Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2018, 01:59 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
That's all in your head, not an actual rule.
Plus the parade doesn't show America's best weapons, doesn't even show tanks.
It is unnecessary. Period

I don't think special force guys (not saying they are the best, just example) want to act like high school cheerleaders. lol

At least the veterans I know don't support this.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-10-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 02:01 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
No tanks ? but those are really cool. I think DC needs tougher roads so we can have tanks in the parade.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
No tanks ? but those are really cool. I think DC needs tougher roads so we can have tanks in the parade.
If you want to see tanks, join the Army and ask to be in the Armor Corps. Then you can play with all the tanks you want.

Or better yet, take your family to Ft Knox, Kentucky and visit the Armor Corps museum.

That, or go buy some toy tanks at Walmart’s toy section.

The United States Army’s Armor Corps is a serious outfit...not for dog and pony shows.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:56 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Likely the tanks would really cause problems with the streets in downtown DC. And given their traffic, that is the last thing they need.

If you want to see something cool, you ought to see the tanks firing at night. That is something else. I was stationed at Ft Knox for a few months and saw a couple of night exercises while there.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:42 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The democrats give billions of dollars to illegals ,Uncle Sam pays for their cost of living bills, as the illegals use their paycheck to buy their 65k trucks. So quit the crying about the cost.

This parade is long overdue. Recognition of our dedicated men and women who serve this country with the ultimate sacrifice on the line to keep us from destruction.
Don't we have Memorial Day and Veterans Day, lots of parade goes here where I am. And I was one of those dedicated men, I spent a year in the Iraq. Yes, I volunteer and freely gave of myself to serve this great land of ours.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Don't we have Memorial Day and Veterans Day, lots of parade goes here where I am. And I was one of those dedicated men, I spent a year in the Iraq. Yes, I volunteer and freely gave of myself to serve this great land of ours.
Your opinion of parades doesn’t count...only Trump’s does.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:57 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,238,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Your opinion of parades doesn’t count...only Trump’s does.
Oh No .... we have a Czar Putin and Czar Trump too then to deal with. and hopes for a Presidency for life too.....

Old 03-10-2018, 08:54 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Amazing isn't it? Considering that tanks have very low ground pressure so they can get across soft sand and mud. Not to mention that they have rubber pads on the tracks to avoid pavement damage. Too bad, a formation of Abrams would be cool to see.

We get to see a display of airpower and the professionalism of our airmen and women at air shows with the Blue Angles and Thunderbirds. It's a shame we don't get to see the same with our armored troops.
Why do you care. You don't live in DC so you would just watch it on TV. You can also watch the news and see our armored troops in action....and not on display for the enjoyment of our president.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:36 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Drug addled, prostitute chasing morons get a parade because they win the Super Bowl. Why shouldn’t soldiers?

Old 03-10-2018, 09:52 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Drug addled, prostitute chasing morons get a parade because they win the Super Bowl. Why shouldn’t soldiers?
Because soldiers don't care. This is all for the benefit of Trump and his ego. Instead of wasting our money on this parade, how about we actually do more for our vets when they come home. They need jobs. And many can't even work because of disabilities they sustained. Many have brain injuries and many suffer from PTSD. They need help and their families need help. How about we spend the money on them and not some stupid parade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies