U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 02:11 PM

12,697 posts, read 4,586,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look, bottom line: Apartheid left lots of bad blood. Blame those who perpetrated it.
No, lets blame the corrupt leadership who use racist opportunism to shore up support. You are no different than Indonesian politicians calling for the blood of innocent Chinese minorities, ending up in massacres. The "bad blood" you are talking about is simply you calling for racist revenge against innocent people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 02:19 PM

2,893 posts, read 1,058,954 times
Why are people on here justifying what South Africa is doing? I fear for the future of America. If so many can justify the acts of tyrants, when the heat comes against us dissenters, too many on here will just look on while we're rounded up or will even turn us in.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:23 PM

2,008 posts, read 741,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Why are people on here justifying what South Africa is doing? I fear for the future of America. If so many can justify the acts of tyrants, when the heat comes against us dissenters, too many on here will just look on while we're rounded up or will even turn us in.
Right. What happens when whites become a minority here? Is the majority going to use the slaughter of American Indians, spanish-american war, slavery and Jim crow to justify theft of property, wealth, etc? Because if so I'm not giving it up without a fight. I have always treated everyone with respect and worked my tail off for all I have. Which is why I want to keep my guns and the rights to access more guns, better guns, if I need to.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:53 PM

23,206 posts, read 11,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
That was a campaign of ethnic cleansing as a result of war with Germany.

South Africa is more similar to the treatment of Chinese in Indonesia which ended up in massacres of the Chinese minority. Just pure opportunistic racism.
It was a campaign to return French land to the French people who had pulled over the land for about 1100 years and then watched it change hands for the next 400.

Still havent seen a single one of you actually argue against what has happened when the previous owners of a territory expell the conquerors . There are thousands of examples of this amount what most would call " white " nation's fighting amongst themselves , only when we speak of two contrasting skin tones is it labeled racism.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:20 PM

12,697 posts, read 4,586,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It was a campaign to return French land to the French people who had pulled over the land for about 1100 years and then watched it change hands for the next 400.

Still havent seen a single one of you actually argue against what has happened when the previous owners of a territory expell the conquerors . There are thousands of examples of this amount what most would call " white " nation's fighting amongst themselves , only when we speak of two contrasting skin tones is it labeled racism.
Of course its racism and bigotry. Just like ethnic cleansing of another tribe going on in Africa, usually called "ethnic conflict", but in reality its racism.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:12 PM

19,666 posts, read 14,136,907 times
Quote:
So. They arenít indigenous to Africa. They are settlers.

Bantus are indigenous to Africa. Youíre not getting it.
Bantus are not indigenous to South Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
To be fair, the whole SW used to belong to Mexico until we stole it in a war, so we are Invaders in this region, and I always feel a little conflicted about that living here
So he says, totally ignoring the Gadsen Purchase.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:32 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,855,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I was a HS freshman in 1968. Our very first book in English was Cry the Beloved Country, a long-since forgotten tome about apartheid.

It was many years before I understood why we were fed this book over the many classics about adolescence that would have resonated far more clearly with us. SA was a far away country. We had only the most cursory knowledge of world (or any) history. Whatever we learned about SA would be all we had ever known.

In short, we were ideal for propagandizing. Fertile ground ready to seed. We were to become ANC sympathizers and the less we knew, the easier would be the task.

It mostly succeeded. The boycotts were condoned, ANC atrocities and ideology were excused, and apartheid was vanquished. A good thing and they lived happily ever after. Except they didn't.

We were unwarned of the side effects that might follow. And we didn't pay much attention to such mundanities as rape, AIDS, murder and decay. What did they have to do with the ANC? They were growing here, too.

Now, we're approaching the last chapter. One not in the book we read. Another country, its path prepared by Western intellectuals, sliding into the Marxist-Leninist abyss.

As our instructors of 50 years ago had planned.
Those instructors who all had gotten a foothold in America and the West in the 1960s were simply white Western haters, who hate white majorities and nations. Their goal all along was to dispossess and scatter white people wherever they're gathered, SA, Europe, America and the West. I completely oppose all things that promote diversity and multiculturalism because of its real motivations and goals.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:34 PM

18,176 posts, read 9,421,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Right. What happens when whites become a minority here? Is the majority going to use the slaughter of American Indians, spanish-american war, slavery and Jim crow to justify theft of property, wealth, etc? Because if so I'm not giving it up without a fight. I have always treated everyone with respect and worked my tail off for all I have. Which is why I want to keep my guns and the rights to access more guns, better guns, if I need to.
We become like Brazil and eventually Venezuela.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:39 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,855,364 times
Quote:

Bantus are indigenous to Africa. Youíre not getting it.
But the bantus are not indigenous to South Africa. We're not talking about the whole continent of Africa or who is indigenous to South Africa. You're just not getting it.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:40 PM

23,811 posts, read 11,827,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I see it as none of America's damn business! How about you?
But apartheid was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or