U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 09:01 AM

12,266 posts, read 9,457,385 times

Advertisements

This is heartbreaking.

From RCI -

"Despite committing a string of arrestable offenses on campus before the Florida school shooting, Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the attention of law enforcement, pass a background check and purchase the weapon he used to slaughter three school staff members and 14 fellow students because of Obama administration efforts to make school discipline more lenient.

Documents reviewed by RealClearInvestigations and interviews show that his school district in Florida’s Broward County was in the vanguard of a strategy, adopted by more than 50 other major school districts nationwide, allowing thousands of troubled, often violent, students to commit crimes without legal consequence. The aim was slowing the "school-to-prison pipeline"

https://www.realclearinvestigations...._shooting.html

And yet somehow it's the NRA's fault. Liberals, you have these kid's blood on your hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 09:17 AM

5,441 posts, read 4,873,968 times
Liberals are dangerous people.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:53 AM

10,262 posts, read 6,302,533 times
I started a thread on it...not a single comment. It was called the "promise " program, and was to help kids to not go from school , to prison. To try and work with them before they got to that point. Obviously it failed here.....remember the Sheriffs had visited Cruz's residence 39 times. 39 times pretty much means they knew something was up.
I read somewhere that when he was attending school, he was not allowed to carry a backpack due to the fear of what he might do. Seriously ?!? Yet we have the blathering teens screeching about Trump , the NRA and legal firearms owners.
Why aren't they screaming at the school district, and the Sheriffs ? The policies that basically let this happen ?

These teens are telling us "if you aren't with us , you're against us" ......yeah, I understand you've all been thru a horrible tragedy but don't tell legal firearms owners what you think we all should do.

https://www.browardprevention.org/behavior/promise/

https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/deputi...r-seven-years/

Old 03-01-2018, 10:02 AM

26,980 posts, read 9,150,498 times
The school system set up a program that was designed to fail and it did. The students don't seem to understand that. What is the reason to have police as resource officer if they can't do the job of police.
Its like having a watch dog that watches the burglar remove the TV from your house.
I saw that. I did, I did.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:02 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,248,228 times
fact #1 - Barack Obama does not set Broward County School District's expulsion policies

fact #2 - Barack Obama does not set Broward County Sheriff's procedures, nor is he responsible for their lack of action

fact #3 - There's no proof that the "PROMISE" campaign was the reason the Sheriffs office failed to act on information about the shooter; that is pure speculation.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:06 AM

58,200 posts, read 41,059,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This is heartbreaking.

From RCI -

"Despite committing a string of arrestable offenses on campus before the Florida school shooting, Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the attention of law enforcement, pass a background check and purchase the weapon he used to slaughter three school staff members and 14 fellow students because of Obama administration efforts to make school discipline more lenient.

Documents reviewed by RealClearInvestigations and interviews show that his school district in Florida’s Broward County was in the vanguard of a strategy, adopted by more than 50 other major school districts nationwide, allowing thousands of troubled, often violent, students to commit crimes without legal consequence. The aim was slowing the "school-to-prison pipeline"

And yet somehow it's the NRA's fault. Liberals, you have these kid's blood on your hands.

Law enforcement was reportedly called to his house 39 times in 7 years so NO, sounds like nothing but another baseless But Obama! whine of Fake News!

https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/deputi...r-seven-years/

Old 03-01-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
fact #1 - Barack Obama does not set Broward County School District's expulsion policies

fact #2 - Barack Obama does not set Broward County Sheriff's procedures, nor is he responsible for their lack of action

fact #3 - There's no proof that the "PROMISE" campaign was the reason the Sheriffs office failed to act on information about the shooter; that is pure speculation.
I don't care who's policy it was. Speculation my ass... there was a huge fail and the end result was 17 children killed. Just read this article , he was flagged over and over again. And they still haven't disclosed why he was expelled from school.

Florida school shooting suspect may have been flagged for past threats | Miami Herald

Old 03-01-2018, 10:37 AM

22,769 posts, read 26,248,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I don't care who's policy it was.
In other words, you don't care about the facts that support your own narrative.

Quote:
Speculation my ass
It is speculation on your part. The article you linked is an attempt at deflection / misdirection and doesn't address the point in any way.

It's actually quite shocking to see a person claim that they don't care about the facts, they just want to blame a Democrat. But I guess that's where we are as a society these days.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:40 AM

10,950 posts, read 5,079,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This is heartbreaking.

From RCI -

There is a lot of documentation on this policy, and even some that have contacted the school superintendent, and every member of the school board to advise them on the dangers of such policies. All such warnings were ignored.

I see some serious lawsuits in the future.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
In other words, you don't care about the facts that support your own narrative.

It is, in fact, speculation on your part. And the article you linked to doesn't change that.

It's actually quite shocking to see a person claim that they don't care about the facts, they just want to blame a Democrat. But I guess that's where we are as a society these days.
Probably because I don't care who's name is responsible, insert one if you'd like. If it was in fact Obama, then so be it.

And be as naïve or ignorant as you want and stand there and ignore the facts that are right in front of you, that is your choice. My family has been thru a situation like this (not the shooting ) with a person very similar to Cruz. The police did nothing , yet they were aware of him, and had visited his house several times. The school did nothing, basically blamed us for picking on this poor young kid, even though we had text messages, screen shots from social media etc. To this day we feel we are going to see him in the paper. So that is why I feel the way I do. Speculation...whatever..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or