Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 03:14 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,648,869 times

Advertisements

Control access to ammunition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 03:30 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,486,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You're not aware that part of the sport of shooting, range or target, includes reloading, then, eh?

Old 03-05-2018, 03:31 PM

5,901 posts, read 2,828,040 times
Quote:
How about Controlled access to your First Amendment rights.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:34 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,648,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
You're not aware that part of the sport of shooting, range or target, includes reloading, then, eh?
Sure. If we have a clean background check and a license, we can buy all the ammo we want. I was merely suggesting how people who you believe should not have access to weapons (but have them already) can be prevented from using them in some way. Confiscation will never work, but ammo access could.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:37 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,658,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
As we all know, gun laws and gun ownership are and have been a hot topic for as long as I can remember. There have always been those who are completely for the 2nd amendment and those who wish to see it totally repealed. And of course those who are in the middle of the debate, who simply want to see more restrictions but not a complete removal of our right to bear arms. But through all the debates on the subject that I have seen, I have yet to see anyone give any sort of real answer to this question, even though I have posed it several times over the years. So here it is, once again, for your consideration.

If all or most of the legally owned firearms in this country were banned and confiscated, what could be done about all the illegally owned weapons in the hands of criminals across our great nation? The call to disarm the civilian populace is so loud, yet no one seems to realize we will just be leaving ourselves at the mercy of those who don't bother with background checks or gun registration. Illegal firearms cross our borders constantly, and those weapons are not being bought by your average, everyday citizen. Those weapons go straight into the hands of criminals. And despite supposedly enormous efforts by our government, those gun shipments continue to cross our borders and arm the criminal elements of our country.

Personally, I believe in the 2nd amendment. I believe we have the right to own firearms just as we have the right to speak freely and assemble. And I believe that my 2nd amendment rights helps to keep me and my family safe from those who do not live by the laws of the land. So if you are one of those who wish to take away my guns, I would like you to tell us all how we should handle all those guns that the government can't locate and confiscate. What can we do to solve this part of the gun control problem?

PS. I do support legislation involving improved background checks, gun seizures for mental health issues, and the need for improved regulation of certain kinds of firearms. I do not think I should be able to go out and buy a rocket launcher tomorrow if I want one. Just wanted to clear that up ahead of time before the really crazy posts started to hit. Please stay on the topic.
What irony that your rationale is that you need a gun to protect yourself from others with guns. Talk about circular logic. Two words buddy, law enforcement.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:43 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,486,797 times
Quote:
Sure. If we have a clean background check and a license, we can buy all the ammo we want. I was merely suggesting how people who you believe should not have access to weapons (but have them already) can be prevented from using them in some way. Confiscation will never work, but ammo access could.
And I tried to explain people can make their own by reloading brass with bullets and caps and powder that would be very easy to buy online without more laws. Actually these could be made by the reloaders as well.
Reloading supplies gets 2.5 million hits.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:10 PM

202 posts, read 152,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
The first half of this statement is pure Bullcrap. You have been Waitzing with Matilda too much, stick with Ozs restricting firearms laws.You are clueless with USA laws.
Here it is again :

"There are as many guns as people in the US and anybody can buy one".

Which part are you contesting??

Old 03-06-2018, 10:55 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,894,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The unanswered question: What about all the illegal firearms in the hands of criminals across our country?

"Six people were killed and 22 others were wounded in shootings across Chicago over the weekend, including three people who ran onto a CTA bus after being shot and a man who was slain while riding in an Uber car, according to police.A 34-year-old man was riding in an Uber car on the South Side around 2:10 a.m. Monday when a tan car pulled along side in the 7400 block of South Stony Island Avenue and someone inside opened fire, police said. He was struck in the head and neck."

The attack was one of two fatal shootings that occurred in the city within two hours early Monday, police said.
The weekend’s first homicide happened Friday night when Kaprice Griffin was gunned down while sitting in a car in the South Deering neighborhood, police said."

"Three people were killed between Saturday and Sunday mornings in the Scottsdale, Altgeld Gardens and Gresham neighborhoods.

"On the Far South Side, 28-year-old Courvoisier L. M. Thurman was shot and killed around 8:50 p.m. Saturday while he was walking on the sidewalk in the Altgeld Gardens neighborhood.
Earlier Saturday on the West Side, two men and a woman were wounded when someone opened fire from another car in the 4000 block of West Van Buren Street in West Garfield Park, police said.
All three boarded a CTA bus before being taken to Stroger Hospital, officials said."

"So far this year, at least 297 people have been shot in Chicago, down from this time last year and 2016, years that saw record levels of gun violence. This year's shootings are above other recent years, according to data kept by the Chicago Tribune."

"There have been at least 63 homicides this year"

"So far this year, at least 297 people have been shot in Chicago, down from this time last year and 2016, years that saw record levels of gun violence. This year's shootings are above other recent years, according to data kept by the Chicago Tribune."

Weekend violence in Chicago: 6 killed, 22 wounded - Chicago Tribune
Please don't throw up Chicago data in a thread that exists because white young people in Parkland, FL met with untimely deaths from a white shooter!!! America wants an answer to the mass shootings that are taking place at the hands of white shooters of mostly white Americans. The only way a middle class white person not involved in criminal activity is going to end up shot to death is in the random mayhem of an accidental shooting or a premeditated mass shooting incident. Something that has a greater likelihood (1 in 110,000) than being hit by lightning (1 in 700,000). Good luck getting America to continue to ignore the mounting death toll of dead young Americans while the 2A remains sacrosanct. Seriously. Good luck with that. Oh, you've got a little time yet. But that time is running out and the stopwatch started with Parkland. And y'all's know it. This thread exists because y'all are terrified. You know that winds of change are ablowin'. Sadly though the response is to hunker down and pull the blanket of the 2A even tighter around your shoulders. Ill advised. Things are different and you know it. Why would you not try a different solution? There is a chance now, a moment, when some compromise could take place. Stick it out until America really has had it with gun and/or gun owners and things could get really ugly.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:47 PM

202 posts, read 152,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
...But that time is running out and the stopwatch started with Parkland. And y'all's know it. This thread exists because y'all are terrified. You know that winds of change are ablowin'. Sadly though the response is to hunker down and pull the blanket of the 2A even tighter around your shoulders. Ill advised. Things are different and you know it. Why would you not try a different solution? There is a chance now, a moment, when some compromise could take place. Stick it out until America really has had it with gun and/or gun owners and things could get really ugly.
The root of the problem needs to be tabled before anything can be done to correct it. Far more convenient to just sweep it back under the table.

Old 03-07-2018, 04:42 AM

58,684 posts, read 27,030,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Please don't throw up Chicago data in a thread that exists because white young people in Parkland, FL met with untimely deaths from a white shooter!!! America wants an answer to the mass shootings that are taking place at the hands of white shooters of mostly white Americans. The only way a middle class white person not involved in criminal activity is going to end up shot to death is in the random mayhem of an accidental shooting or a premeditated mass shooting incident. Something that has a greater likelihood (1 in 110,000) than being hit by lightning (1 in 700,000). Good luck getting America to continue to ignore the mounting death toll of dead young Americans while the 2A remains sacrosanct. Seriously. Good luck with that. Oh, you've got a little time yet. But that time is running out and the stopwatch started with Parkland. And y'all's know it. This thread exists because y'all are terrified. You know that winds of change are ablowin'. Sadly though the response is to hunker down and pull the blanket of the 2A even tighter around your shoulders. Ill advised. Things are different and you know it. Why would you not try a different solution? There is a chance now, a moment, when some compromise could take place. Stick it out until America really has had it with gun and/or gun owners and things could get really ugly.
As usual you attempt to hijack EVERY thread with your race card.

Nothing else worth reading from you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies