Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 03:25 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. Bernie lost the democratic primary by more than 3 million votes, no one rigged anything
Wow, that was a whoppa. Mega whoppa.

This is all documented, not speculation, yet here you are utterly lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 03:27 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Elizabeth Warren Says She Approves of the President's Tariff Plan

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Sunday that she approves of President Trump's move to bring tariffs into the trade conversation.

Why it matters: It's a reminder that Trump is closer to the left wing of the Democratic Party on trade than he is to mainstream Republicans like Paul Ryan.

----

Remember too: The President's tariff plan comes from his adviser Peter Navarro. Navarro is a Democrat who Hilary Clinton supported in his (failed) run for Congress.

It is funny how so many here seem to "hate" all Democrats but don't have a problem with the President who is toeing the line with Democrats on trade.
I think the President is on shaky ground with thee tariffs but this is what he campaigned on doing and he was elected. Yes, he is in line with many Democrats on this issue. I will say that the President has earned a certain level of trust so I trust him more than I would a Democrat on this and other issues that I may disagree with him on.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Wow Granny Warren is actually given Trump a thumbs up! What's next Cats and Dogs living together ?

She is so anti Trump that she borders on the crazy scale right next to Maxine Waters...

The bigger question is why do we need to pick sides down the Right or Left of the political aisle.

Obama was clearly a Lefty all the way.
I say we need a President that can walk the aisle of Congress and shake hands with everyone.
There has to be a balance for a better America.

Imagine if the Dems and the Lefty media would stop trashing Trump at every turn how public opinion would turn for the better.

Imagine if Trump really does Make America Great Again and doing so requires a team effort.

I think it is great that Elizabeth Warren is big enough to agree on something that Trump is doing that might actually be a positive for America.
I find this whole narrative funny.

Trump actually does something for the unions and the CNN title is "Trump hurts friends and helps enemies".

I read that and was like "WTF".

How freankin' divisive is that?

I have never voted for Trump and feel he will be a 1 term pres. but wow.

The important thing to note here is that THERE IS ALREADY A TRADE WAR. We've just not been fighting back. I mean wow, do I have to even produce the Obama era (I voted for him and think he did a decent job) quotes about things like oh...Currency manipulation and dumping?

Frankly, this is a tenuous time in China with all their big changes in government. Arguably a good time to put the screws to them because they've got way more to lose in a trade war right now.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think the President is on shaky ground with thee tariffs but this is what he campaigned on doing and he was elected. Yes, he is in line with many Democrats on this issue. I will say that the President has earned a certain level of trust so I trust him more than I would a Democrat on this and other issues that I may disagree with him on.
The repubs have long complained of unfair trade. Correct?

If you agree with that statement, how would you seek to rectify that?

Old 03-11-2018, 03:35 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,334,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Propaganda media fails to mention that there will be no tax on foreign companies who build factories here and hire Americans.

That's why you people need to watch the videos on youtube's White House channel where you can see the same as these propagandists aka media do, who then spin it negatively or totally ignore. Then make up your own mind.
Do you mean in connection with these metals tariffs? There NEVER is a tax (tariff) on products manufactured by foreign-owned companies that are sold in the US. The products are not entered through a US port nor processed by Customs.

That's why when you buy a Japanese Honda it probably is manufactured in the United States, although a couple models come from a Mexican location. (The relatively few that come from Japan incorporate technology not yet available in US plants.)

If the White House channel is trying to play tariff-free status as some sort of benefit special to a Trump proposal then you're being played. What is probably meant is that NEW companies that come here will enjoy the same status as any other foreign-owned company.

Sure, of course. No propaganda for not playing that up for it's a pie-in-the sky for these particular steel national security tariffs.

Per another poster's question ... why would any company invest solely because of a tariff that is on shaky legal grounds and could well be overturned. That's not how companies do business. Plus for *steel*? No one is building a new integrated steel mill in the US for it's old technology.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:37 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
everybody knows that the NAFTA agreement and other trade deals with China are bad for the American working class. Trump is doing what he said he was going to do, renegotiate NAFTA and all those bad trade deals or those countries will be paying tariffs....it's a tactic to get those countries to renegotiate because they are not going to do it on a voluntary basis since they are getting the better part of the deal.

It was Bill Clinton that signed that into law and W Bush and Obama for 16 years didn't do a damn thing about it but to double down and expand it. Obama in 2007/2008 ran on his campaign that he would renegotiate NAFTA and a bunch of trade deals and he was a fraud, Not only he backed NAFTA, he wanted to expand with TPP.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:42 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The repubs have long complained of unfair trade. Correct?

If you agree with that statement, how would you seek to rectify that?
I would put tariffs on foreign countries similar to the tariffs they put on our goods.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I find this whole narrative funny.

Trump actually does something for the unions and the CNN title is "Trump hurts friends and helps enemies".

I read that and was like "WTF".

How freankin' divisive is that?

I have never voted for Trump and feel he will be a 1 term pres. but wow.

The important thing to note here is that THERE IS ALREADY A TRADE WAR. We've just not been fighting back. I mean wow, do I have to even produce the Obama era (I voted for him and think he did a decent job) quotes about things like oh...Currency manipulation and dumping?

Frankly, this is a tenuous time in China with all their big changes in government. Arguably a good time to put the screws to them because they've got way more to lose in a trade war right now.

Obama did a decent job? not only he ignored NAFTA and all of the other bad trade deals which he ran against in 2007/2008 but he wanted to expand globalism with TPP.

at least Trump is keeping his promise and putting tarrifs on countries to force them to come to the table and renegociate these bad trade deals that are killing our working class that Obama ignored for 8 years.

CNN is a joke....they are part of the resistance and an arm of the Democrat party.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:51 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,835,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

Why it matters: It's a reminder that Trump is closer to the left wing of the Democratic Party on trade than he is to mainstream Republicans like Paul Ryan.
Of course he is. The key word in your post is "reminder." Some of us have always known that Trump is a (wannabe) New York liberal elite. The problem is he's one of the worst kind. He exemplifies everything his base loathes (and everything the New York liberal establishment also loathes), but he conned them into believing that he cares about their issues.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Of course he is. The key word in your post is "reminder." Some of us have always known that Trump is a (wannabe) New York liberal elite. The problem is he's one of the worst kind. He exemplifies everything his base loathes (and everything the New York liberal establishment also loathes), but he conned them into believing that he cares about their issues.

you are mistaken for Obama.....Obama did fool many people including many liberals with his foreign policy and his ties with Wall Street and banks.

Change? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies