Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:50 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Hang on National Action supported the killing of MP Jo Cox and stated Hitler didn't go far enough with his plans, is that not Uktra Right Wing.
Even if they were it still doesn't change the fact that ANYONE can be labeled 'right wing' or 'far right' simply because their views are different than other people's 'more acceptable' views. And please explain to me why extremist Muslims are allowed into the UK then if its their contention that they're protecting the public from people with extremist views?

Also here is Southern's account of what happened to her while she was detained:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kzkgd-GLrk

Whether or not you agree with Southern's views and beliefs, you can't POSSIBLY tell me that this isn't messed up and that it SHOULD NOT be happening in western countries to people who simply have different political views, especially when she has had no prior criminal past and especially no terror related past compared to the hundreds of Muslims who went to fight with ISIS and then were allowed to return to the UK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 09:11 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

Even if they were it still doesn't change the fact that ANYONE can be labeled 'right wing' or 'far right' simply because their views are different than other people's 'more acceptable' views. And please explain to me why extremist Muslims are allowed into the UK then if its their contention that they're protecting the public from people with extremist views?

Whether or not you agree with Southern's views and beliefs, you can't POSSIBLY tell me that this isn't messed up and that it SHOULD NOT be happening in western countries to people who simply have different political views, especially when she has had no prior criminal past and especially no terror related past compared to the hundreds of Muslims who went to fight with ISIS and then were allowed to return to the UK.
I didn't watch the ITV documentary about the Far Right which mentioned Sellner, however a Schedule 7 is usually the reserve of Special Branch/Counter Terrorism and MI5 (Security Service Officers) who are based at Ports and Airports, and is usually intelligence based. Schedule 7 is used in relation to any terrorist intelligence and not just in relation to the Far Right.

Furthermore she was allowed in to the country until recently, indeed all three have entered the UK in the last 12 months, however it seems that intelligence in relation to these three individuals and their intentions has changed leading the police and security services to deny them entry and deem the,m not coducive to the public good and a threat.

Schedule 7, of the UK Terrorism Act 2000

Schedule 7 of The Terrorism Act 2000 - National Police Library

As of June 2016, the US Terrorist Watch List was estimated to contain over 2,484,442 records, consisting of 1,877,133 individual identities. So the US is just as strict in relation to terrorism legislation and entry policy, if not stricter as you now facew problems just because of your nationality never ind your views.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-13-2018 at 09:20 AM..

Old 03-13-2018, 09:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Independent journalist Brittany Pettibone, and her boyfriend Martin Sellner, were detained entering the UK, and held for three days.

Their "crimes", Miss Pettibone was going to interview Tommy Robinson, and Mr Sellner was going to give a speech at a free speech conference.

The UK has now made if very clear, it is no longer safe to travel to the UK if you have certain political views.

Why isn't the msm reporting this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPzzr0LpeuU
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
Not just them, Canadian journalist Laura Southern too: link

UK Authorities admitted they were not terrorist, but they were going to be held under the no due process statutes the terrorist laws allow.
Abuse of the laws.... Tyranny.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I didn't watch the ITV documentary about the Far Right which mentioned Sellner, however a Schedule 7 is usually the reserve of Special Branch/Counter Terrorism and MI5 (Security Service Officers) who are based at Ports and Airports, and is usually intelligence based. Schedule 7 is used in relation to any terrorist intelligence and not just in relation to the Far Right.

Furthermore she was allowed in to the country until recently, indeed all three have entered the UK in the last 12 months, however it seems that intelligence in relation to these three individuals and their intentions has changed leading the police and security services to deny them entry and deem the,m not coducive to the public good and a threat.

Schedule 7, of the UK Terrorism Act 2000

Schedule 7 of The Terrorism Act 2000 - National Police Library

As of June 2016, the US Terrorist Watch List was estimated to contain over 2,484,442 records, consisting of 1,877,133 individual identities. So the US is just as strict in relation to terrorism legislation and entry policy, if not stricter as you now facew problems just because of your nationality never ind your views.

It is the most abused piece of tyrannical legislation used in the free world.
No due process what so ever.
Sound familiar?

Oppressing free people is not wise.
Oppressing armed free people is stupid.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Let me ask you:
Do you think these people were detained simply because they were off to give a speech, or could it be because one of them is a known far right activist, and the other one was going to interview a far right activist?
If the UK deems a person or persons of a different nationality as a national security risk, or part of a hate group, should they have the right to detain them or not?
Political views are no reason to be punished, in a free thinking nation that created free speech.
Good thing they disarmed the public, before going full bore tyrannical.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:44 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is the most abused piece of tyrannical legislation used in the free world.
No due process what so ever.
Sound familiar?

Oppressing free people is not wise.
Oppressing armed free people is stupid.
Nobody needs due process to be denied entry in to the US or indeed most other countries, it's not unique to the UK.

Specific details were not released by the Home Office, and I have no idea what intelligence or reasoning led to the decision.

They had been allowed in the UK prior to this and had all visited before, however I know recently Sellner and his group rented a boat to stop aid agencies helping to rescue migrants in the Mediterranean however the boat eventually broke down and they had to be rescued after they wqere banned from refuelling in Malta.

As for Lauren Southern ws supposedly giving out leaflets Allah being gay, which could be deemed offensive and harassment under the law.

I know Sellner's girlfriend Brittany Pettibone visted with him last year when he made a number of speeches at various locations, again I don't know what was said or what has inflamed the situation with the UK Authorities, or indeed what intelligence has led to all three being banned.

The event they were due to attend and which Sellner was going to give a speech at had been cancelled and he was due to give an imprompu speech in public in London at Hyde Park, which may have contravened Part 2 of the Public Order Act 1986 in relation to Processions and Assemblies as well as Parts 3 and 3A - Racial and Religious Hatred.

Public Order Act 1986 - Wikipedia

I think it was a bit harsh in banning them without a good reason, however I don't know what groups they have links to, what exactly has been said or written or any other such information.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Nobody needs due process to be denied entry in to the US or indeed most other countries, it's not unique to the UK.

Specific details were not released by the Home Office, and I have no idea what intelligence or reasoning led to the decision.

They had been allowed in the UK prior to this and had all visited before, however I know recently Sellner and his group rented a boat to stop aid agencies helping to rescue migrants in the Med, whilst Southern was made posters about Allah being gay, which if she put through peoples doors would be deemed harassment.

I know Sellner's girlfriend Brittany Pettibone visted with him last year when he made a number of speeches at various locations, again I don't know what was said or what has inflamed the situation with the UK Authorities, or indeed what intelligence has led to all three being banned.

The event they were due to attend and which Sellner was going to give a speech at had been cancelled and he was due to give an imprompu speech in public in London, which may have contravened Part 2 of the Public Order Act 1986 in relation to Processions and Assemblies as well as Parts 3 and 3A - Racial and Religious Hatred.
Is he charged of a crime?
But to be told you are not terrorist, but will be held on the provisions of a Terrorist legislation?
For 3 days. Not turned around and placed upon another plane, they said they would gladly pay for. Held 3 days, to intimidate them for their political views of individual liberty and freedom.

This Sunday, 8am EDT 3pm London time, Speakers Square - London England, is going to be lit up with truth bombs! We shall overcome! Riots soon to ensue.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:01 AM

10,520 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Provide some evidence that these people are part of some hate group.

Leaning to the right doesn't make someone part of a hate group.

Sellner was there to speak at an internationally renown free speech conference.

Brittany Pettibone was there to conduct an interview.

Does a CNN reporter interviewing a member of ANTIFA make them part of a terrorist group?

Lastly, if the UK is going to deny them entry, that's bad enough, but to detain them for 3 days is inexcusable.

There's a difference between 'leaning to the right' and founding your own far-right organisation.

By the way I never said they were hate groups, I simply asked you to answer the question "If the UK deems a person or persons of a different nationality as a national security risk, or part of a hate group, should they have the right to detain them or not?", which you didn't answer by the way.

It's funny how the right are constantly up in arms about immigration and who should be let into America, but when the UK chooses to detain two people who "it might be considered that his or her presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good" that's apparently different.
The UK makes it's own decisions about who it chooses to let in or detain.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:06 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Let me ask you:
Do you think these people were detained simply because they were off to give a speech, or could it be because one of them is a known far right activist, and the other one was going to interview a far right activist?
If the UK deems a person or persons of a different nationality as a national security risk, or part of a hate group, should they have the right to detain them or not?
Anyone who is critical of the ideology of Islam is considered a hate group these days, including Muslims wanting reform. It’s ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous that they let 400 returning ISIS members come back and gave them public housing and welfare. That’s going to end well.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:12 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Their country, their rules. Visiting a foreign country is a privilege, not a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies