U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 07:03 PM

9,764 posts, read 3,180,246 times

Advertisements

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABCPoliti...15654057676800

Hes not the only one. Many Dem politicians have flat out said it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 07:05 PM

18,690 posts, read 9,653,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/ABCPoliti...15654057676800

Hes not the only one. Many Dem politicians have flat out said it
It will work for the extreme fringe Democrats and will continue the trend of losing power for the Left....so I say let them continue.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:11 PM

9,440 posts, read 5,832,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It will work for the extreme fringe Democrats and will continue the trend of losing power for the Left....so I say let them continue.
Exactly, it will fire up their rabid base but will probably turn off more independents than it will bring in.

Liberal politicians can't tell the difference between the NRA and actual terrorists and they expect people to vote for them to lead the country? I guess the left has given so much money to terrorists over the years they think they're the good guys and anyone who opposes them are terrorist.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:29 PM

5,341 posts, read 2,007,664 times
It's a losing strategy because it fails the political congruency test.

What I mean by that is that the strategy outs itself as fatally scandalous when it is applied to other political advocacy organizations.

In general, applying a McCarthyite accusation to political advocacy organizations is not done in this nation; and for good reason.

What those organizations represent is a process of politically amplifying free political speech, which is a first amendment right.

Thus, the most accurate characterization of labeling the NRA a "terrorist organization" is that its accusers are very directly labeling gun rights advocates terrorists.

If you still think that this strategy is valid and not democratically dangerous, then merely apply it to any political advocacy organization that you agree with but which can speciously or realistically be politically tied in with human deaths.

Planned parenthood? Terrorist organization.

AIPAC? Terrorist organization.

Industrial lobbyists? Terrorist organizations.

Increasing-the-minimum-wage advocates? Terrorist organizations.

Open borders advocates? Terrorist organizations.

etc, etc...

Old 03-08-2018, 07:32 PM

1,621 posts, read 834,043 times
I would not ever think that the NRA is a terrorist organization, but the one thing I have never liked about the NRA, is give me more money, despite the fact I just joined and gave your more money.

At least with creditor's if you are behind on your bills and give them some money, they shut up. I know the NRA and a few other organization's are the only ones fighting the Anti-Gun crowd legally, but I work damn hard for my money, I have enough paycheck to cover my bills, and sometimes a little bit more paycheck. But sometimes if feels like the NRA are like hungry wolves on the hunt for fresh meat when you give them money.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Status: "North of Palm Trees, South of High Taxes" (set 19 days ago)

5,636 posts, read 6,711,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I would not ever think that the NRA is a terrorist organization, but the one thing I have never liked about the NRA, is give me more money, despite the fact I just joined and gave your more money.

At least with creditor's if you are behind on your bills and give them some money, they shut up. I know the NRA and a few other organization's are the only ones fighting the Anti-Gun crowd legally, but I work damn hard for my money, I have enough paycheck to cover my bills, and sometimes a little bit more paycheck. But sometimes if feels like the NRA are like hungry wolves on the hunt for fresh meat when you give them money.
You mean they're more annoying than the PBS beg-a-thons!

Old 03-08-2018, 07:40 PM

5,341 posts, read 2,007,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post

Most orgs do that. Its standard fundraising procedure to hit up previous donors / members. Just remind them of your membership, ask them not to call or write, and go about your day feeling good about your contribution. At least that's my take on it.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:42 PM

18,108 posts, read 8,972,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
You mean they're more annoying than the PBS beg-a-thons!
Yes, they are. Good analogy. However, when I asked them to stop they stopped.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:43 PM

25,927 posts, read 39,232,732 times
Democrats will loose anyway so it doesn’t matter.

Democrats run on DACA and then left them hanging out to be abandoned by the same democrats when democrats used a shooting for their gun propaganda.

Democrats are like the Titanic!

Old 03-08-2018, 07:44 PM

1,621 posts, read 834,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, they are. Good analogy. However, when I asked them to stop they stopped.

I will have to keep that in mind, most of the time, I just throw out their advertisements, and when almost anyone calls they get the answering machine especially when I am home. If it is important enough they will leave a message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or