U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:53 AM

66,292 posts, read 33,642,226 times

Advertisements

Mildred Ross 89, pulled over by DPS on I-35 doing 84 in a 75.
The trooper asked for her license and insurance.
Mildred handed him a bunch of cards. As the trooper filed through them wondering why so many, he came across a conceal carry permit.
He asked Mildred if she had a weapon in the vehicle with her. She replied, "You bet I do"
Asking where it is, Mildred said, I got a 1911 .45 in the glove box.
The way she said it, the trooper asked if she had any other weapons in the vehicle. She replied, I got a Glock 23 .40 cal in the console.
Puzzled the trooper asked are there any other weapons I should be aware of? I got a S&W .38 in my waist belt.

The trooper stood back in bewilderment... asking Mrs. Ross, what are you scared of?
Mildred replied, Not a damn thing.

Have a nice day Mrs. Ross and slow down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 09:00 AM

21,858 posts, read 23,095,294 times
Oddly I am not scared either - even with no guns on my person or stashed haphazardly in various locations in my car.

You know what else I'm not scared about? That my car gets broken into or stolen while I'm in the grocery store and a weapon registered to me is used to commit a crime or kill someone because I left them in the glovebox or console while I ran in to pick up ingredients for tonight's dinner.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Why are you leaving your weapon in the car, when you may need it in the grocery store?
To whomever left me this rep comment:

Read the story (and it is only a story), "granny" theoretically had numerous weapons - including one in her purse.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:07 AM

7,087 posts, read 1,578,202 times
Obey the law, be courteous to police officers, know your rights, and you won't get shot. It's pretty easy.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:11 AM

6,971 posts, read 2,587,363 times
89 year old drivers scare me.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:11 AM

11,069 posts, read 6,469,428 times
Love this story.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:15 AM

22,889 posts, read 12,209,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mildred Ross 89, pulled over by DPS on I-35 doing 84 in a 75.
The trooper asked for her license and insurance.
Mildred handed him a bunch of cards. As the trooper filed through them wondering why so many, he came across a conceal carry permit.
He asked Mildred if she had a weapon in the vehicle with her. She replied, "You bet I do"
Asking where it is, Mildred said, I got a 1911 .45 in the glove box.
The way she said it, the trooper asked if she had any other weapons in the vehicle. She replied, I got a Glock 23 .40 cal in the console.
Puzzled the trooper asked are there any other weapons I should be aware of? I got a S&W .38 in my waist belt.

The trooper stood back in bewilderment... asking Mrs. Ross, what are you scared of?
Mildred replied, Not a damn thing.

Have a nice day Mrs. Ross and slow down.
I'm not scared of anything. And I only hand over registration, insurance and my license -- why hand over all that other stuff. Unless she wasn't able to identify what cards to hand over and then maybe she shouldn't be driving.

Who cares if she needs guns not to feel scared. I don't.

(dealing with an elderly person who THINKS she has it all together -- and doesn't. She does things like that. You ask for one thing and she just gives you a bunch of stuff because she can't figure out what she should be handing over. Not a good thing for a woman like that to be driving...just saying...oh and also, unless the officer saw all the guns -- who knows what the lady had on her ...maybe in her dreams she had all that stuff -- lol).

Old 03-02-2018, 09:18 AM

18,065 posts, read 10,098,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Oddly I am not scared either - even with no guns on my person or stashed haphazardly in various locations in my car.

You know what else I'm not scared about? That my car gets broken into or stolen while I'm in the grocery store and a weapon registered to me is used to commit a crime or kill someone because I left them in the glovebox or console while I ran in to pick up ingredients for tonight's dinner.
Living in fear is strictly a matter of choice. I have never carried a gun in my 66 years, nor needed one, nor do I expect to. And I sure as hell don't intend to be afraid of living without one.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Love this story.
Yeah...so posts and stories like this are created and posted to get that reaction from those who care more about the idea of guns than the reality of intelligence.

So granny, barreling down the interstate, when pulled over and asked for DL and registration apparently isn't cogent enough to hand over the specified documents and instead hands over a handful of crap. But when presented with the idea that she's got more guns than hands and most likely will leave most of those unsecured in the car when she arrives at her destination, you get support because 'Murica and guns. Yeehaw.

I may not own guns but I do have friends and relatives who do and all would be horrified at this hypothetical lack of responsibility, not cheering it on. This is where we are today.

Last edited by maciesmom; 03-02-2018 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 03-02-2018, 09:27 AM

66,292 posts, read 33,642,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
why hand over all that other stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

when pulled over and asked for DL and registration apparently isn't cogent enough to hand over the specified documents and instead hands over a handful of crap.
It is the law, if you wish to keep your CCL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies