argue against the extortionately high amount of people losing lives because of your ridiculous gun laws because the numbers are so shameful! For gods sake do something about it rather than just sticking your head in the sand! We are talking about PEOPLES LIVES here!

Please you lied, got called out, then changed your story, just like I said you would. lolzzz


You cannot have an honest conversation with those on the left, it's all or nothing. Did you know that more people are killed yearly by "blunt object" than the scary black rifle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top