U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2018, 05:59 PM

15,367 posts, read 5,681,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's not surprising that GA will back down in the end. They are supposedly still in the running for Amazon HQ2 and using the tax laws to attack corporations for social positions they don't agree with is a sure fire way to send Amazon running away from them.
Well, regardless of whether they back down or not, I hope Amazon is crossing them off their list as we speak. They showed they were more than willing to play politics with Delta. They cannot be trusted.

And I hope the people of Georgia know they were bypassed by Amazon for that very reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 06:01 PM

32,098 posts, read 16,499,288 times
Has it occurred to you geniuses that it's quite possible to consider the 2nd a nifty idea and at the same time consider the NRA a bunch of slimy lobbyists concerned only with gun industry profits?

Old 03-02-2018, 06:01 PM

1,039 posts, read 400,179 times
Atlanta has lost its place as a finalist for HQ2 in all likelihood. Basically, in the end, you have Delta ending its relationship with the NRA, a GA legislature that will find a way to please Delta with tax incentives, and Atlanta losing its chance for Amazon HQ2 due to a political stunt by the legislature.

Real property owners in and around Atlanta should take note of who cost them a chance at HQ2

Old 03-02-2018, 06:02 PM

32,098 posts, read 16,499,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
We will see. Jim Cramer had an interesting take on it today. Big companies now seem concerned about losing valuable employees over social issues. Apparently it is a millennial thing.
I like.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:06 PM

15,367 posts, read 5,681,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
We will see. Jim Cramer had an interesting take on it today. Big companies now seem concerned about losing valuable employees over social issues. Apparently it is a millennial thing.
You hear this a lot from senior executives these days. Millennials are very socially conscious and it matters to them that the companies they work for are as well. I suspect this is going to become more and more apparent the higher they climb inside these corporations.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:10 PM

20,274 posts, read 9,898,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Has it occurred to you geniuses that it's quite possible to consider the 2nd a nifty idea and at the same time consider the NRA a bunch of slimy lobbyists concerned only with gun industry profits?
I don't get this all or you're the enemy mentality either.

Would it kill some of the pro-gun group to admit the NRA is a bunch of self-serving morons as bad as our politicians are? Or that greater restrictions need to be put in place to avoid some of what we've been seeing with the slaughtering of innocent people by sick eff's who never should have been able to get guns in the first place?

I'll never own a gun - have supported the rights of others to own them, but you folks make it tough to feel sympathetic toward you with your unyielding position on things.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:24 PM

12,263 posts, read 9,414,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds like some are rooting for the demise of Delta because it made the business decision to remove itself from the debate and remain neutral.

The state’s emotional reaction likely eliminated the state from further consideration by Amazon and the 50,000 new jobs they intend to create. The remaining 19 finalists, including Toronto, are likely doing the happy dance.
Delta will hardly be demising anytime soon. But it's wonderful fun watching what happens when a staid American corporation, well respected btw and #71 on the Fortune 500 list, gets in bed with SJWs. And just what kind of class action lawsuit will Delta get hit with if they miss earnings expectations and cut their dividend?

You better believe every other publicly traded American corporation is running this by Legal and paying very close attention to this misfire.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:32 PM

18,069 posts, read 11,048,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds like some are rooting for the demise of Delta because it made the business decision to remove itself from the debate and remain neutral.

The state’s emotional reaction likely eliminated the state from further consideration by Amazon and the 50,000 new jobs they intend to create. The remaining 19 finalists, including Toronto, are likely doing the happy dance.
I thought the exact same thing. The move against Delta by Georgia politicians should be a huge red flag to Amazon.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:59 PM

35,112 posts, read 10,370,451 times
Hmmm... That's not far from what I said about these companies who ended discounts for NRA members--that people were fools to think that it followed that they were anti-gun.

Companies should remain neutral. More importantly, customers shouldn't receive discounts or other perks based on their affiliations.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:10 PM

26,198 posts, read 18,890,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, regardless of whether they back down or not, I hope Amazon is crossing them off their list as we speak. They showed they were more than willing to play politics with Delta. They cannot be trusted.

And I hope the people of Georgia know they were bypassed by Amazon for that very reason.
amazon announced their decision already?
cite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies