Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 02:05 PM

39,068 posts, read 51,180,367 times

Advertisements

Needless to say, Granny is white. If a black granny admitted to so many guns in the car, she would have more holes in her than a hunk of swiss. The cop would have made her get out and lean her hands against the car and if she so much as flinched, shot her 15 times and claimed she was reaching toward her waistband.

The moral of the story is it is not smart to have guns stashed around your car unless you are non-threatening to police. I.e. an 80-something white female.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 03-03-2018 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 05:01 AM

2,309 posts, read 900,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Living in fear is strictly a matter of choice. I have never carried a gun in my 66 years, nor needed one, nor do I expect to. And I sure as hell don't intend to be afraid of living without one.
As you said, living in fear is a choice. What you said also applies to those who decide to carry. For the most part they aren't any more scared of being robbed than you wearing your seatbelt is a sign that you're afraid of getting into a car accident.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,100,477 times
I don't have a concealed carry permit, and I haven't been scared since Viet Nam.

Any further questions?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:23 AM

37,149 posts, read 19,160,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
As you said, living in fear is a choice. What you said also applies to those who decide to carry. For the most part they aren't any more scared of being robbed than you wearing your seatbelt is a sign that you're afraid of getting into a car accident.
If they aren't scared, they are certainly deeply concerned if they feel the need to carry a hogleg every time they leave the house.

Either that, or they have some romantic notion about being James Bond or John Wayne or Wyatt Earp and being the hero in case something happens. All the result of the NRA and the GOP selling fear for the last three decades..

Old 03-21-2018, 05:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,282,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
That's a good analogy.

I wear my seat belt religiously. I've read too many stories about people dying in crashes because they didn't wear their belt.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:11 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Obey the law, be courteous to police officers, know your rights, and you won't get shot. It's pretty easy.
That’s right...be courteous to your masters.

It worked well for Philando Castile, didn’t it? Ask the NRA.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:31 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,871,989 times
Those of you who hate guns so much remind of the story early this year in Boston.
A husband and wife,both doctors living in a luxury condo had their home invaded by a security guard who had all the codes to enter the building.He threatened them with a knife but during that time the husband was able to slip into the bedroom and called 911 on his cell phone.He also called a neighbor to tell him of their plight.Before anyone could arrive he duct taped them to chairs and cut their throats one at a time.
Police arrived,shot and wounded the suspect but couldn't save the young couple.
What a horrible way to die.....if he had a gun in his bedroom,he could have saved their lives.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:05 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,594,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Obey the law, be courteous to police officers, know your rights, and you won't get shot. It's pretty easy.
this.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,100,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Those of you who hate guns so much remind of the story early this year in Boston.
A husband and wife,both doctors living in a luxury condo had their home invaded by a security guard who had all the codes to enter the building.He threatened them with a knife but during that time the husband was able to slip into the bedroom and called 911 on his cell phone.He also called a neighbor to tell him of their plight.Before anyone could arrive he duct taped them to chairs and cut their throats one at a time.
Police arrived,shot and wounded the suspect but couldn't save the young couple.
What a horrible way to die.....if he had a gun in his bedroom,he could have saved their lives.

1. The Couple were engaged, not married.
2. The suspect was a former security guard at an adjacent building.
3. The victim texted a friend, who called 911.
4. Where does it say anywhere they didn't have a gun?

Old 03-21-2018, 07:37 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,594,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
89 year old drivers scare me.
is that age discrimination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s right...be courteous to your masters.

It worked well for Philando Castile, didn’t it? Ask the NRA.
are you going to try to deflect to Michael Brown too and say he didnt steal anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies