U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 08:43 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,811,728 times

Advertisements

I love California and it's liberal ways, but it is too expensive for me. The housing prices have outgrown the wages so much over the last 20-30 years, it's just not a practical place to live for most midwesterners and other mere mortals. As for the tech richies battling the hippies, I don't really give a s***. I know the richies will win and make it more a more republican friendly place ultimately, and that's the reason I am not sad about not being able to afford living in California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 08:46 PM

25,260 posts, read 15,275,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I love California and it's liberal ways, but it is too expensive for me. The housing prices have outgrown the wages so much over the last 20-30 years, it's just not a practical place to live for most midwesterners and other mere mortals. As for the tech richies battling the hippies, I don't really give a s***. I know the richies will win and make it more a more republican friendly place ultimately, and that's the reason I am not sad about not being able to afford living in California.
Vast majority of the tech richies are liberals though ..

Old 03-03-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Vast majority of the tech richies are liberals though ..
Philosophically, but in a pragmatic way? No, not really.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:52 PM

San Francisco is not liberal anymore, contrary to popular opinion.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:56 PM

1,335 posts, read 460,465 times
Quote:
Lol

Old 03-03-2018, 09:02 PM

310 posts, read 98,982 times
Quote:
San Francisco is to liberals what Mecca is to Muslims.

Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel - a trump supporter who is also gay, recently moved away because of how liberal it is.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post

Billionaire Investor Peter Thiel - a trump supporter who is also gay, recently moved away because of how liberal it is.
Not true. San Francisco is just for rich people now, not just for liberals. Peter Thiel is obviously ridiculously rich. Absurd wealth does not and cannot coexist with liberalism. I know many people in the Bay area; Most consider themselves liberal, but they pay $12 for a pint of ice cream and $30 per hour for babysitting. They know it is untenable for working class people. That is not liberalism. For real liberalism, I think you have to look to unspoiled cities where right wingers have less influence like Burlington VT, Euguene OR, and Missoula MT.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:25 PM

321 posts, read 118,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post

He traded San Francisco for Los Angeles, it does not make much difference.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:05 PM

25,260 posts, read 15,275,839 times
Quote:
Not true. San Francisco is just for rich people now, not just for liberals. Peter Thiel is obviously ridiculously rich. Absurd wealth does not and cannot coexist with liberalism. I know many people in the Bay area; Most consider themselves liberal, but they pay $12 for a pint of ice cream and $30 per hour for babysitting. They know it is untenable for working class people. That is not liberalism. For real liberalism, I think you have to look to unspoiled cities where right wingers have less influence like Burlington VT, Euguene OR, and Missoula MT.
What kind of influence do right wingers have in San Francisco ?

Hillary got 84.7% of the vote in San Francisco .

Speaking of Burlington ,VT Ben and Jerry became very wealthy starting their business there .

Old 03-03-2018, 11:17 PM

3,277 posts, read 2,289,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I think liberals are more obsessed with Trump .

Triggered by every little thing he says of does more like it .
Its quite possible they learned from the best at that: Repubs from 2008 to 2016 was a whiny bitchy bash fest towards Obama. I even read comments about his choice of the during a SOTU
You're side is NO better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or