Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 08:02 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times

Advertisements

Maybe we should give the OP some credit. Maybe he thinks Kushner is actually undercover just pretending to be a shady real estate broker. Like on Miami Vice, except less cool and hip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 08:04 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Was thinking this had to be satire.

Kushner is using his fil ' s position to secure loans for him and his family's huge real estate debts. They're going to other countries to sell visas. They're punishing Qatar with a military blockade for not lending Jared ' s ex-con daddy money. They're negotiating with Russian banks with US sanctions on them for loans.

I can't believe they haven't locked this guy and his family up yet. What a bunch of grifters. The demons must have all danced the night Jared and Ivanka met. A match made in Hell.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:10 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
So basically he is a spy for Trump.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:17 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Maybe we should give the OP some credit. Maybe he thinks Kushner is actually undercover just pretending to be a shady real estate broker. Like on Miami Vice, except less cool and hip.
Lol...while you libs keep thoughtlessly parroting anti-Kushner screeds from Daily Kos and Slate, Kushner has become Trump's most effective behind the scenes man.

Let's not beat around the bush here, Jared Kushner is proudly Jewish, and many of you liberals are deeply anti-Semitic and so are many of the blogs and sites you folks visit. Plus a lot of you can't stand that Trump has a solid effective presidency in motion and Jared Kushner is one of the reasons.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From the ME to Mexico to DC, Jared Kushner has turned into one of Trump's most effective and trusted tools, and the DC swamp knows it...which explains all the negative stories you libs have been posting here.

From CNN -

President Donald Trump set out to drain the Washington swamp, and perhaps no one has aided him more effectively than senior adviser Jared Kushner.

As Kushner continues to make government accountable to the people, the Washington swamp -- including the media and DC bureaucracy -- has retaliated with a Kushner takedown effort, hiding or downplaying his accomplishments while engaging in character assassination.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/opini...ion/index.html
I am unaware of any Kushner accomplishment. What have I missed?

Steve Bannon blamed Jared and Ivanka for every bad decision made in the West Wing.

Both have TEMPORARILY divested themselves of Kushner Family Business interests and Trump Org. Both enterprises need constant infusions of foreign cash.

It is impossible for these two to avoid perceptions of conflicts of interest. Being senior advisors to POTUS only serves to increase such perceptions.

WSJ, owned by long time Kushner mentor, Rupert Murdoch, has twice implored these two to pack it up and return to NY.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:32 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lol...while you libs keep thoughtlessly parroting anti-Kushner screeds from Daily Kos and Slate, Kushner has become Trump's most effective behind the scenes man.

Let's not beat around the bush here, Jared Kushner is proudly Jewish, and many of you liberals are deeply anti-Semitic and so are many of the blogs and sites you folks visit. Plus a lot of you can't stand that Trump has a solid effective presidency in motion and Jared Kushner is one of the reasons.
Thanks for the laugh. Humor builds bridges. LOL

Old 03-10-2018, 09:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
This is a joke right?

Nobody knows anything Kushner has done but take meetings.

Are we that simple minded that taking a meeting is seen as being productive?

Wow.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:40 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Do you understand that shady real estate dealings aren't good preparation for high level international diplomacy?

Just sayin'...

What I know from personal experience is that if you are in real estate, whether it is shady or legitimate, if you do not carry substantial debt, then you are not maximizing your returns.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
When you guys post stuff like this, I never know when you guys are being disingenuous or if you just don’t understand how the real estate business works.
Oh, both my Dad and I have been in parts of that biz for over 50 years.

Here, in case you don't know, is how it works.

A smart investor could have seen the recession coming in 2005. Instead, Jared bought a "behind the times" building at sky high prices and (obviously) temporary or high interest loans. He therefore has a lot of vacancies - even in boom times - and cannot sell the building for a profit nor make the interest payment.

Do you have some magically formula which says "buy, buy, buy" at the height of the biggest foreclosure crisis this country has ever seen?

Since I am semi-retired, I have only bought two properties since that time, but my son bought about five. There is not a single one what we didn't get a bargain (or at least a far lower price than 2005/2006 numbers) on.

School me. Does Buffet have problems paying off his loans?

Maybe you'd rather use Jared's FIL as an example - who bought up much of Atlantic City, went bankrupt multiple times because of it, and then left it a complete wasteland (even after ripping off thousands of people and taxpayers).

Is that your idea of good business?

Old 03-10-2018, 09:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What I know from personal experience is that if you are in real estate, whether it is shady or legitimate, if you do not carry substantial debt, then you are not maximizing your returns.
Ah, just like Wall Street leveraging CDO's to the max. I get it. Make millions of other people default whilst you somehow hide behind lawyers and shell corporations...is that the right idea now?

Throw aside the borrowing (I make big money off an ETF that lends money to large commercial projects.....if it's such a good idea for the borrower, I wonder why the lender pays 10% or more to me)..... and go to the meat of the matter.

Everyone agrees that you don't bet the Farm on anything- especially a Dog Property. Yet he did. If it wasn't for unsavory and possibly illegal acts, he'd go belly-up.

Sorry to point this out, but those who bought property at the peak of the run-up were either stupid, ignorant or sold a bill of goods by crooked lenders, appraisers, etc.
Since we know Kushner could not have been the later, we can just say stupid.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...y-empire-trump

It smells...a lot....selling citizenships to the Chinese in order to attempt to sell Real Estate.

Swamp Thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies