U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 06:54 AM

18,052 posts, read 10,077,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He also called the audience, "Godless liberal elites." LMFAO
Knows his audience well, so he knows what sort of debauchery to show them next to appeal to their prurient interests.

Sounds like smart business to me. Conservatives should be impresssed with him.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:55 AM

26,314 posts, read 24,409,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
LOL, my wife and I just recently watched the Justice League and when he came out as Aquaman I thought she was going to lick the TV ! I will have to tell her about he Braven movie.
OMG, what a hunk! Loved him on Game of Thrones....he is absolutely gorgeous, I was licking the TV with her. LOL , Wait, I have to calm myself down...

OK, I'm better now....

You will love Braven....

what's the guys name who was in Avatar, Lang? He plays Momosa's father.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:56 AM

17,073 posts, read 19,415,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I wonder how it would had turned if they said then they make them to upset Muslims?
Hollywood can't do that, because it would challenge their entire belief system.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:58 AM

12,359 posts, read 7,718,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Funny how you don't mention the REAL threat from Hollyweird--that it's basically bought and paid for by the CIA and the Pentagon in order to glorify the War State.

Documents Expose How Hollywood Promotes War On Behalf Of The Pentagon, CIA, & NSA

Hollywood Films Funded By... The Pentagon

FOIA Docs Show CIA/Pentagon Made 1,800 Movies, TV Shows to Make America Love War
To me this is far more obscene than movies that include sex between consenting adults. The glorification of war that primes young people into going off to fight is the real deviancy against the sanctity of life. I don't get how conservative Pro-Lifers can be so Pro-War.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 03-05-2018 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: edit to add last sentence

Old 03-05-2018, 06:59 AM

3,893 posts, read 1,990,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Which isn't even the wrong place if you were born a gay man. It's just how you are.
And, for that matter, isn't any different from where straight guys put it either. Ask a lot of straight ladies!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:09 AM

3,893 posts, read 1,990,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
paid off.
Do you have actual proof of that, or are you just blowing smoke? I couldn't care less about Kobe Bryant's reputation, but I would never say someone is a rapist unless they've been convicted, and he wasn't. You have proof that he paid off the victim, then provide it. Otherwise, you're smearing a man without proof.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:11 AM

18,052 posts, read 10,077,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Me too.

Me too. My favorite childhood memories are reading books and Reader's Digest magazines at my Grandpa's house. Before I and my family were estranged, my Aunt Sharyl would pass along her RDs she was done reading.

I hope your film does well.
My Grandmother had stacks of Reader's Digests, and my step-grandfather had stacks of Field and Stream, Sports Afield, and Popular Mechanics. I'd spend the night on the weekends and stay up all night reading.

Thanks. Hopefully it will have a distributor soon. The director who owns half the film is hoping for a hookup when it plays in Indiana at the "Midwest Action Festival" April 20-22. It's also showing at the "Too Drunk To Watch" festival in Berlin in April, and "The Wayward Festival" in L.A. this winter. We're all pretty stoked about the reception it has received so far.

Last edited by cuebald; 03-05-2018 at 07:20 AM..

Old 03-05-2018, 07:12 AM

23,969 posts, read 32,674,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Are you going to watch Kimmel bashing anything he doesn't agree with?

Will Kimmel dare to call out all hypocrites who kept their mouth shut about Harvey, Spacey and many others?

I will see and hear the next day as we are going to enjoy a different evening!

We used to be watching the red carpet and watching what are the stars wearing. Right now I don't see them anymore as stars but political propaganda activists that soon will be replaced by silent computer images!
LOL no, we didn't watch. I didn't realize the Oscars were on until this morning when I watched the news.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:13 AM

2,140 posts, read 1,254,634 times
Kobe is a top athlete; jealousy here and there? The headline on this subject needs to be changed. JMO

Old 03-05-2018, 07:14 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,667,738 times
Kobe's Lawyers Introduce 'Compelling Evidence' | Fox News

Quote:
Bryant's defense focused on the accuser's undergarments. Lawyers said the tests found "substances" -- later described by the lead investigator as semen -- from a man other than Bryant. His lawyers argue that injuries to the woman may have been caused by previous sexual partners.

Bryant attorney Pamela Mackey (search) wasted no time getting Detective Doug Winters to say that the yellow underwear the woman wore to her rape exam at a nearby hospital the next day contained sperm from another man, along with Caucasian pubic hair.

The 25-year-old Bryant, who is black, contends he had consensual sex with the woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or