Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 03:17 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,632,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Heart disease? Easy solution. BAN HEARTS!
That's too severe. Let's just register them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 03:20 PM

50,068 posts, read 46,618,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username00 View Post
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US, with an average of 614,348 people dying of it annually. With 323 million people in the US, that equates to only 0.0019% of the population. So by your **** poor logic, it must be no big deal at all? Over a million people die of it every year but **** em because we can convert it into a percentage, making it seem like a microscopic number.
Spend the rest of your life wringing your hands over it. No one cares. oh and...************

Old 03-10-2018, 03:24 PM

8,322 posts, read 4,295,531 times
Ban donuts

Old 03-10-2018, 03:28 PM

25,747 posts, read 16,362,928 times
Heart Disease is the grim reaper. We get older, we do less physical work and stress about our children and grandchildren. What a life

Old 03-10-2018, 03:32 PM

36,926 posts, read 18,791,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
4 of my friends were killed in 1 felled swoop at the hands of a drunk driver the night after highschool graduation coming home from a concert.

They had 0 control over a drunk missing a turn and hitting them at over 80mph...
Physics, booze, and 1 drunk won that night.
I didnt, and dont, hold Ford accountable with the logic of nobody needs an Excursion capable of high speed.
I didn't hold VW accountable for making the GTI (a compact hatchback) incapable of protecting the passengers...
Nor do I hold contempt for Budweiser or hold them accountable.
That drunk on the other hand...

With a gunman, if you yourself are armed you have a chance to defend yourself.

Astonishing the attitude of this country has gone from land of the free home of brave, to land of the feeble, home of the nanny state advocates...
You have a chance, except against the advantage of the element of surprise, which the shooter always has.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Pr...385784431.html

Old 03-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Status: "Repub's IVF ruling is anti-family and anti-America" (set 8 days ago)

5,783 posts, read 3,565,940 times
With fewer guns, we all could be six thousand times more likely to die from heart disease than with a gun. Got it?

Old 03-10-2018, 03:41 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,423,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Massacres are the least of our problems.

Got it?
Really? So those kids who died in Florida don't mean crap?

These threads are really stupid. As if we can only care about the leading cause of death and nothing else. I wonder if high school kids are more likely to die from heart disease than being murdered by a gun? Actually, I wonder why the gun nuts are so scared about having their guns confiscated that they're taking stupid talking points from others on the web?

Keep your guns, nut jobs! We're trying to make sure the next mass shooter can't get their own guns.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:41 PM

25,406 posts, read 9,689,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yep. Getting murdered with a gun doesn't even come close to the top ten causes of death.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929.php
And your point is?

Old 03-10-2018, 03:45 PM

25,747 posts, read 16,362,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
With fewer guns, we all could be six thousand times more likely to die from heart disease than with a gun. Got it?
Seems you only care about me if I get shot but not if I have a heart attack.

Got it?

Old 03-10-2018, 03:47 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,423,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
4 of my friends were killed in 1 felled swoop at the hands of a drunk driver the night after highschool graduation coming home from a concert.

They had 0 control over a drunk missing a turn and hitting them at over 80mph...
Physics, booze, and 1 drunk won that night.
I didnt, and dont, hold Ford accountable with the logic of nobody needs an Excursion capable of high speed.
I didn't hold VW accountable for making the GTI (a compact hatchback) incapable of protecting the passengers...
Nor do I hold contempt for Budweiser or hold them accountable.
That drunk on the other hand...

With a gunman, if you yourself are armed you have a chance to defend yourself.

Astonishing the attitude of this country has gone from land of the free home of brave, to land of the feeble, home of the nanny state advocates...
I'm sorry for your loss. If the drunk survived, I hope he never sees the light of day again. Your analogy isn't exactly correct though. In some cases, a bartender or a club has been found partly at fault if they kept surviving a drunk guy.

As we have been told over and over, alcohol is regulating. You can't legally buy it until you're 21. If a store sold it to the driver without carding him, they can be found partly liable.

So alcohol is regulated. All we want is more regulations on guns as well as existing regulations enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies