Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 02:57 PM

18,336 posts, read 26,368,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Except, real life showed us that banning guns makes guns very difficult to get for criminals.

Criminals in Mexico use full auto machine guns and grenades.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:06 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,174,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
What about Mexico? No gun laws don't work. Australia was quite safe before their laws change. The UK was safer a century ago than today and a century ago their gun laws were like ours. Gun laws won't solve our problems.
Mexico? Seriously? We've been selling guns to Mexico in exchange for their drugs. They have us to thank for keeping their gang wars going.

Australia is now even safer. Every Aussie will tell you that.

UK would tell you to just implement the bloody ban. You are not going to find a pro-gun ally in any of the countries you named.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:08 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,174,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Criminals in Mexico use full auto machine guns and grenades.
That they BOUGHT from us!!!

In Mexico, Tens Of Thousands Of Illegal Guns Come From The U.S.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:13 PM

17,594 posts, read 15,308,255 times
It's a sad state of reality, but it's come to the point where schools need to be treated just as a government building would be treated.

That means using the tools that are used in other buildings as appropriate or at least until a better plan can be found:

- xray machine at main entrance and everyone has to enter school by the main entrance
- metal detector (gun detector)
- badge to open electronic lock to get into the inner building
- security office for each school to coordinate
- armed officers or guardsmen or police - one assigned for each building entrance

The goal has to be to prevent the gun toting crazies from getting inside in the first place. That should be the main goal, outside of identifying who crazies are who are threats to the school. Thwarting a wannabe mass killer has to encompass keeping them out of where they want to enter, to the greatest extent possible.

EDIT TO ADD: The NRA should fund this and not ask the schools to take on the financial burden.

Last edited by lottamoxie; 03-01-2018 at 03:25 PM..

Old 03-01-2018, 03:38 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,410,916 times
This thread is moronic. There were literally four armed & experienced guards at Parkland. It didn't help.

I'm not even against armed guards, but to take a stand like they're going to solve the problem of school shootings, you're kidding yourself.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,459,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I can sort of understand not arming the teachers, but we have armed guards protecting everything from the president, celebrities, businesses (CNN has crap load of guards crawling in and around their building), money, jewelry to shopping malls.

In the aftermath of Parkland shooting, the BSO immediately put armed guards in front of the deputy who refused to stop the murderer. Why?

Why the resistance to put armed guards in schools? The only reasons I can think of are:
1. They are too mentally ill to think,
2. They want more tragedies to happen so that they can push for more gun control, or
3. Both 1+2

I know the media is foaming at the mouth whenever they see a mass shooting. They love mass shooting as it's so good for their ratings!
During Trump's "Listening Session" he said he was opposed to armed guards and active shooter drills in schools.

He was all about enabling school employees to carry and " paying them a little bit of a bonus".

It's a state/ district issue.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:13 PM

9,379 posts, read 4,218,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I can sort of understand not arming the teachers, but we have armed guards protecting everything from the president, celebrities, businesses (CNN has crap load of guards crawling in and around their building), money, jewelry to shopping malls.

In the aftermath of Parkland shooting, the BSO immediately put armed guards in front of the deputy who refused to stop the murderer. Why?

Why the resistance to put armed guards in schools? The only reasons I can think of are:
1. They are too mentally ill to think,
2. They want more tragedies to happen so that they can push for more gun control, or
3. Both 1+2

I know the media is foaming at the mouth whenever they see a mass shooting. They love mass shooting as it's so good for their ratings!
Because the anti-gun crowd (notice I didn't say "left", because lots of left-wingers are pro-gun) is so irrational and bat-crap insane that they honestly believe that an inanimate object is capable of jumping out of holster with no human assistance and randomly killing people.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:15 PM

9,379 posts, read 4,218,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Because it's a bad idea, proposed by people who care more about owning guns than preventing shootings.

In this most recent tragedy, we had what, 4 armed cops ? Who stood outside waiting. Which goes to show how ineffective your proposal is.
Error 404: Logic not found. Stringing together unrelated "facts" (more like opinions) does not a rational argument make. Try again.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:29 PM

58,490 posts, read 26,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Because it's a bad idea, proposed by people who care more about owning guns than preventing shootings.

In this most recent tragedy, we had what, 4 armed cops ? Who stood outside waiting. Which goes to show how ineffective your proposal is.
"]Because it's a bad idea, proposed by people who care more about owning guns than preventing shootings."

Purely you BIASED position against guns.

Are you purposely trying hijack the thread by changing the subject?

The little of the thread says, "the left don't want armed guards in schools?'

Then go you go ranting on about the police who did NOT do their job by staying OUTSIDE the building.

One has NOTHING to do with the other.

I know its tough for some to stay on topic.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:31 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,017,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
The Left hates guns, period. They know almost nothing about them, but they hate them and fear them. Even trained armed guards gives them a case of The Vapors.

Wanna bet. Im moderate left and grew up with guns. I don't think they are the be all end all that you righties do, and that the 2A is great but I think some over do it.
Yet in small minds like the right, that translates into us getting the vapors
Likewise I'm sure you ammosexual blowhards would get the vapors if you got in a confrontation with a scarecrow and didn't have your gun with you. Talk about dropping fruit in your looms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies