Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 05:35 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times

Advertisements

This one is easy, because it hurts the leftist Russian narrative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 05:35 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
WHY should we care about a KGB thug alleging something could have happened?

Old 03-11-2018, 05:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Because it was a ridiculous statement.
THIS^^^^

The op started this thread simply to bash conservatives. Doesn't care one iota about facts or rational answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
This one is easy, because it hurts the leftist Russian narrative
Pretty much been shot out of the water long ago. They love maintaining objects to focus their hate on. When Pence is elected President in 2024, Mueller will close his investigation and say he found nothing, after his team of lawyers banked 1/4B USD and will not have stopped Trump from completing his agenda of keeping promises and backing citizens.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
First, I will admit I too didn't speak out. Although, I did search the threads to see if one was started.

Why did no CD posters start a thread?

Background:

Putin during an interview to NBC broadcast Friday, claimed Russian Jews could have been behind Russian meddling in the 2016 United States presidential election.
I didn’t hear about it until you posted it. Congratulations. Want a cookie?

Old 03-11-2018, 06:06 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:

Well, yes, there is that, and also the fact there is only one person on this planet who is more dishonest than Donald Trump, and that would be Putin. He couldn't tell the truth if he were on fire and that was the only thing that would save him.

Everyone knew he was just playing games, so no one paid any attention to what he said.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:39 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
First, I will admit I too didn't speak out. Although, I did search the threads to see if one was started.

Why did no CD posters start a thread?

Background:

Putin during an interview to NBC broadcast Friday, claimed Russian Jews could have been behind Russian meddling in the 2016 United States presidential election.
This is the first I have heard of it.

It does make me wonder how he could make such a speculation, and why he differentiates Russian 'Jews' from Russians in general.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:42 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Ditto.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:32 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Putin is an ex KGB agent taught to lie and be the lowest of low. Do I find anything Putin says as credible? Um. Nope.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:43 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
The OP, by "anyone", seems to be referring to conservatives.

I have a question:

Why didn't the OP "speak out" about it?

Here's a reality of the situation:

Maybe "speaking out" about it harbors an inconvenient political discussion.

That discussion would point out that accusing a minority group of undermining the election is exactly what the liberals have been doing for he past one+ years, since the election.

It would point out that defending another minority group (Jews) from such accusations, based on an avoidance of seeming prejudiced, would seem hypocritical.

It would highlight a further double standard that some groups can not be effectively accused while others can not be; lest social shaming kick into high gear and prevent the political traction of such an accusation.

Were liberal Jewish authors at the nations newspapers concerned with advancing stereotypes with their year long Russian hysteria? Given their experience with such, I wonder why not?

Perhaps that's why people were a little slow to the trigger to address this issue.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:15 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Both Putin and Trump know who meddled in this election. They are both playing the press and American people. The gullible are eating it up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies