Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 02:36 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times

Advertisements

The entire entertainment industry from music to movies and tv are severely left leaning. Those at the top of that organization call the shots on what they will promote and what they will cut. Tim Allen is a prime example of what they do to those who aren't the same as them. This has been fact since the late 60'. Look up "Rural Purge". The Rural Purge was the very beginning of how wholesome family structured "entertainment" started to be removed from the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 02:37 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
This would work great, until the whiny little libs started losing acting gigs to conservatives. Then the lawsuits would begin.
I really don’t think we have to worry about that for the most part.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:40 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. You’re all still going to the movies, but you’re perpetrating a fraud on CD and pretending that you aren’t. About the only film I’m sure you all avoided was Black Panther.

Both brilliant actors whom I love. If James Woods stars in a film, I’ll pay double to see it.

I don’t care about their political leanings.

Nancy Kerrigan wasn’t a sweetheart either. She got cast into that role.

I Tonya was a brilliant movie.

You’re bragging about conservative talk radio?

Lol...that’s nowhere near as popular as it once was. It’s all played the eff out.

Republican talk radio is on its ass compared to what it was even 10 years ago.

I wouldn’t brag about that at this point.

Moreover, Hollywood ain’t toppling whatsoever. You’re all still going to the movies. I know better.
Of course you know better. Except you don't. I haven't been to a movie in years. Not since 2015 (just looked it up). I watch movies online, but 99% of them are foreign, as are 99% of the television I watch as well.

As for your disgusting accusation that conservatives are racist, the movie I do want to go see is Black Panther. Although I'm sure you'll find some racist accusation to make for the fact that a conservative does want to see it.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:42 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
We're too busy living a real life, we don't need to pretend we're important or that people like us.
Actually, they probably decided that selling their soul to the molesters isn't worth a career in entertainment.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:42 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
I love the Hollywood argument. It gets the conservative's panties in a bunch.

I work in the entertainment world for one of the premiere movie channels. I get a lot of insider news just from internal communications alone. Hollywood isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They are starting to purge their riff raff and there is a ton of consolidation. It is definitely a liberal industry but that doesn't mean it will stay that way. At the end of the day it is all about the dollar.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:44 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Hollywood is a business. The movies that are promoted are what sells. If it doesn't sell, it isn't going to be promoted.

Note that LGBTQ-themed movies don't go mainstream very often either. You have one every once and a while that does like Brokeback Mountain or the upcoming Love, Simon, but for the most part they are a niche genre just like Christian movies are.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:50 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
The entire entertainment industry from music to movies and tv are severely left leaning. Those at the top of that organization call the shots on what they will promote and what they will cut. Tim Allen is a prime example of what they do to those who aren't the same as them. This has been fact since the late 60'. Look up "Rural Purge". The Rural Purge was the very beginning of how wholesome family structured "entertainment" started to be removed from the public.
There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to stop a conservative group with money from setting up a production company and start shopping for scripts with a proper right-wing narrative.

The studios will provide every technical and logistics expert you can imagine, as long as the check clears. The production crew on "Atlas Shrugged" kept working, a gig's a gig and everybody has a few stinkers on their resume.

It's just that once you have a script with the proper right-wing ideology, it tends to not entertain very well.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:50 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
There are loads of movies and entertainment that cater to mostly conservative Americans. American Sniper is one example that immediately comes to mind. Conservatives hate Hollywood because they also make movies that cater to people with more liberal sensibilities, god forbid.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:53 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
There are loads of movies and entertainment that cater to mostly conservative Americans. American Sniper is one example that immediately comes to mind. Conservatives hate Hollywood because they also make movies that cater to people with more liberal sensibilities, god forbid.
You know that conservatives have suggested that Hollywood should be censored by the church so that only appropriate content is released. This is yet another example of how much conservatives hate the First Amendment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ8zbfV66Tc

Old 03-05-2018, 02:55 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I would think that the audience would be there based on the Hollywood hatred here.
Missed this bit. Thing is, entertainment has to sell on being entertaining. Selling on what you're not ("We're not Hollywood!") appeals to very, very few people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies