Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2018, 10:50 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
There’s more to life than my tax bill. While I hate paying taxes, I do not have many things in agreement with what the GOP is today.

Which one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 11:42 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
No kidding, a lot of young people want stuff like free college, free heathcare, and subsidized housing. They haven't figured out how to pay for those programs.

Old 03-03-2018, 01:54 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
How did Trump win?��
That is still to be determined.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:00 AM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
After 85 years of incessant indoctrination by the world's greatest propaganda ministry?
LOL

Wait till the little darlings rediscover Creator endowed rights to life, liberty and private property ownership.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:01 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
You can tell this by certain conservative's desperate hopes that the voting age will be raised to 21.
I mean if constitutional rights are up for debate now I'm gonna propose those who get gov assistance for more than 3 months in a lifetime cannot vote. If you grew up on welfare you have to pay back your debts before voting. Cruel and unusual punishment is a farce for liberals to coddle criminals. I will gas all 750 of the California death row inmates tomorrow morning if you need me to. The ones in jail now not convicted of anything I'll just keep them there for 75 years. Who's to say what speedy is. Hell the 13th??? Where do you think all you non paying people are going? 15th? nope we gotta back to the standard of when the 2nd was written. Cannot be denied or unabridged means nothing. 19th gotta go. The founders didn't envision modern looking semi auto rifles so they definitely did not envision women worthy of voting. 24th gotta go again, you don't pay you don't vote. 26th gone, 18 year olds don't vote anymore so all these clowns on tv don't matter.

maybe we should just repeal this outdate pos. then They would all start demanding arms equal to the governments to fight off this tyrannical government that just stripped everyone of their rights.... you really cannot fix stupid with these people.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:52 AM

900 posts, read 375,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I have no problem with the idea of a friendly divorce, obviously that would be the best option. We conservatives have no problem with that. However liberals by thier nature will not leave us alone. They intend, as they have been doing to force us to live the way they think we should. Abortion and gay marriage were forced upon us illegally and unconstitutionally by the courts. Our founding fathers wisely spelled out the role of the federal government in the constitution and defined the rights of states in the 10th amendment. This was done so diverse states could have laws reflecting thier own values all while cooperating with the other American states through the federal government for the common good of the nation. Liberals refuse to respect this constitutional relationship. If they were willing to let us be we would not be in this situation to begin with.

Have you ever heard of a red state conservative who pushes to stop a gay marriage in Massachusetts or stop a legal pot smoker in Seattle? We support states rights and feel it is thier right to have those laws even if we find them repulsive. In fact I would fight a war to protect thier constitutional right to make thier own laws. Liberals feel so strongly that we are just ignorant backward hicks in need of enlightenment that they feel justified in violating our constitutional rights. If they don’t live down here then it is not thier business if we marry gays, have legal dope or allow abortion. I don’t really care about thier 14th amendment “equal protection clause” justication as that can obviously be used to usher in special rights and protections for any liberal darling group being as vague as the equal protection clause is. Liberals love to look at the constitution as a living document full of grey areas for thier courts to make judgements on.

Conservatives expect the constitution to be followed as it is written, that includes all of the bill of rights. We will not give up our free speech, guns and we expect our states to make laws reflecting our values as the 10 amendment prescribes. I am willing to see a civil war to ensure my gauranteed rights are protected, even if they can only be saved in my part of the country. If the north doesn’t want freedom anymore that is thier business but I am not giving mine up. It would be up to the liberal states to decide whether to fight or not as we are not the ones demanding they live our way, THEY are placing the demands on us. Ideally we all would go back to living by our constitution and avoid a tragic civil war to begin with.
America is a federation not a confederation, states' rights are a LIMITED achievement, states have a limit on how far they can go, and whoever has always determined that limit ...throughout history has been the Supreme Court.... and the Congress... the South has not. can continue to apply segregation, california can not ban arms, mississipi can not criminalize sodomy, talking about state rights is an illusion, this has never really existed.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:01 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
So says Jonathan Chait after reviewing the latest generational survey by Pew Research, which was released today.

New Survey: Young Staying Liberal, Conservatives Dying Off

The most recent Pew Research Survey has more detail about the generational divide. It shows that the old saw that young people would naturally grow more conservative as they age, or that their Democratic loyalties were an idiosyncratic response to Barack Obama’s unique personal appeal, has not held. Younger voters have distinctly more liberal views than older voters:

Pew survey: Party ID by Generation:

Rather than growing more conservative as they grow older, millennials as a group are becoming more liberal.

Gen Xers are basically holding steady in partisanship. In 2014, GenXers favored Democrats by 9%; at this point in 2017 they are D+10.

On Trump Job Approval by Generation, Trump is underwater by 38%; Gen Xers by -21%; Boomers by -7%; Silents by -2%; overall -20 (37% approve with 57% disapprove)

Silent Generation (age 73 to 90) (11% of adult pop; 79% n/h white)
43% Democrat/57% Republican

Boomer Generation (age 54 to 72): 29% of adult pop; 72% n/h white
48% Democrat/46% Republican
Gen X (age 38 to 53 ): 26% of adult pop; 62% n/h white
48% Democrat/43% Republican

Millennials (age 22 to 37): 28% of adult pop; 56% n/h white
59% Democrat/32% Republican

Post-Millennials (age 18-21) 5% of adult pop; 53% n/h white

Generic 2018 Party Preference by Generation:

Silents: Democrats 45%/Republicans 51%
Boomers: Democrats 48%/Republicans 45-
Gen Xers: Democrats 51%/Republicans 41%
Millennials: Democrats 62%/Republicans 29%

By generation; % agreeing that “racial discrimination is the main reason many blacks cannot get ahead”:

Silents: 28%
Boomers: 36%
GenXers: 40%
Millennials: 52%

% saying that “immigration strengthens America”:

Silents: 47%
Boomers: 56%
Gen Xers: 66%
Millennials: 79%

The Generation Gap in American Politics | Pew Research Center

Regarding the early indications of the leanings of post- millennials, a PRRI survey at the time of the 2016 election showed that among respondents aged 15 to 24 years of age, 57% favored the election of Hillary Clinton. At the same time, the annual ci election by Scholastic Magazine of school children favored Clinton over Trump by 52% to 35%. In contrast to conservative beliefs, the post-millennial generation’s political orientation is still forming, since the lion ‘s share of that generation have not yet reached their political formative years or young adulthood, but the oldest members of that generation who have reached adulthood have shown no such sharp break with millennials.

Linked is a short podcast by Bill Frey of Brookings discussing the above.

https://www.brookings.edu/podcast-ep...nguage_slug=en
MORE useless polls and surveys.

Please spare us!

With their record during the lat election people should be embarrassed to still use them as "FACTUAL"

THEN AGAIN SOME WILL DO anything TO PUSH THEIR AGENDAS.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
he lost the popular vote by more then any president in history. He won by focusing on the electoral states better then Clinton did, and he won those by a mere 80,000 votes.

This is unlikely to be repeated.
"he lost the popular vote by more then any president in history."

And where did most of those votes come from?

CA and NY.

Surprise surprise.

It's funny, some have said the number if illegals in Ca. equal the number of vote Trump lost Ca by.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:15 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
The problem with this whole debate is that it proves that as a whole the U.S. citizens are getting more stupid. When political agendas are being pushed because of the (R) or (D) behind a name regardless of their stance on the issue, and when one issue no matter how inane becomes an important campaign issue there is a problem. Politicians and our citizens when voting used to have a certain criteria, the hierarchy being Country, Family and Community. Now the only criteria seems to be My party, My need and my ideals, to hell with the previous three. We're doomed until that changes.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
What's with Lefties and polls? The broken-record repetition of them being wrong and they still believe, have to give them credit.
"What's with Lefties and polls?"

Because MOST polls talk to MORE dems then repubs, therefore the "results" favor the dems, even though the repubs hold MORE state and federal government elected positions.

Example Quinnipiac :

"
PARTY IDENTIFICATION QUESTION WORDING
-
Generally speaking, do you consider yourself a
Republican, a Democrat, an Independent, or what?
REGISTERED VOTERS
PARTY IDENTIFICATION
Republican 22%

Democrat 33%

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/u...os_uplo98.pdf/

These numbers NEVER change.

It is what they use for EVERY POLL they do.

They poll 11% MORE dems the repubs EVERY TIME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies