Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 02:17 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times

Advertisements

Right wing media gluttons need to get out and see the world and spend less time with their media idols like Crowder, who feed them things to get incensed about that have little if any effect on their own actual lives.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:58 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I honestly don't care what people call themselves. I don't know why it bothers anyone else if people wanna be what they wanna be as long as it's not forced on others.
Saying, "I don't care" seems to be what some think is the pinnacle of moral enlightenment. Declaring your apathy doesn't make you look wise. It makes you look weak.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Um, no. I had a now deceased family member who was a transsexual, got the surgery and all, and was not pressured into anything, furthermore had to stay in the closet until almost age 40, and it was after a suicide attempt that a psychiatrist recommended hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery. And that was back in the 80s when almost no one even knew what a Transsexual or transgender was. So no one is pressuring anyone and it isn't a fad!
It is a mental disorder. The high rate of suicide among transsexuals makes the case they are mental and cannot own their identity like a badge of honor in the big bad world.
Gender dysphoria is real. They don't need an identity, they need help. Every life is precious.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Right wing media gluttons need to get out and see the world and spend less time with their media idols like Crowder, who feed them things to get incensed about that have little if any effect on their own actual lives.
But, I see you had nothing to counter his argument, while thinking for others virtue, with your own.
You need not take yourself so seriously.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:40 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
He is right, but his own argument is flawed.

Transexual = person with the wrong sex parts

Transgender = feels like they don't fit the worlds definition of a gender .

In short, all transexuals are transgendered , not the same in the opposite direction

And gender being a social contract doesn't mean you don't want go fit that construct .

Old 03-09-2018, 01:53 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,323,773 times
Crowder's argument, in essence, is that, if gender is merely a social construct, then people would have no innate predisposition towards a definable set of stereotypical sex roles that they are not socially conditioned for.

What he says is generally true, the key word here being "innate". It's a fairly good argument against the idea that gender can be reduced to a social construct, though there are better ones based on psychometry evidence, digit ratio studies and so on.

Digit ratio (2D:4D) and Cattell's personality traits (Lindová et al., 2007)
Sex role identity related to the ratio of second to fourth digit length in women (Csathó et al., 2003)

Old 03-09-2018, 03:41 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is a mental disorder. The high rate of suicide among transsexuals makes the case they are mental and cannot own their identity like a badge of honor in the big bad world.
Gender dysphoria is real. They don't need an identity, they need help. Every life is precious.
It's not a mental disorder, it was removed from the guidelines

Old 03-09-2018, 04:16 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
not really. it is generally conservatives who insist on an immutable black and white gender identity based entirely on one's plumbing at birth. There is a great deal of scientific evidence that suggests gender actually exists along a continuum based largely on such factors as body chemistry and fetal brain development which isn't always in alignment with an individual's genitalia at birth.
I agree that genetics can cause this and I don't think it hurts society to have anyone identify as LGBTQ+ in and of itself.

I find it hilarious that liberals who rely on genetic science causing LGBTQ+ people to identify that way often are the first to deny science on other genetic issues to the point that they will scream bigot if you mention that intelligence, personality, etc is in fact based in part on your genetics.

This happens to the point that people want to dance around the truth and lie about genetic science to be PC for modern liberalism rather than be honest. Modern PC liberalism cannot exist without lies.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:04 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Don't agree with her conclusions, but, that girl is cute!

Old 03-09-2018, 06:10 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
The concept of transgender is something the liberals promoted. A conservative says: a man with a penis is a man. A liberal says: a man with a penis is a woman. Transgender and homosexuality stem from mental illness. The liberals support of mental illness as normal and wholesome behavior has left society very confused.
I don't believe that homosexuality is an example of or that it stems from mental illness.

I think it obvious that sexuality can be measured on a sliding scale.

Gender, however, seems pretty clearly defined, to me, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies