Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 09:19 AM

5,291 posts, read 6,118,078 times

Advertisements

The Berkshire Eagle newspaper has urged Sen. Warren to take the "spit test" to prove that she has native American heritage. When asked about that on "Fox News Sunday" ( 3/11/18), Senator Warren did not directly answer but told the story of her father's family rejecting her mother for marriage because she had Indian blood. It is widely believed that Sen. Warren got her position at the Harvard Law School precisely because she claimed minority status.

Sen. Warren also said that she will not run for president in 2020.

Newspaper to Elizabeth Warren: Take 'Spit Test' to Settle Native American Heritage Claims | Fox News Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 09:25 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,292,965 times
That's interesting. I don't like Warren's politics but there's no denying she's a smart woman. I suspect she and her staff have done extensive in-house polling on her potential candidacy. I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear those results.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:26 AM

3,978 posts, read 1,975,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
The Berkshire Eagle newspaper has urged Sen. Warren to take the "spit test" to prove that she has native American heritage. When asked about that on "Fox News Sunday" ( 3/11/18), Senator Warren did not directly answer but told the story of her father's family rejecting her mother for marriage because she had Indian blood. It is widely believed that Sen. Warren got her position at the Harvard Law School precisely because she claimed minority status.

Sen. Warren also said that she will not run for president in 2020.

Newspaper to Elizabeth Warren: Take 'Spit Test' to Settle Native American Heritage Claims | Fox News Insider
I think its fair. Warren benefited from her claim, and even Harvard repeatedly touted her as a "woman of color", Lol.

But if she does, what makes her "legit"?

1%?

5%?

20%? -(not likely)

Or was her plagiarized recipe contribution in 1984 to the cringingly labeled cook book called "Pow Wow Chow" enough to validate her?

Elizabeth Warren's Pow Wow Chow 'Cherokee' recipes were word for word COPIES of famous FRENCH chef's techniques | Daily Mail Online

Oh the tangled web of identity politics......

Old 03-11-2018, 09:42 AM

15,583 posts, read 10,314,512 times
warren said she won't run for president, but nothing about accepting a number two slot on the 2020 ticket.

the hill published an article last week that the ideal dem ticket in 2020 would be sanders/warren.

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/...in-big-in-2020

Old 03-11-2018, 09:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
23 and me will settle the issue once and for all.

Heck, I even ended up with a tiny % of Native American genes.

To no one's surprise, I rated real high in Neanderthal, too.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:49 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,699,678 times
in politics its all about what ever tidbit of information you can properly take advantage of. if you can identify with your constituents better by claiming minority status of some kind, then you take advantage of that bit of information, depending on whether your constituents tend to be more liberal or conservative.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-11-2018 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 03-11-2018, 10:11 AM

20,663 posts, read 8,430,038 times
I wonder if Warren secretly took a DNA test. John Roberts, filling in for Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday this morning, interviewed her. She gave her usual canned, Disney response, i.e. "Great-great-grandpappy was a poor, hardworking farmhand who loved his squaw even though his family shunned her because she was an "In-jun." They lived happily ever after." Or words to that effect. Given the time, place and circumstances, the woman was likely a frontier prostitute. Some enterprising genealogist could find out the truth.

When asked about Trump's breakthrough of agreeing to meet with Rocket Man, Warren offered her solutions which Roberts astutely pointed out, "Isn't he already doing that?" She is a brain dead zombie who repeats the party line talking points.

The main reason she won't admit she wants the Dem nomination (not sure the Alt Left want her anyway) is because she is running for re-election in 2018. The Reps should run ads saying she would abandon them to run for Prez. Get rid of the old cow!

Last edited by PilgrimsProgress; 03-11-2018 at 10:38 AM..

Old 03-11-2018, 10:23 AM

1,225 posts, read 602,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I think its fair. Warren benefited from her claim, and even Harvard repeatedly touted her as a "woman of color", Lol.

But if she does, what makes her "legit"?

1%?

5%?

20%? -(not likely)

Or was her plagiarized recipe contribution in 1984 to the cringingly labeled cook book called "Pow Wow Chow" enough to validate her?

Elizabeth Warren's Pow Wow Chow 'Cherokee' recipes were word for word COPIES of famous FRENCH chef's techniques | Daily Mail Online

Oh the tangled web of identity politics......
I believe you’re supposed to be 1/16th at least to be considered Native American

Old 03-11-2018, 10:27 AM

19,959 posts, read 8,864,741 times
she knows she's not Native American or she would have had this test done 15 years ago. She's a liar, just like Sen Bluementhal (CT) claiming he fought in the Viet Nam when in fact he was never in the country. These politicians are compulsive liars, it's what they do.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:31 AM

3,978 posts, read 1,975,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I believe you’re supposed to be 1/16th at least to be considered Native American
So, 6.25% then. I have to wonder how this was proven before DNA tests? Cook book recipes?

At this point, I would like to see if good old Fauxcahontas can drum up the "evidence". Really doubting it myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies