Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 07:16 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Me?

It takes at least a few drinks to place the blame for Parkland on Obama.

Trumpling desperation is palpable.

Carry on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 07:41 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Me?

It takes at least a few drinks to place the blame for Parkland on Obama.
Are you somehow unaware that it was Obama in conjunction with Holder who wanted to end the "school-to-prison pipeline" by keeping teen criminals out of the justice system so they would maintain a clean criminal record to preserve their 'future opportunities?'

From Obama's DOJ:

Quote:
"One of the goals of present-day school-based law enforcement should be to keep students out of the justice system. Involvement in the juvenile justice system can negatively impact a child’s life trajectory, hindering educational success, and raising the risk of adult criminal behavior."
https://cops.usdoj.gov/html/dispatch...d_students.asp

That actually IS the stated goal. "Keep students out of the justice system." Don't arrest, charge, or convict teen criminals. Keep their criminal records clean, so their future opportunities aren't hindered.

No criminal record = able to pass a background check = able to buy a gun

The result? 17 innocent people died, most of them kids.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 03-07-2018 at 08:04 AM..

Old 03-07-2018, 08:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are you somehow unaware that it was Obama in conjunction with Holder who wanted to end the "school-to-prison pipeline" by keeping teen criminals out of the justice system so they would maintain a clean criminal record to preserve their 'future opportunities?'

From Obama's DOJ:

https://cops.usdoj.gov/html/dispatch...d_students.asp

That actually IS the stated goal. "Keep students out of the justice system." Don't arrest, charge, or convict teen criminals. Keep their criminal records clean, so their future opportunities aren't hindered.

No criminal record = able to pass a background check = able to buy a gun

The result? 17 innocent people died, most of them kids.
YAWN...

You've been repeating yourself for days with this psychotic insistence that it's Obama's fault.

It's as loony as claiming that Bush was responsible for killing Bin Laden 7 years ago.

Yet, there were LOTS of rwnjs claiming exactly that at the time.

The level of delusion required to hold and spew such stark raving mad views suggest hatred that's way out of bounds.

Carry on.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
YAWN...

You've been repeating yourself for days with this psychotic insistence that it's Obama's fault.
Psychotic? No. There's an actual video/document trail. Look at all the links I've posted, directly to the sources: Obama's DOJ, Broward, etc.

You can't rebut any of it.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:40 AM

FWIW: The injured kid (still hospitalized, I believe) and his family suing the school and the sheriff's office for not keeping him safe at school is on the right track. Minors in school are the school's responsibility while in attendance: "in loco parentis." The fact that the school and the sheriff's office had implemented the Obama/Holder policy to keep teen criminals out of the justice system, and therefore having no criminal record despite committing criminal activities, placed all of the school's students at unnecessary, unacceptable, and ultimately gravely injurious and/or deadly risk, as Cruz's clean criminal record enabled him to pass a background check and buy a gun.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:43 AM

I don't have school-age kids anymore. They're grown; no kids of their own. But if I had kids or grandkids, I would question their school to see if they have implemented a similar plan as Broward's in which student criminals are deliberately kept out of the justice system to keep their criminal records clean.

Think very carefully about what we now know are the horrendous consequences...

Old 03-07-2018, 10:30 AM

Thumbs down S m h

Quote:
Psychotic? No.
It's best descriptor for that level of denial.

Quote:
There's an actual video/document trail. Look at all the links I've posted, directly to the sources: Obama's DOJ, Broward, etc.
But Dems are powerless and irrelevant. tRump has dismantled all Obama policies and kept all of his campaign promises.

According to Trumplings.

So, anything and everything after 1/20/17 belongs to the GOP. They're in total control at the fed and state levels both.

MAGA, DTS and all that. Which includes Parkland.

Quote:
You can't rebut any of it.
I (and most of the world) merrily dismiss out of hand the blatant hyperpartisan attempt to heap blame on Obama.

Don't let that dampen your enthusiasm.

Carry on.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
It's best descriptor for that level of denial.
So, you're labeling yourself. Got it.

Ask yourself... Would you send your kid/grandkid to Parkland, knowing that they protect student criminals and deliberately keep them out of the justice system, enabling a Cruz-like massacre to happen? Or would you rather send your kid/grandkid to a school that reports crimes to the police as they are committed and let the perps be charged with such and suffer the consequences which includes failing a background check to buy a gun?

Every parent/grandparent in the US should be asking themselves the same questions.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
So, you're labeling yourself. Got it.
Crazy talk.

Quote:
Ask yourself... Would you send your kid/grandkid to Parkland, knowing that they protect student criminals and deliberately keep them out of the justice system, enabling a Cruz-like massacre to happen? Or would you rather send your kid/grandkid to a school that reports crimes to the police as they are committed and let the perps be charged with such and suffer the consequences which includes failing a background check to buy a gun?

Every parent/grandparent in the US should be asking themselves the same questions.
OK...

"Self, would I send my grandkids to Parkland?"

Ans: Nope. None of them are within 1000 miles.

And none of them would try to blame Obama, either.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:46 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
I agree, to a point, that ruining a person's life over some stupid teenaged behavior is to be avoided. My district of 45,000 students has 50 cops and their own jail with 8 cells. Kids get locked up for all kinds of infractions. The ball team had to have their picture made. The only color shirt they all had was red. So they wore red shirts for their group picture. The cops ran them all in for being a gang. Took days to unflush that mistake.

Heck, even I did some stuff that would be criminal. Like running a toilet up the flagpole at the rival school.

This kid was not a regular, sometimes oppositional kid. His serious problems could not be resolved by any thing a school could do. He was troubled from birth. Looks to me like all who had any contact with him dropped the ball through ignorance or neglect. Now 17 are dead, more wounded and that town is changed forever.

Before I tried to lay this off on a former POTUS and some program I did not fully understand, I'd be looking at all relatives, social workers, neighbors, administrators and cops starting from the time he was born. Betcha the clues were everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies