Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2018, 11:32 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,642,722 times

Advertisements

As for business CEOs firing people that disagree with them or aren't performing well, sure, that happens.

But, show me a Fortune 500 company that has had 43% turnover among key executives in a single year and I'll show you a company destined for faillure.

I'd be willing to bet that even the Trump Organization has never had a year where they turned over 43% of their top executives.

Last edited by RosieSD; 03-13-2018 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 11:35 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
There also isn't a Fortune 500 company that doesn't disclose how much money it earns. Trump has refused to show just how much of a business genius he is, because he's lost more money than he's made.

He's a self-made millionaire in the sense that Hillary Clinton is a self-made politician.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Very interesting. I know the chattering left will claim this is another sign of a WH in chaos, whereas I see this as a president consolidating a strong, working team, more interested in the boss's vision rather than pushing their own agenda.

Sessions better watch his azz.
Tillerson was fired by tweet.

Yeah, very professional, organized WH that.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:39 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't recall Bush or Obama having such issues with their own Administrations.
They didn't fire incompetent or corrupt people, just reassigned them. That's why there is a DC Swamp.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:39 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I think Tillerson being booted has nothing to do with Russia. He's actually pretty tight with Russia himself, from his days at Exxon.

More likely, the deciding factor in Trump's mind was North Korea. When the President impulsively announced he'd meet with Kim Jung Un without consulting with Tillerson, I'm sure that some sparks flew behind closed doors.

So, if there was a nail in Tillerson's coffin, that was probably it. To be honest, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

My bet for the next person to go is Jim Mattis.

We'll see.
It was quite the coincidence that he was fired right after of his criticism of Russia becoming more brazen with their actions. It will be difficult for any secretary of state to perform under Trump when he has these outbursts and makes statements without any regard to their effect. Right now he loves Pompeo, I give him a year maybe less. The turnover and destabilizing effect on our government is historical.

They also fired Tillerson's assistant today because he contradicted the White House story that Trump notified Tillerson last week, he was led out of the White House.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Only thing is it's being reported that Tillerson was not aware he was being fired. He learned about it via the text by Trump.

So, Trump is actually a coward in real life. He fired Comey while Comey was in California (and then Trump was mad that Comey was able to use government transportation back to DC) and he fired Tillerson while he was on his way back from Africa.

Trump did not have the courage to face either man face to face. Trump falls into the weasel category where Pat Riely informed the Knicks he quit via a fax and Bill Belichick Jets resigned as HC of the NYJ on a napkin. Real class act.
This, exactly.

What a coward.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:40 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
They didn't fire incompetent or corrupt people, just reassigned them. That's why there is a DC Swamp.
You mis-spelled "Hire"....

Old 03-13-2018, 11:41 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Now we have DC quicksand.

18,068 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They just fired a Tillerson aid for putting out a false report about Tillerson leaving.
Fake news from within. How ironic.

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
So after a certain period of *separation* it's finally a divorce, huh?

"Trump told reporters Tuesday that he had been considering removing Tillerson for “a long time” because they disagreed over U.S. strategy in key areas of foreign policy, such as the Iran nuclear deal, the approach to North Korea and the tone of U.S. diplomacy."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.8279d22912e0

So what "tone" of US diplomacy are we talking about here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies