Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 07:36 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
But government is to treat every individual equally. No one is to be special.

Government will never ever make everyone equal. It is not possible with individuals.
So you would rather homeless people on the street? Especially homeless children? Situations like these are often used when homeless shelters are occupied at full capacity. They’re not just handing things over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 08:45 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Check them for bed bugs and lice first. I'd hate to have the room afterward.
Not a problem -- they are taking over the Entire Hotel, just as they have 3 other Hotels in the area.
The "plan" is to house these homeless people in this Marriott chain hotel until 2023. There are reviews from just a week ago on Trip Advisor for this hotel - rates per night range between $120-$160.

Last summer, DHS began using the City View Inn — just around the block from the Fairfield Inn — as a shelter, before it claimed space in September inside the Best Western hotel at 38-05 Hunters Point Blvd. and the Quality Inn on Queens Boulevard in Woodside.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:55 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
I can imagine the condition of those hotels after 5 years. They'll need to gut, fumigate and completely remodel to make them usable by the public again.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
So you would rather homeless people on the street? Especially homeless children? Situations like these are often used when homeless shelters are occupied at full capacity. They’re not just handing things over.
How does that make them equal to me?

I would rather a homeless person have every opportunity to fend for themselves, how ever they choose.
Give a man a fish v. teaching a man to fish. I'm outta fish today, so I'm coming to get yours at the end of a gun.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I can imagine the condition of those hotels after 5 years. They'll need to gut, fumigate and completely remodel to make them usable by the public again.
Most Marriott and Hilton properties are franchises. They typically extract about 12% of gross sales as fees above and beyond the initial investment.

Each brand maintains strict standards for replacement of furnishings, carpeting, paint and so on. Mattresses, linens and carpeting have the shortest projected useful lifespans and require frequent replacement whether the owner wants to or not.

Fairfield is a " budget" accommodation that attracts tour buses and large groups. Have you ever seen what the highschool band from little town Iowa in for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade can do to a room in 5 days?

No question the owners of this property will no longer be a part of the Faitfield brand and are free to lease property as they see fit.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:

I would rather a homeless person have every opportunity to fend for themselves, how ever they choose.
Give a man a fish v. teaching a man to fish. I'm outta fish today, so I'm coming to get yours at the end of a gun.
That doesn’t really answer the question at all. Especially answering with another question.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:

That's obviously what is happening in LA and other communities throughout the US.

It's less costly for LA county to allow tens of thousands to live on the streets than to attempt to jail them all for loitering/ public nuisance.

Generally speaking, the masses are more comfortable when they do not have to bear wittness to homelessness.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
That doesn’t really answer the question at all. Especially answering with another question.
I'm outta fish, but I do have guns.
Let me see if you have more fish than you need... I'm hungry.
What question is there?
The strong always survive. The collective kills everyone.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I'm outta fish, but I do have guns.
Let me see if you have more fish than you need... I'm hungry.
What question is there?
The strong always survive. The collective kills everyone.
OK, so you’re OK with children living on the street. Got it

Old 03-05-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
OK, so you’re OK with children living on the street. Got it

Yes, if that is where their parent have chosen for them to live.
Who am I to deny them their destiny?
Life is cruel.

We are all equal the second we are born. From that point forward, no one is equal to anyone else.
Freedom & Liberty is ****ing scary. Those that cannot handle it responsibly, are culled quickly, and the strong of the species survives. Just as Mother Nature intended.
What we have today, is the unintended consequences of trying to fool Mother Nature.
The weak and the freaks are now allowed to pull down the strong. The species is struggling to not become extinct. Because it is for the children.

No one came to me and asked if I could put them to work and teach them to survive.

Yes. I am a cold blooded mother ******!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies