Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 04:32 PM

19 posts, read 9,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Nightmarishly and awful? Drama queen aren’t we?

How exactly is this nightmarish and awful? Anyone getting hurt here? Anyone losing their lives here? Oh, it’s just that some people are asked to pay upfront and perhaps some feelings are hurt? Is that suppose to be “nightmarish and awful?”

Snowflake Leftists and their political correctness.
It's not nightmarish at all. Upon being told to pay upfront, the prospective customer has two options, --pay upfront, or simply elect not to purchase food from that venue. This is a non issue.

If they want to clog up their arteries with salty, gmo, old/unhealthy food so be it.. there are probably at least 2-3 other Chinese restaurants that they can frequent, who more than likely will just make the unhealthy food and not charge them up front.. Problem solved. Well at least until they have to pay for their unhealthy food choices, with diabetes, heart disease and obesity...

Old 03-04-2018, 04:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
That’s a great idea.

However, I won’t pay upfront regardless unless the White folks do. If it’s a buffet, the plates are already available so I’ll just serve myself and go have a seat. The most they can do is call the cops...who will do absolutely NOTHING to stop me because they can’t enforce a racial policy.

I don’t mind their racist policy. I’m just not gonna go along with it. And I’ll continue to eat there for no other reason than to annoy the owners who are powerless to stop me unless they lock the door.

This is much ado about nothing.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:38 PM

19 posts, read 9,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Instead of focusing on race and skin colour, focus on the fact that there have been others who have skipped out on their bill with that restaurant. Stop playing the race card.
This is a non issue for me, because I heavily believe in boycotting establishments that don't respect customers.

On another note, do you believe that Virginia Tech should have a special medal detector for all Asian students, since, an Asian male (Seung-Hui Cho) killed over 30 students with his assault riffle? Why not judge all Asians who attend VA tech, by the actions of Seung-Hui Cho. Based on your logic, this seems like the fair thing to do.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
BTW...I’ve only been to one Chinese buffet where you didn’t have to pay upfront. I always thought that was the norm.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:44 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The liberal mindset protects racists.

I'm happy this guy spoke his mind and the more he's able to promote his own business model the more I, as well as others, can decide to dine there or not.

I personally don't like what he did...is actively doing...but it's a great thing that he is able to do it. I work hard for my money. I want to know as much as possible about the products/services I'm considering for purchase.
It's not good he's able to do it (so far), and hopefully he won't be able to do it much longer.

As I replied to you earlier, what the restaurant manager did was illegal, and no restaurant owner has the right to arbitrarily decide who can and can't eat at the restaurant. In fact, what the restaurant owner did was discriminate against black customers (if those students had in fact refused to pay first, they would have been denied service). Saying "you people steal" is not a justifiable excuse no matter what universe you come from or how you try to spin it in your favor.

It's not about deciding where you want to eat or not, it's about ensuring that pubic places like restaurants in America abide by proper law and decency. Is it justifiable to refuse service to someone because they simply have on a Trump MAGA shirt or hat? No, it's not.

Just because people here may not be black, that doesn't excuse not seeing the bigger picture here.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No problem, as long as the same standard is applied to all. It would be better for servers, too. They are the ones whose pay is docked when a table they have waited on leaves without paying.
How about if more black customers meet the same standard of not stealing as well as the other groups and then no one has to pay up front. Why should everyone pay the consequence for the dysfunction of certain identity groups.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The business owner is Chinese. We all know that only White people can be racist.
That's true, everyone who isn't white is one of the "people of color" and can't be racist against themselves, right? I don't consider the restaurant owner as racist as being no non sense.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:52 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
This is what real racism looks like.
Unfortunately, the owner's problem is a reflection of reality for many business owners.

Old 03-04-2018, 04:59 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Large group of students, higher probability of dine & dash regardless of race. People are assuming the owner had them pre pay due to skin color vs age + large group.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:01 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
If it's a dive buffet, then he should just ask everyone to pay the price up front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies