Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 07:38 PM

26,754 posts, read 22,510,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Having been denied services by bigots in the past I don't have to imagine either how I would feel or react - I know. I would be grateful I did not give any of my money to such a narrow minded human, I would never cross the threshold of their business again, I would do everything in my power spread the word about their bigoted behavior, and I would reward a more open minded owner with my business. I would not sue them and I would not let their issue become mine, I would let it go and trust karma to do its thing.

If the biggest day of your life can be ruined by a particular person not wishing to participate in it, it never was that great of a day to begin with.

I spent a large portion of my childhood in the segregated South. You better believe I rather go down the street than hand my money to some idiot who might spit in something I planned to eat.

Sorry, can't give you another rep for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 08:13 PM

900 posts, read 375,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This one may serve a different purpose. Remember, the Supreme Court is currently deciding on the fining of the Colorado baker and this may be an attempt to send a message to the court that should they rule against the baker legislative countermeasures will be taken. This isn't like trying to pass such a bill in 2015 when Obama would be waiting for it to hit his desk with the veto stamp in his hand. There is no telling what Trump's response would be, but they are probably correct in gambling that he'd sign it.
they would have to convince the 51 Republican senators including the Nevada Republican Vulnerable ... the liberal Republican Senator from Maine, among others, I have no worries about the bill, I do not think it is very forthcoming for pass.

one day america will be regretting all this religious freedom ... and it's not too far away when our society has 5 percent of the islamic population, things really have turned ugly around here ... I hope I'm not alive to see this tragic time .

Old 03-10-2018, 08:35 PM

35,043 posts, read 31,233,730 times
For every business that turns away an LGBT client, there are many more that will see only one color - green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies