U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 09:05 AM

9,461 posts, read 2,326,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Schiff said its the job of the committee to tell the American people what happened, but is upset when Nunes does exactly that, and tells the people about the FISA abuse.
Fail.

Nunes has been hoaxing and spinning. He has not been telling people what happened, he has been promoting an alternate reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 09:16 AM

763 posts, read 222,777 times
Mueller holds all the cards in this, not the congressional committees. As far as collusion, the story line I'm following is reportedly Mueller is getting ready to place indictments on the Russians regarding the DNC hacking...IF...that happens the narrative will shift from Obstruction of Justice to Conspiracy. These indictments hold a great deal of details in this investigation on what laws are broken, by whom and why. If there are any connections between the Russians about to be indicted along with knowledge of these crimes and Team Trump...that is conspiracy. Then the narrative will focus on what did Trump know and when did he know it?

Old 03-04-2018, 09:20 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,960,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
This is what President Obama said about Russian influence on US elections in October, 2016:

“There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections. There’s no evidence that that has happened in the past or that it will happen this time, and so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and make his case to get votes.”

And this is what the open mic caught him saying to Dmitri Medvedev, the Russian President, before the 2012 election:

“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved, but it’s important for him (Putin) to give me space. . . . This is my last election. . . . After my election, I have more flexibility.”

So, if you keep it cool before the election, I'll return the favor. An out in the open quid pro quo. You help me with my election, I'll take care of you afterwards.

Maybe our standards were lower 6 years ago. Or maybe the shoe was on a different foot.
Neither you nor I know what was on Obama's mind in 2012.

As for Obama's statement on the 2016 election here is a more complete version of his comment. Its clear Obama was addressing Trump's accusation of voter fraud. As of yet there is still no evidence of vote tampering at the polls, by the Russians or anyone else.

Because democracy, by definition, works by consent, not by force. I have never seen, in my lifetime or in modern political history, any presidential candidate trying to discredit the elections and the election process before votes have even taken place.

It’s unprecedented. It happens to be based on no facts; every expert, regardless of political party, regardless of ideology, conservative or liberal, who has ever examined these issues in a serious way, will tell you that instances of significant voter fraud are not to be found, that — keep in mind, elections are run by state and local officials, which means that there are places like Florida, for example, where you’ve got a Republican governor, whose Republican appointees are going to running and monitoring a whole bunch of these election sites.

The notion that somehow if Mr. Trump loses Florida, it’s because of those people that you have to watch out for, that is both irresponsible and, by the way, doesn’t really show the kind of leadership and toughness that you want out of a president.

If you start whining before the game’s even over, if whenever things are going badly for you and you lose, you start blaming somebody else, then you don’t have what it takes to be in this job because there are a lot of times when things don’t go our way or my way.

That’s OK, you fight through it, you work through it, you try to accomplish your goals. But the larger point I want to emphasize here is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even — you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.

There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:30 AM

66,505 posts, read 33,791,630 times
Let me get this straight... The Russians trolled the internet and social media, with a message so powerful and truthful, the Democrats had no debate?

That says more about the Democrat message than anything. It wasn't the truth the Democrats were peddling.

Trump does it the best. The lies get thwarted with the truth and it shuts them up on that issue and on come the character attacks.

Deny, Deflect, Demonize... rinse & repeat. The Democrat manifesto.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Let me get this straight... The Russians trolled the internet and social media, with a message so powerful and truthful, the Democrats had no debate?

That says more about the Democrat message than anything. It wasn't the truth the Democrats were peddling.

Trump does it the best. The lies get thwarted with the truth and it shuts them up on that issue and on come the character attacks.

Deny, Deflect, Demonize... rinse & repeat. The Democrat manifesto.
The Russians did way more than troll social media. The fact that many Americans apparently don't care says a lot about our Dear Leader and his followers.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:15 PM

10,950 posts, read 5,068,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Fail.

Nunes has been hoaxing and spinning. He has not been telling people what happened, he has been promoting an alternate reality.
And yet it is Adam Schiff that said there was more than circumstantial evidence of collusion.

He said that a year ago, well Adam, we're waiting, what is this evidence?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:44 PM

35,249 posts, read 19,292,205 times
Talking "No evidence"....

Quote:
And yet it is Adam Schiff that said there was more than circumstantial evidence of collusion.

Keep your pants on.

Mueller has been collecting it for months now.

You'll find out when the rest of us do.

It's enough for 5 convictions so far. And tRump is nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

What's he afraid of?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:

He did? Where? Earlier I posted 2 links to Schiff's comments from a year ago; one was an interview and another was a 30 minute news conference. In both he says there is no evidence of collusion.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:05 PM

5,441 posts, read 2,013,160 times
" Schiff on "The View": No Treason, No Evidence of Collusion on Trump/Russia "

OP either didn't watch the video, didn't understand the video, or is just lying outright. Pick one.

The Trump team was told TWICE -- once to Papadopolous and once at Trump Tower -- by the Russians that they had stolen data hurtful to Clinton. And with that knowledge, the Trump team did not discourage its use and did not condemn it. Their campaign consultant, Cambridge Analytica, was in contact with WikiLeaks. Then, later, the Trump team began to negotiate lifting the sanctions. It was, at the minimum, an I'll help you if you help me deal.

And to this day Trump refuses to enforce the sanctions. He refuses to show leadership on preventing meddling in the upcoming midterms. That's evidence that the collusion is continuing today in real time.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:08 PM

45,165 posts, read 17,925,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Enjoy it while he lasts.
Thank you for your permission. I am.

Hey, how was that crow? You never said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or