Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 12:16 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Entitled Snowflakes.

There was a time when walking out of school, because you feel "entitled" meant you got your ass whipped at school and later by your parents.

Today they will give the little dears participation certificates for it.

Never mind getting a basic education instead. This is more important than math, science, basic literacy. In 10 years they will be popping pills and stuck with $100K debt racked up from the same nonsense.
OK, here we go....

Can you show ONE, just ONE example of where participation certificates were given out? I know you were just making stuff up to prove a fake point (some call it lying), but this is the thing. There are other people, just like you, who believe everything they read that supports their agenda, and then present it as fact.

Do you have examples, or are you just being someone else's pawn in the spread of fake news?

Regarding your other comments:
What is "entitled" or "snowflake-ish" about make a stand on an issue you feel strongly about? Honestly, I know you and I don't have the best posting history, but you made the comment, you started with the name-calling, so explain what makes that an entitled behavior.

And some would argue that knowing how to think for yourself, how to take a stand, how to STAND UP TO YOUR GOVERNMENT, are all lessons that are equally, if not more, important than the 4 r's. (Especially surprising coming from you, someone who is constantly on record as being anti-government, anti-overreach. Am I wrong about characterizing you as that?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 12:19 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
OK, here we go....

Can you show ONE, just ONE example of where participation certificates were given out? I know you were just making stuff up to prove a fake point (some call it lying), but this is the thing. There are other people, just like you, who believe everything they read that supports their agenda, and then present it as fact.

Do you have examples, or are you just being someone else's pawn in the spread of fake news?

Regarding your other comments:
What is "entitled" or "snowflake-ish" about make a stand on an issue you feel strongly about? Honestly, I know you and I don't have the best posting history, but you made the comment, you started with the name-calling, so explain what makes that an entitled behavior.

And some would argue that knowing how to think for yourself, how to take a stand, how to STAND UP TO YOUR GOVERNMENT, are all lessons that are equally, if not more, important than the 4 r's. (Especially surprising coming from you, someone who is constantly on record as being anti-government, anti-overreach. Am I wrong about characterizing you as that?)

This is a pretty good read:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/micha...b_1431319.html

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I don't really agree with what they are saying and believe many have don't a good grasp on the issues but I feel a 17 minute walkout about something they believe is good for them and society as a whole.
Thanks for posting this. I understand many don't agree with them, and that is fine. But it is refreshing to see someone (you) who can see the bigger picture, and the real lesson here. Even if you don't agree with their point, it's good to see kids have a cause, and good to see them deal with it constructively.

It's a damn shame to see some of the so-called adults trying to knock them down, because that's the only way they know how to fight, is to take others down, to make themselves feel bigger.

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
These kids are so GREAT! One girl on CNN was calling for a ban on automatic weapons, and look at that, she got it ALREADY! Good for her!
LOL! Most of them are clueless. They probably watch too much CNN and MSNBC. That's why so many of them parrot the "assault rifle" rhetoric.

I wonder if they would stage a walk out to demand an end to free speech? After all, so many of them are "offended" by the speech of others.

This is just so ridiculous!

Old 03-14-2018, 12:21 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Thanks for posting this. I understand many don't agree with them, and that is fine. But it is refreshing to see someone (you) who can see the bigger picture, and the real lesson here. Even if you don't agree with their point, it's good to see kids have a cause, and good to see them deal with it constructively.

It's a damn shame to see some of the so-called adults trying to knock them down, because that's the only way they know how to fight, is to take others down, to make themselves feel bigger.
I agree that student political involvement is good. But I think they are being manipulated in this case and I don’t think a “walk out” is the proper venue.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:22 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If they had this protest after school, I wonder how many would show up?
good question..

Old 03-14-2018, 12:22 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What do you mean by, "on the right side of history?"
I wondered the same question. It could be also the side of those who like to desarm us, insert the usual conspiracies theories cliches here like Soros, Illuminati, Freemasons, etc.... Remember the moment when Ted Nugent posted a list about who was for gun control? https://reason.com/blog/2016/02/09/t...nti-semitic-ar

However, I'll be very doubtful then the Hollywood stars like Michael Moore, Barbra Streisand will get rid of their armed security guards to show the example.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:23 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,067 times
What I find most funny is there's a bunch of random people online who appear to think that they should have the right to dictate what these students do or don't do.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:23 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Isn't it spring break right now in most places?
Yeah, talk about a strange coincidence or is it a coincidence?

Old 03-14-2018, 12:25 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sounds impressive, and like it would do something.
Can you please explain exactly what it is and how it would keep firearms out of the hands of the mentally unstable ?
People only use what they have access to. Its why mentally unstable people don't typically use flame throwers, hand grenades and RPG's in mass killings. Not because they don't want to, they don't have access to those weapons. Having strict requirements on who has access to Ar-15's, semi-auto rifles and handguns would logically have the same effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies