Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 11:57 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

The Rank and file service member wants to get up in the morning, do some PT to sweat out last night's fumes, hit the chow hall, report for duty, carry out the plan of the day, go home, and possibly imbibe in more of those fumes. A parade like this would be a huge hassle!!

I agree with DD, (desertdetroiter) and several others. I am a little disappointed with Mad Dog Mattis. Oh, General Mattis, what are you thinking? Trump is being Trump, but you need to say something about it.

You sweat under the layer of heavy starch holding your uniform in place, all the while maintaining your military bearing. Then you get to march for a few miles. Doesn't that sound like a blast? You want to honor a vet or a service member? Buy him a beer and don't waste his department's budget and combat effectiveness on bull****.

Buy him a beer, buy him a beer, buy him a beer.

This is one time I cannot say Liberals are wrong.

Trump said, "Iraq is a big fat mistake." We count on him to bring troops home, we count on him for not starting a new ridiculous war. I support trade war and I also support tougher immigration law. I haven't lost hope, but I certainly am losing a little bit patience.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 03-11-2018 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 12:10 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
A Veteran's Day Parade disrespects veterans? Keep telling yourself that bud. Watching Trump troll the left is priceless.

I can't wait for the demonstrations against the Veteran's Day parade being promised online. If there's a God, please, please, please, let these extremists jump in front of the parade route and block it as they've promised to do on twitter.

Nothing says to moderate, swing voters in states like Pennsylvania & Ohio "Vote Democrat", like attacking veterans & the steel industry.
We will see how that works Tuesday night in that special election.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:11 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Not a deflection. It just shows the utter hypocrisy of the Left. I think a parade honoring or Vets is great. Obama doubled our debt for union paybacks, and crony corporate handouts, yet the Left is OK with that.
The parade IS NOT for vets. The parade is to entertain and feed Trump’s ego.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:12 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
This surely sounds like more of a North Korea thing than an America thing.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The parade IS NOT for vets. The parade is to entertain and feed Trump’s ego.

The right knows this but won't admit to it.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The right knows this but won't admit to it.
I will admit to it. :P I just dont believe we need to defend every damned thing trump says or does.

That wall Mexicans will pay? I know it is not going to happen

Now, the military parade? Oh brother!

Old 03-11-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
Having spent 20 plus years on M60, M60A1, M60A3, XM-1, M1, M1IP and M1A1 tanks, you have no clue what you are talking about. Tanks destroy asphalt when they turn, track pads or no track pads.
Thank you

Old 03-11-2018, 12:17 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
I haven't talked to one service member or vet that is gung ho about this. The general reaction has seemed to be eye rolls and that it's more of a PITA than anything.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I haven't talked to one service member or vet that is gung ho about this. The general reaction has seemed to be eye rolls and that it's more of a PITA than anything.
yeah I haven't either. Many voted for Trump.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Let's not make this another liberal vs conservative thread, shall we? We have fought enough. I know both liberals and conservatives, both Trump supporters and Trump haters are against this very idea of military parade.

I am against it because There is no other objective for this military parade. Traditionally, the US does not go in for this sort of thing.

unless a military parade is to celebrate victory in war, like World War II or the Gulf War, or just something along with bands and a few pieces of hardware in a traditional parade or local parade—we don’t do this, because it is a sign of weakness, not strength. This parade would degrade us, and show the appalling weakness of our leader, who really just wants to show off the size of his missile.

Look at the countries who do such a thing, Example: Russians and Chinese. They show a lot of insecurities, not confidence.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies