Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 09:43 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Parents, raise your children properly and teach your children to obey the laws and NOT to commit murder!

Why is that so damn hard? .
You think killers don't know killing is illegal? Of course they know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 09:48 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
Parents, raise your children properly and teach your children to obey the laws and NOT to commit murder!

Why is that so damn hard?

I am so tired of people blaming others for their own problems.
I think everyone agrees with you.

But the first problem is that is not happening now for millions of children. Millions of children are growing up in a one parent household is overwhelmed. Or they are with parents who are drug addicts or just don't care. Other children go to bed hungry every night.

Then there are children growing up in what should be stable home but the parents are raising them in some questionable ways. I am not just talking about a liberal versus conservative upbringing, I am talking about some questionable decisions that need to be questioned.

And one of those questionable decisions is to those who maintain a virtual gun arsenal in their house which an adolescent boy or youth might have easy access to without adult supervision.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Unfortunately its not that easy. for instance, if a govt was tyrannical, would you really want to teach your kids to obey and be subservient? Of course not.
That has nothing to do with raising your children to respect the lives and property of others.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:50 AM

736 posts, read 353,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If the only way you know of to "teach" a child is to hit him you are doing something wrong. You don't teach a kid not to be violent by using violence.

OP, do you advocate raising children in caves with no access to the outside world? Because that's the only way your "method" would work.
There is no single solution that solves all problems. Spanking is a discipline tool. Another method is to put the child on the board and have him or her write a repeating sentence. In modern America, such a teacher would get punished by the school for humiliating the student. I wouldn't call that humiliation, but teaching the student to feel shame for his or her actions.

The parents themselves don't feel shame and instead complain to the school even when the student behaved inappropriate. That is the problem with the current school system. In Japan, a student who misbehaves brings great shame to the parents. It doesn't' matter if the parents of the bad bad student are wealthy or poor.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:43 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
While it would be nice to be able to 'wish away' mental illness, that's not possible.
Virtually all diseases are progressive, certainly the mental illness.

Should the parents care enough about their children and monitor their progress, they wouldn't let them just "become" violent.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:

I eagerly await your discovery that easing healthcare issues will be as easy as telling parents to raise their kids to never contract expensive to treat diseases.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:45 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I think everyone agrees with you.

But the first problem is that is not happening now for millions of children. Millions of children are growing up in a one parent household is overwhelmed. Or they are with parents who are drug addicts or just don't care. Other children go to bed hungry every night.

Then there are children growing up in what should be stable home but the parents are raising them in some questionable ways. I am not just talking about a liberal versus conservative upbringing, I am talking about some questionable decisions that need to be questioned.
Losing the traditional family value has a huge impact on children. Divorce and re-marry are among the worst.

Please name one mass killer who's raised from a family with loving parents who did through gazillion times of divorces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
And one of those questionable decisions is to those who maintain a virtual gun arsenal in their house which an adolescent boy or youth might have easy access to without adult supervision.
This is already illegal.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:05 PM

58 posts, read 95,690 times
I'm not sure it can be solved. Teachers can't/ don't hold students accountable, school administration will not hold parents accountable, Trophy awarded just for showing up, constant exposure to violent video games, lazy with an eager willingness to suck off the teat of the taxpayers, medication/excuse for every and any behavior, I'm offended by........ so the world must change for me.

Multi generation now of never knowing "NO".

Old 03-05-2018, 12:08 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:

So, your children have never committed any crime? Major or minor?

Old 03-05-2018, 12:14 PM

25,568 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:

You think that's the problem?

You think Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock's mama, who wants all of her sons assets to go to his victims, didn't teach him the basics? That she should be held responsible and sent to prison?

That's pretty bizarre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies