Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 06:06 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Trump repeatedly makes false statements and uses propaganda to manipulate his country, yet no one who lives in the USA seems to care enough to stop it. I'm at a loss to understand why people in the USA tolerate a lying president. Are they so scared of their future that they hope his lies will protect them? Is dishonesty a social value in the USA? Are people too dumb to understand the difference between true and false?

What's wrong with people in the USA? More importantly, how long will it take to restore reputation after Trump is gone?
Obama was at least as much of a liar as Trump is, and that is not an attempt to downplay Trump's tendency to lie. Both of these two are pathological liars and diagnosable narcissists.

Of course one huge difference difference between the two was the opposite partisan press coverage they have each received. Obama of course was hailed by most of the media as some sort of new-age leftist god, who it was their job to promote, worship and protect. When Obama lied or performed badly, they would either ignore the story, or lie on his behalf to try to spin the incident in a way that made Obama look as good as they could possibly manage.

In case anyone thought the steady supply of "fake news" by the mass-media just got going during the last presidential election cycle, bwahaha, that is absolutely false. It was elevated to a high art form during the reign and on behalf of Barack H. Obama.

Trump on the other hand has these people truly unmoored from their bearings. Quite a few of them appear to be in need of a serious program of psychiatric assistance. While there really is no need to make up stuff about Trump - he like Obama before him does lie regularly in public for all to see - the leftist media cannot seem to help themselves, as they actually make up and tell more lies about Trump while trying to report about him than Trump himself does.

Needless to say, this sort of coverage is the polar opposite of how they treated their leftist messiah, Barack Obama. Unfortunately for us all, our media has so thoroughly discredited themselves that only the most hardcore leftist sycophants still put any significant stock in what these people say anymore.

If you want to out yourself as one of these mentally weak partisan hacks, you can do that now by trying to defend Obama as honest and good-hearted, while spewing bile-filled hate at Donald Trump. Seriously, if you are one of the sad people, you need to get over yourself. Both of these two characters are deeply flawed, and if you cannot see that, then so are you.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 03-06-2018 at 06:52 PM..

Old 03-06-2018, 07:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
President Trump knows exactly what he is doing!
Meh...I wouldn’t go THAT far.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What about the rest of the population? Doesn't his dishonesty shock people to the core? He represents the average person on the street, and is presumably a reflection/embodiment of their values, beliefs, and abilities. How can the rest of the world not assume that people in the USA are dishonest, silly, illogical bullies who care about no one and nothing beyond personal gain?

Trump has now said that if NAFTA talks result in an agreement, he'll withdraw the tariff threats. This also makes no sense because he is the one who loudly claimed that he wanted to trash NAFTA, now he says that his threat is intended to ensure that there is a NAFTA agreement.
You have it right. The Majority of Americans disapprove of him. 1/2 Million (mostly female) showed up in the winter in DC to protest against him.

But the problem is....politics here is not like in most places. We really don't have much of a say. If it was up to me I'd jail for life or execute those guilty of treason (a LOT of his admin).....and I think he should have been jailed a long time ago.

But here in the USA - rob a gas station and you'll do 10-20 years in jail. Steal tens of millions and you'll make a lot of friends.

Unfortunately our system has been gamed and there is very little we can do about it in the short run. Please don't think that most Americans support this Idiot. His base are the uneducated, the very angry, the short sighted, those who make $$ off of his bad policies and so on...

Or, as they are better known, Deplorables. That accounts for about 25% of this country. Then you add a lot of people who don't know better - they probably can't find Syria on a map and they want to believe lies, even after thousands of them. I'm sure some of them "mean well", but they listen to the Preacher Man or some other BS...

They are RWA (Right Wing Authoritarians) and really cannot help themselves. They would follow their perception of a "Great Leader" whether they were born here or in N.Korea. Humans are humans everywhere...but in the end we are no better (and often worse) than other populations manipulated by propaganda.

YES - I AM SHOCKED TO THE CORE. SO ARE A LOT OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:08 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You have it right. The Majority of Americans disapprove of him. 1/2 Million (mostly female) showed up in the winter in DC to protest against him.

But the problem is....politics here is not like in most places. We really don't have much of a say. If it was up to me I'd jail for life or execute those guilty of treason (a LOT of his admin).....and I think he should have been jailed a long time ago.

But here in the USA - rob a gas station and you'll do 10-20 years in jail. Steal tens of millions and you'll make a lot of friends.

Unfortunately our system has been gamed and there is very little we can do about it in the short run. Please don't think that most Americans support this Idiot. His base are the uneducated, the very angry, the short sighted, those who make $$ off of his bad policies and so on...

Or, as they are better known, Deplorables. That accounts for about 25% of this country. Then you add a lot of people who don't know better - they probably can't find Syria on a map and they want to believe lies, even after thousands of them. I'm sure some of them "mean well", but they listen to the Preacher Man or some other BS...

They are RWA (Right Wing Authoritarians) and really cannot help themselves. They would follow their perception of a "Great Leader" whether they were born here or in N.Korea. Humans are humans everywhere...but in the end we are no better (and often worse) than other populations manipulated by propaganda.

YES - I AM SHOCKED TO THE CORE. SO ARE A LOT OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW.
That is reassuring! Thank you. The system has indeed been gamed in a big way. It's real life Monty Python.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:12 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
"Now we have the local globalists weighing in in this thread, telling us there is nothing we can do but lie back and enjoy it, because we don't want to upset the other countries, or the globalist system that has been built around the premise of them having their way with us and our markets, at the expense of many of our citizens, with a good sized group of our elites notably excepted."

Exactly. Once American production/manufacturing competition is eliminated, those making the money off of the imported goods are free to charge what they like. I've already seen this in some commodities, the quality American item is no longer available and the Chinese junk has raised it's price to the same. While the middle class falls into the safety nets and ends up in tiny government assisted apartments while the Elite become the super wealthy Czars of the country, and through the golden rule, assure things stay that way. Gone is the American dream of the house and white picked fence, welcome to communism.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:24 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Chuck Todd is an ignorant preening ass. Case closed.

And Wilbur Ross worked Todd like a rented mule during this interview.
Wilbur Ross didn't work anyone, he's a doddering old fool who has no idea what these tariffs will do the US economy, he and his sidekick, Peter Navarro the economist who couldn't get a job anywhere except the White House sold this garbage plan to Trump who is so poorly informed that he adopts whatever policy the last person in his office sells him

Old 03-07-2018, 02:27 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
"Now we have the local globalists weighing in in this thread, telling us there is nothing we can do but lie back and enjoy it, because we don't want to upset the other countries, or the globalist system that has been built around the premise of them having their way with us and our markets, at the expense of many of our citizens, with a good sized group of our elites notably excepted."

Exactly. Once American production/manufacturing competition is eliminated, those making the money off of the imported goods are free to charge what they like. I've already seen this in some commodities, the quality American item is no longer available and the Chinese junk has raised it's price to the same. While the middle class falls into the safety nets and ends up in tiny government assisted apartments while the Elite become the super wealthy Czars of the country, and through the golden rule, assure things stay that way. Gone is the American dream of the house and white picked fence, welcome to communism.
Communism? WTH does this argument have to do with communism? We are not going to start manufacturing consumer goods in the US primarily because the dollar store crap has become the narcotic that satiates the desire for the working class who hasn't had a significant pay raise in the last 20 years to "buy things". You start imposing tariffs they will be met with retaliation and the dollar store will become a ten dollar store but the workers won't be earning one cent more than they are now. Get ready for a revolution if that happens

Old 03-07-2018, 02:38 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The market is going to be volatile as it's clear that we have a fractured, barely functional government, and an unhinged reality television personality for a head of state.

It's more like President Trump lifted up the rug and the cockroaches are scattering when exposed to light.

Old 03-07-2018, 02:58 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
It's more like President Trump lifted up the rug and the cockroaches are scattering when exposed to light.
Indeed it is. +1

Old 03-07-2018, 03:15 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,095 times
My state will be heavily impacted by this. We manufacture farming equipment and produce energy. Steel is used in both these industries. I hope you’re all prepared to pay for the increase in cost at the pump and at the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies