Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 09:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,416,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Very true. tRump is an angry vengeful human being. He is conducting an ongoing purge of those who may oppose him and he only cares about himself.

MAGA actually means "Make America Grovel Again" or else I'll sue you for $20 million dollars, fire you from your job and take away your pension.
We all know that this will end badly for tRump and his enablers.

He's becoming unglued.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 09:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,470,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Hmmmm I guess that people have forgotten the J. Edgar Hoover days. Presidents were afraid of him and the FBI.
Do I trust the FBI or the DOJ after the fiasco investigation of Clinton? Lynch meeting Bill on a tarmac? Hell no.
Exactly!

The FBI and other LE agencies were corrupt as they could be back then, I doubt much has changed over the years, just look at the DEA for proof of that!! LOL

Old 03-17-2018, 10:11 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,336,424 times
Trumps war on law enforcement? How about the liberal mayor of Oakland warning ILLEGALS when ICE is going to do a raid? Every day the left shows how little grasp on reality they have, they actually believe the voices in their left wing echo chambers.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:31 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,925,407 times
As a progressive I am also mystified by people being so anti-trump they are pro FBI, pro CIA and Pro law enforcement. It's rediculous and shows that people on both sides of the political spectrum have lost their minds and are so brainwashed with rhetoric they are just repeating whatever MSNBC or Fox news is spewing out. Trump is nuts. But the system is evil. The FBI, law enforcement, the prison industrial complex, the war on drugs, the military industrial complex is not something I would ever root for just because Trump is taking shots at them. The reason he is so popular with about half the country is that he is poking holes in formerly sacred cows. If he is undermining people's faith in American institutions that's a good thing. Those institutions have been resting on their laurels too long. For example, after 911, the FBI surveiled and detaind more than 7,000 arab Americans. They got 12 convictions. Their most notable conviction after a year long multi million dollar surviellance was for selling counterfeit sneakers. They are a total joke. Trump is a total joke. Why would you defend one joke over another? That's why Hillary lost. She was a total joke too. And the mainstream press is not free, it is bought and paid for by corporate sponsors and corporate owner's interests. The only "free press" is on Youtube and it is whistling in the dark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As a leftie, I am most certainly not tight with the the FBI. However, as a sane American, I am very perturbed at the general tendency, exemplified by Trump, to try to undermine people's faith in everything - the judicial system, the electoral system, the free press, etc.

Last edited by bobspez; 03-17-2018 at 10:42 AM..

Old 03-17-2018, 10:41 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,124,866 times
Yes, and the firing of McCabe is a part of the War On the FBI, which has one goal: protect Trump from impeachment at all costs.

https://twitter.com/SenBlumenthal/st...25307639042048

Old 03-17-2018, 10:45 AM

5,787 posts, read 3,573,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Hmmmm I guess that people have forgotten the J. Edgar Hoover days. Presidents were afraid of him and the FBI.
Do I trust the FBI or the DOJ after the fiasco investigation of Clinton? Lynch meeting Bill on a tarmac? Hell no.
Then again, to the right-wing mind, our government was so perfect and wonderful and cared about the needs of its citizens. OK, there was that bigotry thing, granted. But the government of "we the people" were honorable and decent to its citizens!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Very true. tRump is an angry vengeful human being. He is conducting an ongoing purge of those who may oppose him and he only cares about himself.

MAGA actually means "Make America Grovel Again" or else I'll sue you for $20 million dollars, fire you from your job and take away your pension.
How does making high government officials grovel to a president make America great, let alone again? Grate on America, perhaps, but not making a country grate. It looks like the modern-day Saturday Night Massacre is underway.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:53 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,374,784 times
Lol... liberal spin. "Don't hurt our attack dogs..."

Let's ask the average cop, you know the law enforcement that is in the most danger and does most of the dirty work, who they prefer.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:03 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,218,996 times
Laughable, considering the lawlessness of the Democrap Party ...FISA abuse by Obama FBI, spying on U.S. citizens. Obama's IRS targeting conservative groups.

Rosenstein ought to be fired, and since he works for the President, Donald Trump has the Constitutional authority to fire him.

The FBI, the Justice Dept., the IRS and other agencies were all politicized under Obama. We're talking about those at the top, not the rank and file. The lawlessness exists not with President Trump, but with the holdovers from the Obama administration, which even Newt Gingrich described as the most corrupt administration in American history.

Old 03-17-2018, 04:57 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,112,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That started long before Trump came along. You can't lie to the American public under oath, admit you lied, and expect people to still have faith in you.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're referring to, although I have the feeling you're thinking of something specific. Are you saying that everyone in the entire law enforcement community has lied under oath?

Old 03-17-2018, 04:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,952,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sorry, I have no idea what you're referring to, although I have the feeling you're thinking of something specific. Are you saying that everyone in the entire law enforcement community has lied under oath?
Every single one does not have to lie for people to lose faith in an organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies