U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 09:37 AM

26,324 posts, read 24,447,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
It certainly is radical to care about your sick child over profits for medical corporations.

and please point out to me, in my post where I said he was radical about his kid?

No where did I mention that, did I? I'm sorry for his child....just b/c I don't like the man, doesn't mean in any shape or form that I wish anything bad on his child....

Geese Louise.....

Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 AM

18,072 posts, read 10,100,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
And you had access to it, out at the guard house did you?
In the gun shop. The one where I was a gunsmith. So I could work on it and stop it from jamming.

Try to keep up, m'k...?

Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 AM

3,651 posts, read 2,460,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

and please point out to me, in my post where I said he was radical about his kid?

No where did I mention that, did I? I'm sorry for his child....just b/c I don't like the man, doesn't mean in any shape or form that I wish anything bad on his child....

Geese Louise.....
So how is Kimmel "so radical"? You're the one who left the statement ambiguous, and Kimmel's most political stance revolves around his sick child.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:42 AM

26,324 posts, read 24,447,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You know they were talking about his kid ..
No I wasn't, not in the least bit, and how dare you presume....how dare you say something like that!!! I would never ever wish anything bad on anyone.....

I was talking about, never mind, I guess you never watch his show, and you don't deserve an explaination, if your mind takes you to those places.....

Old 03-05-2018, 09:43 AM

8,520 posts, read 5,342,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oscars will have the lowest viewers and most bashing in the history of the Oscars.

Been consulting your magic 8 ball again, OP?

Oh, and thanks for the reminder. I forgot about the Oscars until I saw your thread.
I know, right? Already know what the ratings are going to be before the show even airs.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:45 AM

32,219 posts, read 16,541,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
It might SEEM like its a profit home-run, but its totally NOT a money maker. That's why Kimmel said "We don't make films like this for the money." That's because there is no money in it!
As compared to Transformers XVIII - "This time with more explosions and extra lens flare" - the money isn't great. The ROI can be decent enough but yes, its' a niche movie. So? Sometimes people make art for art's sake. Sometimes people make movies that pay the bills. Sometimes you take a chance and a small production becomes a runaway hit. It's a market economy.

Watching the perpetually offended segment of the right wing going nuts over the fact that the people representing one of the US' biggest export industries have - gasp! - opinions - it is getting to be a bit repetitive, you know.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I never watched the whole thing because it just goes on and on, but I find it funny people come here to announce they don't watch football, or Oscars etc because of politics.
And they are the main one doing the watching. Football season is over, so they need something else to complain about. These folks are never happy about anything, spend lots of time finding stuff to cry about.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes I plan to watch. I love Kimmel--he's hilarious. And he might actually make jokes about politics, so it is totally understandable why sensitive snowflakes would not watch, but prefer to bash it from their safe space.

It's a television program. Puzzling that that the right is so freaked out by actors having opinions, while at the same time proclaiming how insignificant they are.
They just don't want to hear Trump bashing, or anything about guns.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:03 AM

32,219 posts, read 16,541,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Why would a straight guy read a gay love story...makes no sense.
Why would you read "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" when you're not a seagull? Why would you read Moby Dick when you're not a whaler? (Because it's boring. OK, bad example.) Why would you read Austen if you're not a 19th-century English woman?

Some of us read to see the world as it appears through the eyes of other people, real or imaginary. It's kinda cool, actually.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:08 AM

35,126 posts, read 19,212,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When he rides up to Ten Bears encampment and the little talk he had with Ten Bears.....
That was pure Libertarian. Live and let live.
"There is iron in your words."

Chief Ten Beers.

Not a typo.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or