U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 10:57 PM

5,322 posts, read 1,986,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
What is an "ethnic political concern"? Asking for a friend...

Examples include a person thinking or stating the sum of:

"My sociopolitical group is black, and I see this group as being disadvantaged in ways x, y, and z".

"My sociopolitical group is Latino, and I see this group as being disadvantaged in ways x, y, and z".

"My sociopolitical group is Jewish, and I see this group as being disadvantaged in ways x, y, and z".

etc. The group is utterly interchangeable. You could insert any group in this statement, the world over, to give an example of the format of an "ethno-political concern" for that group.

Generally, this is followed up by thoughts or statements on possible solutions. Often, these solutions are the same or even more inward looking than a "WN" might suggest.

PS. I don't know what your "asking for a friend" caveat is supposed to have relevance to or communicate.

Last edited by golgi1; 03-05-2018 at 12:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 11:41 PM

5,908 posts, read 2,003,567 times
Where is the "Racist" part?

I read the articles about this..nothing "Racist" was reported.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:44 PM

5,908 posts, read 2,003,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
So teaching racism is not wrong in your view.

And her call - when teaching - for "Muslims to be eradicated “from the face of the Earth.”" Is nothing like the other person suggesting some whites be killed; just a difference of opinion.

So, you just ONLY think it is wrong to want to kill white people. Got it.
That isn't what she said. She said terror won't stop unless they reform their aggressive cult, or they simply are eradicated from the face of the earth. That is a totally true and legit statement. Those are the only conditions under which it is likely there will not be muslim terror, because it comes from their beliefs, which are dictated by their religious text.

Also, how could that comment be "Racist" when muslim is not a race?

Old 03-05-2018, 12:00 AM

12,403 posts, read 3,872,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
That isn't what she said. She said terror won't stop unless they reform their aggressive cult, or they simply are eradicated from the face of the earth. That is a totally true and legit statement. Those are the only conditions under which it is likely there will not be muslim terror, because it comes from their beliefs, which are dictated by their religious text.

Also, how could that comment be "Racist" when muslim is not a race?
So you have to be fine with Islam to even work in your own homeland in America? How many incompatible global cultures do Americans have to assimilate to and tolerate no matter how intolerable? I don't care if muslims reform themselves or go extinct, just as long as they stay where they are and are not allowed to come here.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:46 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,872,052 times
Like liberal progressive don't openly engage in hyperbole and extreme rhetoric in the media and academia .

Old 03-05-2018, 12:52 PM

8,106 posts, read 2,391,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Do these people have ethical problems whereas they are supposed to be nursing or teaching children fairly and honestly, yet are closeted bigots? If so, they should be terminated.
That would be illegal. The government can't fire people for political beliefs.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:07 PM

5,034 posts, read 2,206,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So you have to be fine with Islam to even work in your own homeland in America? How many incompatible global cultures do Americans have to assimilate to and tolerate no matter how intolerable? I don't care if muslims reform themselves or go extinct, just as long as they stay where they are and are not allowed to come here.
I have a feeling he sees racism behind every rock.............

Old 03-05-2018, 01:09 PM

8,777 posts, read 5,620,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That would be illegal. The government can't fire people for political beliefs.
They can't? Ask Karen Fitzgibbons about that and get back to me. Then after you get her opinion, ask Cammie Rone what she thinks.

Personally, it bothers me a little when racists are fired, not because they shouldn't be, but because this has the effect of sending so many of them back under the woodwork; and I would prefer that they stay out in the open where everyone can see them and know what they are.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 03-05-2018 at 01:43 PM..

Old 03-05-2018, 01:20 PM

8,777 posts, read 5,620,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I have a feeling he sees racism behind every rock.............
Yes, I see racism everywhere, that's why other people are publishing articles about what "I see."
And yes, this teacher is now under investigation, obviously because of what "I see."

This is a poor response when you have been shown to be wrong. Sad.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:25 PM

996 posts, read 425,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post

Are we rooting out any Black, Latino, or Asian nationalists from the school system? No? Then this is a non-story.
Never heard any black, latino or asian nationalists or supremacists in the USA, even yet in the school system. Care to provide a quote, a cite, a source, anything ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies