Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 12:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

I wonder if anyone asked this shyster about the "income disparity" in his homeland of Nigeria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 12:28 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I think I had a dream about B before. I'd go into detail but it was so erotic I woke up flush and overwhelmed.
Despite what you believe, government is necessary for a stable society. Anarcho-capitalism can't work in the real world, precisely because of wealth and income disparity. Equal protection would disappear

Old 03-04-2018, 12:35 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
According to the Left they are definitely stupid.

They need constant care.
People born into generational poverty usually have needs. If earlier generations had not experienced discrimination and were allowed to peacefully assimilate into white American society, then perhaps the need would not exist to the extent that it does today.

However, racism persists even until this very day. Shall we have yet another generation born into poverty and perhaps even another after that.

I believe that the care needed will always be insufficient when it comes to actual community requirements and the degree of problem solving received from whites.

African-Americans need to look more introspectively in order to solve their own problems.

If I push you overboard at sea, then you should not look for me to throw you a life jacket!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:37 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

The median income for African-American households in New Orleans fell from $32,332 in 2000 to $27,812 in 2013 in inflation-adjusted dollars, ......

....These customers also have the option to pay the listed $12 price.

How does someone, whose entire household income is $32K/year, justify paying $12 for a paper plate of rice and mashed plantain?

That can't be the usual clientele of that restaurant.

I'm thinking there is something bogus about this whole story.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:47 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Despite what you believe, government is necessary for a stable society. Anarcho-capitalism can't work in the real world, precisely because of wealth and income disparity. Equal protection would disappear
Another science-denier who doesn't believe in the evolutionary process, and believes artificial stopgaps have to intervene. /SMH

Old 03-04-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
This experiment showed what most everyone already knows: White people are pushovers. The fact that 80 percent agreed to pay the inflated price shows how easily White people will allow themselves to be stepped on for others' gains. I would say it was sad but we've all seen it too often to even be surprised anymore. White people have become neutered.
Your point that white people "are pushovers" is true only in the sense that all people are follwers and look to others for guidance and leadership. Once we've become sufficiently primed with propaganda and BS, it suddenly becomes easier to select a leader or person of influence and we then group-identify.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
People born into generational poverty usually have needs. If earlier generations had not experienced discrimination and were allowed to peacefully assimilate into white American society, then perhaps the need would not exist to the extent that it does today.

However, racism persists even until this very day. Shall we have yet another generation born into poverty and perhaps even another after that.
Im not seeing "whitey" holding a gun to Black folks' heads and forcing them to have a 72% unwed birth rate.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Im not seeing "whitey" holding a gun to Black folks' heads and forcing them to have a 72% unwed birth rate.
Why use "whitey" as a term of polarization, before we've had dialogue?

You seem to have analyzed the situation thoroughly enough to exactly state the source of the problem.

So the fact that the African-American family has always typically been weak, then that has nothing to do with slavery, the lack of culture, lack of family structure, and lack of culture, all due to failure to successfully assimilate within a racist society has absoutely nothing to with their existing societal problems.

So that would necessarily mean that all external forces outside their community are merely of an innocuous nature and should have very little or no effect upon their quality of life or their inability to develop strong familial bonds.

Last edited by zeliner; 03-04-2018 at 02:15 PM..

Old 03-04-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Why use "whitey" as a term of polarization
Why charge Whites more than Blacks for the same food? My comment directly addresses the point.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
So the fact that the African-American family has always typically been weak, then has nothing to do with slavery, the lack of culture, lack of family structure, and lack of culture, due to failure to assimilate within a racist society has absoutely nothing to with their existing problems
It doesn't. At all. That's why Blacks' unwed birth rate was significantly lower decades ago, closer to the time of slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies