Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 08:21 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That this dishonesty has virtually nothing to do with the Trump campaign colluding with Russian state actors indicates that Mueller has hit nothing but dry holes.
Can I quote you on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 08:23 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
TRANSLATION:

The big nothing burger might finally be coming to an end. Then the left will have to move on to another conspiracy theory.
Yes that is a common ploy used by prosecutors, if defense allows an interview they agree to end the investigation.

What world do Trump supporters live, are the skies always blue.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:42 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes that is a common ploy used by prosecutors, if defense allows an interview they agree to end the investigation.

What world do Trump supporters live, are the skies always blue.
If there was a smoking gun to Russian collusion, then that would be all over the news by now. The world would know about it. Somebody would produce hard evidence of exactly how Trump colluded with Russia to get himself elected.

But all we hear about is this future bogeyman that is supposed to rear its head at any moment from an ongoing fishing expedition. Not very convincing.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:58 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Yeah, Trump's legal team's got so much leverage they are looking to hire Clinton's impeachment lawyer. LOL!

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/tru...nquiry-report/
Isn't it interesting that when Trump wants news like this to get out, he and his inner circle leak it either to the "failing" NY Times or WaPo.

Trump is worried about impeachment? But, but, but, he keeps saying he hasn't done anything. Guess he's lying again.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:21 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Russia may have very well helped Trump. With that said, I doubt the Trump campaign orchestrated it, and it's such a witch hunt that I no longer care.

I am seriously interested in your opinion about Flynn asking for immunity early on and claiming that he had quite a story to tell. Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude, but why do you think this is a witch hunt? Even that idiot Nunberg said that he doesn't believe that this is a witch hunt, and he's about as pro Trump as you can get. Then we have Don Jr's I love it email. Honestly, talk to me because I just do not understand where you're coming from and I really want to.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:27 AM

35,065 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
What a JOKE. Notice how differently Republicans are about this as opposed to the way they treated Clinton? Let Mueller get through everything and when it's all pretty much done, interview Trump last. Then indict Trump as the way to "end" it.
This is a novel kind of crime investigation. It's an investigation in search of a crime, not an investigation of a crime. Crucial difference.

This kind of investigation could go on forever since they may well not find a crime.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:20 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
If there was a smoking gun to Russian collusion, then that would be all over the news by now. The world would know about it. Somebody would produce hard evidence of exactly how Trump colluded with Russia to get himself elected.

But all we hear about is this future bogeyman that is supposed to rear its head at any moment from an ongoing fishing expedition. Not very convincing.
This investigation was not about Trump, he made it about himself with the firing of Comey and his constant comments and threats. The real investigation is about the Russian intervention in our election not Trump but he seems totally disinterested. A normal president would be supporting this investigation rather than running around claiming innocence.

I don't really care if this ends up back on him but his surrounding cast is certainly offering some revealing facts. If nothing else exposing these corrupt individuals and the Skadden Law firm has been positive.

Old 03-11-2018, 04:32 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:

It's interesting the verbal gymnastics that some take her to convince themselves that Trump is in the clear. Me? I don't know what's going to happen anymore than anyone else does. Trump may get a total walk on tis and be cleared. He may also do the Nixon walk to the helicopter one last time, too. No one knows. It doesn't seem like Trump's lawyers wuld be asking for s it down with Mueller if Mueller promises to end the investigation if they thought their client was 100% innocent.

From what I have seen, Mueller seems to be doing a methodical investigation and keeping everything close to his vest. My hunch is that when the investigation is really over, we're going to see the fruits of his labors and realize he was doing tings like he saw fit and not for anyone else.

I could, of course, be wrong.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:14 PM

37,196 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL! That is called, Making a Deal With The Devil.
The FBI can lie to get what they want.
Donald Trump will never ever speak to Mueller or anyone from the FBI.
What does he know that Nixon and Bill Clinton didn't? Clue us in.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:19 PM

37,196 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL This is just Watergate except much worse. And Nixon supporters sound just like you. And look what happened to him.
This is Watergate with treason instead of burlary. And yes, the Greek chorus of melting snowflakes whining about the investigation know full well that Mueller has the goods on Donnie, and is just trying to get all the stragglers lined up before he drops the trap door.

He may leave Pence in place rather than completely hollow out the White House, but Pence will be so weakened by everyone around him being indicted that he will never recover enough to be anywhere close to effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies