U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 03:22 PM

17,631 posts, read 11,060,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Q: Have you ever lied for President Trump?

{remembers all the times she told people, "He is in New Zealand on a skiing trip!" knowing that he was in his office but didn't want to be disturbed}

A: No doubt!

{rethinks the NBC offer...decides working at the White House is not worth all the harassment by the losers...}

Nice spin !!!!!!!! You, sir, have a place in the Trump administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 03:31 PM

4,942 posts, read 1,939,982 times
Sam Nunberg claims he got one of the subpoenas.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-doing/554906/

He seems pretty pissed about it...

He went on TV and said he wouldn't comply.

Im not going to cooperate! Why do I have to spend 80 hours going over my emails that Ive had with Steve Bannon and with Roger Stone? Nunberg asked NBC News reporter Katy Tur on Monday afternoon. Why does Bob Mueller need to see my emails when I send Roger and Steve clips and we talk about how much we hate people?

Old 03-05-2018, 07:57 PM

4,342 posts, read 800,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Not on the list is Kushner and anyone with the last name Trump.

However, all emails to or from these people are included in the subpeona.
Just Donald J Trump.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:01 PM

4,342 posts, read 800,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep, Hicks is in the frying pan here and is facing some serious problems. I see her as a young girl, very naive, who got caught up in something so foreign to her that she simply didn't know how to escape from it all.

The fact she admitted to lying shows that she is beginning to understand the gravity of this situation and is throwing herself onto the mercy of the "court". Since she was in Trumps inner circle, she knows all the dirt.
Um...greed...?,

Old 03-05-2018, 08:08 PM

4,968 posts, read 1,346,514 times
Quote:
"According to the subpoena, which was sent to a witness by special counsel Robert Mueller, investigators want emails, text messages, work papers, telephone logs and other documents going back to Nov. 1, 2015, 4 1/2 months after Trump launched his campaign."

Nine individual under court order to comply are:

Hope Hicks
Rick Gates
Paul Manafort
Carter Page
Michael Cohen
Roger Stone
Corey Lewandowski
Steve Bannon
Wow. Nine lines in the water. Now that's a major fishing expedition!

Tell me... does increasing the number of fishing lines, improve the chances of finding "collusion" when there isn't any?

Old 03-05-2018, 09:46 PM

17,631 posts, read 11,060,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Tell me... does increasing the number of fishing lines, improve the chances of finding "collusion" when there isn't any?

Or, conversely, it might improve the chances of finding collusion where it does exist.

See, it works both ways !

Old 03-05-2018, 10:28 PM

6,175 posts, read 3,490,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Mueller can subpoena the ham sandwich he had for lunch but it doesn't mean a thing. He's gone far beyond the scope of what this sham of an investigation was supposed to be, and he has nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

The liberals still cling to their faery tale pixie dust dreams because it's all they've got.

You dont know that.

Nobody knows what Mueller has...yet.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:38 PM

26,302 posts, read 12,757,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Dunno, but I bet its great for finding obstruction.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:02 PM

3,868 posts, read 2,701,660 times
On Feb 23 Rick Gates agreed to co-operate with Mueller. A week later these subpoenas were issued. Coincidence?

Old 03-05-2018, 11:38 PM

21,221 posts, read 14,233,135 times
Quote:
Keith Schiller, Trump's long time bodyguard, is an odd one to see on this list. Mueller must be after something very specific.

Schiller is the one that delivered Comey's termination letter version #2 and then curiously promptly resigned.

Also curious is that Schiller just received $75,000 to check security for 2020 convention sites. Hmm.? Sounds like a plum job to me.
It's no surprise Schiller quit. It's one thing to be a professional bodyguard for a private individual, but another for a President.

When Trump was first elected, he said he planned to continue to use his private security instead of the Secret Service. But by law, like it or not, The Secret Service has the job of protecting the President. Period. If they need help, they call in the Marines.

So Trump was soon disavowed of that notion, and it must have left Schiller in a quandry; was he going to stay as just another footman for his boss, or was he going to leave and find another job doing what he does best?

If I was Schiller- making very good money as a bodyguard- I know what I would do. I would try the new, lesser job out to see if I could put up with it, and if I couldn't, I would bail out ASAP.

Having Presidential security in my resume would be a good deal. I could expect an even better security job to come from that.

It's no surprise Mueller subpoenaed him. Schiller may know nothing about what happened behind closed doors, but he always knew who was in the room, where the room was, and when the meeting was.

So it's not odd at all. But it doesn't necessarily indict Trump in anything, as Schiller may not be able to connect the dots.

It's important to remember that Mueller is getting to the bottom of Russian interference in the 2016 election. He is not on a Trump hunt, but if Trump is found to be in cahoots, then Mueller will snag him. If only some of Trump's underlings and associates were involved without Trump's knowledge, then they will be the ones Mueller snags.

One thing is for sure. Mueller will get to the bottom of it. That's what he has done all his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or