Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the professor throwing the student out because he disagreed with her?
Yes 4 3.67%
No 105 96.33%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:03 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times

Advertisements

I suggested to my son that when he's taking the easy A, elective type courses to just go with the flow no matter how nutty or unhinged the professor appears and to focus on the important courses, e.g. math, science, business, etc.

He's told us a few entertaining SJW stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 08:05 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I suggested to my son that when he's taking the easy A, elective type courses to just go with the flow no matter how nutty or unhinged the professor appears and to focus on the important courses, e.g. math, science, business, etc.

A good approach, and what I plan on suggesting to my own children in those circumstances. These folks are looking for compliance, not a challenge.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:15 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Using a user.

My Klingon side approves.

I wanna hear the stories.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:40 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,011,499 times
[LEFT]https://archive.fo/RaWLB
Sunday Shaming by Alison Downie

excerpt

On this particular Sunday, I happened to drive past a non-denominational church in the small college town where I live. It rents space on the main street, in an old movie theater. On this day, a group of enthusiastic church goers gathered on the sidewalk, advertising the service about to begin with handmade posters. They appeared to be mostly young, and I imagined they were probably students at the university where I teach. I glanced their way, wondering if I would recognize a student from one of my classes.
]A young man I did not recognize leaned toward the curb as I passed, aiming his poster at me. It read, “SMILE! It’s Sunday!”
I felt slapped in the face, stunned, and then . . . enraged.
Though I drove on in steely silence, I wanted to slam on the brakes, storm into that cluster of shiny happy young people and throw down a Molotov cocktail of sudden death, mental illness, tragedy, and suffering of all kinds into their church street party: “NO! I will NOT smile because it’s Sunday. And who are you to tell me I should? Who are you to imply that if I do not smile, I somehow don’t measure up to your understanding of what faith or salvation is?”
]Rage boiled within me for miles and miles, churning over the shame these young people tossed around in an insular, and therefore, arrogant obliviousness.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, first I checked to see if this was a Christian/private university, and no, it isn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian...f_Pennsylvania

That being said, I think it is disgusting that any teacher or professor would kick a student out of school for something he or she said that did not encourage violence and/or was not actually hate speech.
None of us were there.

Professor claims the student :

Disrespectful in his objection, and

Refused to stop talking out of turn, and

Angry outbursts

Sounds like it may be more about the how than the what.

In contrast, the student is off on a free speech kick.

The Admin will sort it out.

None of us were there.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:03 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,860 times
Disrespectful and disruptive deserves the boot

It will be interesting to hear from others in the class

Old 03-13-2018, 09:07 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, first I checked to see if this was a Christian/private university, and no, it isn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian...f_Pennsylvania

That being said, I think it is disgusting that any teacher or professor would kick a student out of school for something he or she said that did not encourage violence and/or was not actually hate speech.
Not sure why you would check to see if it was a secular private school. If it were the student wouldn't have been ejected because that is in line with what they teach. Only in the public schools will you find ideology over ideas and forcing belief alignment by teachers and profs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
A good approach, and what I plan on suggesting to my own children in those circumstances. These folks are looking for compliance, not a challenge.
Closed minded fools who parrot how "accepting an diverse" they are, patting themselves on the back constantly for it. Nothing but hypocrites who couldn't care less how transparently oblivious they are to their own idiocy.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-13-2018 at 09:16 AM..

Old 03-13-2018, 09:19 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm doubting the professor was vey respectful of the student's position on those issues. The very fact that she would use a Christianity class as a vessel for promoting these issues in the first place makes me question her interpretation of events. Considering how leftist extremists define words like hate and racism, I have no doubt her definition of disruptive and whatever else she accused him of is highly subjective as well. I've seen plenty of examples of leftists who consider any voicing of an opposing viewpoint to be an expression of hatred and oppression.

And I brought up her "simple solution" in a previous post in this thread, which I will not rewrite word for word here. In short, she demanded a groveling and a point by point acquiescence to her views and gave no assurances of "forgiveness" in exchange for the groveling.

He learned a lesson that he needed to learn about dealing with leftists in authority, and part of that lesson is to never trust their twisted interpretation of events, especially when it involves their ideology.
This is hilarious. A crying snowflake not feeling protected in his safe space college class, but shocker, the thread is about a conservative.

The teacher doesn't need to be respectful of the student's uninformed views. The student needs to follow the teachers rules, and he didn't and was removed.

The teacher did a good thing by exposing these kids to something that they might not have expected, but an issue that they will have to deal with in real life, that is directly related to religious belief. The student obviously couldn't handle it, lost his composure and became a distraction to the class.

Probably turns out well for the kid. Conservatives don't need no facist liberal circle jerk universities teaching them the ways of the devil.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:26 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
He didn't get kicked out for his opinion.

Did you read the report behind the picture? Refusal to stop talking out of turn? Angry outbursts? Accusing the professor of grading him low in the future bc they disagreed on this idea?
Don't interrupt a conservative snowflake meltdown with actual facts.

The student acted like a jerk and was asked to apologize, he refused so he was kicked out of the class.

Way too many conservatives get worked up on Fox News/hate radio and think it is their mission to go out into the world and share their political opinions, they are always shocked when the reaction to their "truths" range from meh to get the flock out of my face.

We all know how this went down, a college student egged on by Fox News and the right wing media machine didn't like the reaction that he received when the professor and other students refused to accept as "fact" his opinion regarding gender. Conservatives seem to think that merely not accepting what they present as "truth", "fact", "common sense" is an aggressive act, you see it on these forums all the time.

Last edited by shorman; 03-13-2018 at 09:41 AM..

Old 03-13-2018, 09:33 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
speaking the truth is hate speech? Words only hurt snowflakes with no spine.. go back to your safe space.
I could be wrong, but I don't believe MPowering1 was serious, but was instead being sarcastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies