Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 08:27 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times

Advertisements

well, they are about to run out of water, so what the hay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 08:37 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Another good liberal heard from.

Not the most progressive of sentiments, or even accurate, but... screw it, right? All that matters is that white South Africans are bad, and therefore anything bad done to them is good, or at least not worth making any fuss over.

Right? Because post-apartheid South Africa is good. It's an a priori fact! Unlike America, South Africa has moral authority. Nothing the South African government does by should be criticized by Americans.

Yeah, that must be it. South Africa is good, and black. So what else, aside from racism, would prompt someone to criticize it?
ROTFLMAO!

Nice of you to just put in the answers you liked..I guess that's much easier that dealing with my responses.

So..Not really concerned with progressive...and yes..it is accurate...do you care to debate history with me..have a go..but i think your chances thin..with this one. Unless you can show me who got paid..vs who just got enslaved?

I don't see that I made any statement at all regarding the good or bad of post-apartheid South Africa. In fact, i couldn't care less about the country..no relevance to my life or my country. You sure lumped a lot of shyte on me..that i never even inferred..much less said.

I'm more interested in what your investment is..to be so adamant about this far away land. To be so invested that you would heap a bunch of opinion on me..just to tear it down.

BTW..for the record..to me, the thought that ANY country would have 'moral authority' is absurd.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I said of course its racism and bigotry. Cant you read?
Of course I can.

My point however is that it isn't racism. Its the oppressed expelling the opressers.

Race isn't a factor, it's just a distinction. It's the equivalent of putting on different color jerseys . Racism may stem from it in turn, but it isn't the initial cause

Old 03-03-2018, 09:27 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
well, they are about to run out of water, so what the hay?
The Cape Town draught is over actually.

I can understand the anger and resentment held by the black majority, but revenge is never the answer. Wish they could have found a better solution then to simply take their lands by force.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:37 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I'm more interested in what your investment is..to be so adamant about this far away land. To be so invested that you would heap a bunch of opinion on me..just to tear it down.
I may have gone a bit overboard on the sarcasm.

Being against intervention, or just saying it's none of my business, is certainly a reasonable position. But I remember the '80s and '90s, when every liberal on the planet was insisting that I care about South Africa.
Quote:
BTW..for the record..to me, the thought that ANY country would have 'moral authority' is absurd.
Mandela's South Africa had it, or so we were told by everyone who was anyone.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But the bantus are not indigenous to South Africa. We're not talking about the whole continent of Africa or who is indigenous to South Africa. You're just not getting it.
Look, this Bantus nonsense is just another obfuscation. It’s a myth that’s been conveniently propagated by the Boers and their sympathizers. South Africa’s whites wrote the history as victors, so it must and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Black South Africans are far more trustworthy, and I trust their version of history far more.

The Empty Land Myth | South African History Online

https://m.news24.com/Archives/Witnes...dness-20150430

Old 03-04-2018, 05:15 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look, this Bantus nonsense is just another obfuscation. It’s a myth that’s been conveniently propagated by the Boers and their sympathizers. South Africa’s whites wrote the history as victors, so it must and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Black South Africans are far more trustworthy, and I trust their version of history far more.

The Empty Land Myth | South African History Online

https://m.news24.com/Archives/Witnes...dness-20150430
I work with several South Africans here in the Middle East and they are all now formulating plans to escape....this will not end well for black South Africans when their economy collapses and there's no food.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:32 AM

2,906 posts, read 1,981,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Why am I not surprised you'd believe their version more? You have a long history in this forum sharing your racist opinions.

The focus should be on the plight of whites in South Africa who are being murdered on a daily basis, including white farmers, in what is clearly a case of an attempt at genocide. Debating 200 year old history to make excuses for what is happening today is nothing more than support for the horrendous, murderous crimes taking place.

You probably didn't watch the Youtube videos I linked to, or check out others. Lauren Southern has one I didn't link to where people described the awful deaths that have occurred. People having their hands cut off and/or eyes taken out and killed, babies being killed, a 12 year old boy being boiled alive, women being raped and killed, etc. https://youtu.be/WCLJRVbaMyQ

Everyone was clamoring for the end of apartheid, why are they so silent now? Because whites are the victims? Clearly.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:26 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I expect South Africa to have a very different outcome as they are "progressive" on the main issues of the day, including LGBT rights and abortion on demand policies. If you notice, the left really chooses not to go after several groups of people, including:

-Islamists, as they don't want to contribute to "Islamaphobia"
-Illegal immigrants, as they don't want to "break families apart"
-Those countries/individuals/causes that are pro-LGBT rights and abortion on demand; they will not go after Islamist countries, even though they are very anti-LGBT rights and anti-abortion for the reason I listed above
I will point out that supporting Islamists and countries/individuals/causes that are pro-LGBT rights are inherently contradictory. I may start a "Great Debate" on this. Typical for leftists they make zero sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
To the left/western world, this move by South Africa will be the seen as the "righting of past wrongs." Zimbabwe didn't catch a break as it was too conservative, socially, on the key issues mentioned above.
I mostly agree with the gist of your post. ANC full knows the outcome of these policies will be to sharply lower progress and increase privation and crime. They also know the result; a major increase in money flows from the UN and the developed world. This was one of the points of a thread in which I was the OP, To the United Nations: Time to Call it a Bad Day. The money and aid, of course, won't go to the people; it will go to the "leaders" for the benefit of their Swiss bank accounts, or for tribal conflict.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:58 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I see it as none of America's damn business! How about you?
But it was 30 years ago. What has changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies