U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2018, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Nebraska
3,255 posts, read 1,634,963 times
Reputation: 2895

Advertisements

21.4 births per 100,000 in Houston

81 percent of children in Houston Independent School District are so poor that the federal government has to intervene and give them free and reduced lunch.

Los Angeles homeless issue is nothing compared to the third-world baby factory that the city of Houston is.

Easier to house 50,000 or so homeless people in LA. Than Houston with by far the largest per-capita rate of poor children of any top 10 city in America.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/chs/vstat/vs13/t09.aspx

Students at 169 schools to eat for free during 2014-2015 school year | News Blog

They pretty much have a third-world birth rate in Houston. Seems like it a perfect city for welfare though as Texas has excellent benefits for poor families as long as they have children. The rents and single-family homes are extremely cheap.

Lots of condos for $50,000 or less. Monthly hotels around $800/month. Lots of single-family homes for less than $100,000. This means that families who can't afford anywhere else are moving to Houston.

Houston has 30 percent higher birth rate than Mormons in Utah. Over Double the rate of New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine

Utah has about 16 births per 100,000

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...rs-and-babies/

Very rich New Hampshire, Vermont have less than 10 births per 100,000. Maine has less than 10 births per 100,000 people based on population

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_01.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2018, 11:51 AM
 
1,993 posts, read 1,142,208 times
Reputation: 788
Perhaps you should be posting about Hurricane Harvey recovery instead of acting with intent to give the city of Houston a bad reputation.

It would be much more effective and productive on your part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 11:55 AM
 
15,323 posts, read 4,040,543 times
Reputation: 11050
It's only natural that most poorer people are "stuck" in urban environments because it costs a LOT to live out in the burbs or in the country.

Obviously it depends on exactly where the city limits are (measurements, stats)....some cities are actually a collection of dozens of separate entities.

Also, weren't a large amount of residents from NO moved up that way...and stayed? It would make sense that they would have not built up much equity by this point. Also - Texas seems a state of great inequality.

"Texas ranks No. 5 for income inequality"
"The top 1 percent, whose income starts at $414,500, hauled in almost 21 percent of Texas’ total income in 2011. Its share was half that size in the ’70s"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Nebraska
3,255 posts, read 1,634,963 times
Reputation: 2895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Perhaps you should be posting about Hurricane Harvey recovery instead of acting with intent to give the city of Houston a bad reputation.

It would be much more effective and productive on your part.
Hurricane Harvey was over 6 months ago. People in other cities don't get federal bailouts when they go through a financially rough period. Houston could have had a world-class flood control system if it had higher tax revenues from having a wealthier demographic overall and was not trying to recruit welfare people from other states.

Houston was bragging in 2005 about how they were trying to get as many poor residents from New Orleans to relocate. They knew that those moving to Houston to New Orleans would generate federal welfare money for the city with all that WIC, EBT, Medicaid and other federal handout programs.

Houston also has lots and lots of unfunded pension liabilities. Rather than trying to appeal to hard-workers who will generate tax revenue for their city. They have been catering to welfare-class with third-world birthrates.

https://www.statedatalab.org/pension_database

https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/towering-debts/

Los Angeles homeless issues are nothing compared to Houston and the skyrocketing amounts of welfare births in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 12:00 PM
 
17,000 posts, read 8,633,785 times
Reputation: 9776
Practically is the third world. Clue- Hardly 50% speak English. Importing the worlds problems will haunt the rest of us eventually if not already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,891 posts, read 16,278,817 times
Reputation: 12807
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
21.4 births per 100,000 in Houston

81 percent of children in Houston Independent School District are so poor that the federal government has to intervene and give them free and reduced lunch.

Los Angeles homeless issue is nothing compared to the third-world baby factory that the city of Houston is.

Easier to house 50,000 or so homeless people in LA. Than Houston with by far the largest per-capita rate of poor children of any top 10 city in America.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/chs/vstat/vs13/t09.aspx

Students at 169 schools to eat for free during 2014-2015 school year | News Blog

They pretty much have a third-world birth rate in Houston. Seems like it a perfect city for welfare though as Texas has excellent benefits for poor families as long as they have children. The rents and single-family homes are extremely cheap.

Lots of condos for $50,000 or less. Monthly hotels around $800/month. Lots of single-family homes for less than $100,000. This means that families who can't afford anywhere else are moving to Houston.

Houston has 30 percent higher birth rate than Mormons in Utah. Over Double the rate of New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine

Utah has about 16 births per 100,000

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...rs-and-babies/

Very rich New Hampshire, Vermont have less than 10 births per 100,000. Maine has less than 10 births per 100,000 people based on population

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_01.pdf
What makes you think that Texas has "excellent benefits for poor families?"

What you are seeing is the outcome of limiting women's health choices coupled with a culture that values large families.

Lots of people predicted that Texas would end up paying for more births when they stopped funding Planned Parenthood.

Et voila!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 12:10 PM
 
10,558 posts, read 13,124,167 times
Reputation: 6356
Welcome to the U S of A. Poor people live in cities in far greater numbers than the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Nebraska
3,255 posts, read 1,634,963 times
Reputation: 2895
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Practically is the third world. Clue- Hardly 50% speak English. Importing the worlds problems will haunt the rest of us eventually if not already.
Houston is unique: It is an extremely cheap city with massive amounts of run-down housing and landlords who are than willing to take section 8 vouchers. They have a massive amount of third-world immigration where having huge families in a cultural tradition. They have lots of welfare shoppers from all over America who come to Houston for the family welfare benefits.

Houston also has lots and lots of people who come from Mexico and have as many anchor babies as they can.

Houston was bragging in 2005 about how it wanted to open up the city to welfare people living in housing projects from New Orleans.

I was on a Greyhound bus once going from LA to Phoenix and it was full of homeless families with crying babies going to Texas because they can't afford California without section 8 and even with their vouchers in California with the lack of single-family home inventory they usually need to port their voucher to another city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 12:16 PM
 
36,947 posts, read 16,388,115 times
Reputation: 9939
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
21.4 births per 100,000 in Houston

81 percent of children in Houston Independent School District are so poor that the federal government has to intervene and give them free and reduced lunch.

Los Angeles homeless issue is nothing compared to the third-world baby factory that the city of Houston is.

Easier to house 50,000 or so homeless people in LA. Than Houston with by far the largest per-capita rate of poor children of any top 10 city in America.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/chs/vstat/vs13/t09.aspx

Students at 169 schools to eat for free during 2014-2015 school year | News Blog

They pretty much have a third-world birth rate in Houston. Seems like it a perfect city for welfare though as Texas has excellent benefits for poor families as long as they have children. The rents and single-family homes are extremely cheap.

Lots of condos for $50,000 or less. Monthly hotels around $800/month. Lots of single-family homes for less than $100,000. This means that families who can't afford anywhere else are moving to Houston.

Houston has 30 percent higher birth rate than Mormons in Utah. Over Double the rate of New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine

Utah has about 16 births per 100,000

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...rs-and-babies/

Very rich New Hampshire, Vermont have less than 10 births per 100,000. Maine has less than 10 births per 100,000 people based on population

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_01.pdf

I'd be willing to bet that many if not most of them are children of illegal alien parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2018, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,891 posts, read 16,278,817 times
Reputation: 12807
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Houston is unique: It is an extremely cheap city with massive amounts of run-down housing and landlords who are than willing to take section 8 vouchers. They have a massive amount of third-world immigration where having huge families in a cultural tradition. They have lots of welfare shoppers from all over America who come to Houston for the family welfare benefits.

Houston also has lots and lots of people who come from Mexico and have as many anchor babies as they can.

Houston was bragging in 2005 about how it wanted to open up the city to welfare people living in housing projects from New Orleans.

I was on a Greyhound bus once going from LA to Phoenix and it was full of homeless families with crying babies going to Texas because they can't afford California without section 8 and even with their vouchers in California with the lack of single-family home inventory they usually need to port their voucher to another city.
Again, please give us some examples of these great benefits available in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top