Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 08:14 AM

88,681 posts, read 44,430,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You already cannot own just any kind of arms you like.
Which are prohibited? Maybe dealers can't sell certain types of firearms, but anyone can own just about anything. Private individuals owned warships in the 19th century. I currently know private persons who own fully functional cannons, bazookas, armed tanks, etc. It's a collector niche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 08:21 AM

29,027 posts, read 14,363,039 times
Quote:
Nobody is asking for the US to be completely disarmed.
How many times does this need drilling through your skulls?

The goal is common sense gun legislation like in England, Canada, Australia, Iceland, Germany, Japan, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, Scotland, Finland, Italy...etc etc etc.
None of those counties are 'Orwellian'

These 'arguments' couldn't be more ridiculous. They're not even arguments, they're just words, like 'Orwellian' and 'Communism' and 'fascism' bandied around to see if anything sticks without actually any idea what the concepts are.

I know the internet is anonymous but the right seem to have lost any sense of personal pride in actually showing any kind of reason or rational thought process or knowledge base. It's just arguing nonsensically for arguments sake.
I guess that all depends on who you ask ? There have been plenty of politicians on video stating that is what they want.
As far as the people in these marches, who really knows what they want. I've been on both the March for our lives and never again websites looking for a detail plan on what they are marching for. Found nothing other than the same old buzz words and catch phrases. You would think a group that is making this much noise and gaining this much momentum would at least have something detailed out. The odd thing is how can people even follow a group without knowing their exact intentions.... some just like to follow I guess.

As far as "common sense legislation" , do you even have a clue what that would be ?

I'm all for background checks for all transfers , handgun, long gun, and high cap mags (what is high cap would need to be determined. ) new and secondary. Register long guns , just like some states do on handguns. Relax HIPAA laws so they can share their information with the BATF/NICS so at the point of sale , the FFL can make the decision or not to sell an individual. They already have that right, but now they can know a persons mental background to help in that decision.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:39 AM

2,309 posts, read 894,686 times
Quote:
A great day, on the right side of history.

So proud of this generation of children, standing up and using their voices in peaceful protest today.
Gun control is not the right side of history.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:04 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,148,117 times
The fact that there is more outrage and anger towards teenagers who were apart of a massacre in their high school marching as opposed to the actual massacre itself just re-affrims that Trump supporters have zero redeemable qualities.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:37 AM

46,187 posts, read 26,909,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
The fact that there is more outrage and anger towards teenagers who were apart of a massacre in their high school marching as opposed to the actual massacre itself just re-affrims that Trump supporters have zero redeemable qualities.

Yes, maybe if they knew what they were talking about...that would help them with their credibility.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, maybe if they knew what they were talking about...that would help them with their credibility.
They witnessed 17 classmates get slaughtered by a terrorist POS.

They couldn't care less about having any credibility with you.

Never mind the fact that their "credibility" wasn't the point of my post.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:00 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,052,360 times
Quote:
Quote:

THEY witnessed it? I saw the size of that school - how many "campuses" did it have?

I doubt these chosen few who are on their tour saw anything. We can't verify that, can we?

Old 03-28-2018, 09:01 AM

2,964 posts, read 1,149,426 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSyhpgUU1-w

Old 03-28-2018, 09:06 AM

46,187 posts, read 26,909,280 times
Quote:

They WITNESSSED all 17 people being killed? Where is this? Provide a link..

Sorry, but anyone who say their F'n parents...has zero anything with me...that includes you.

I don't care what your post was about, I stated credibility....as I was talking about hogg and his buddies.

Old 03-28-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
THEY witnessed it? I saw the size of that school - how many "campuses" did it have?

I doubt these chosen few who are on their tour saw anything. We can't verify that, can we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
They WITNESSSED all 17 people being killed? Where is this? Provide a link..

Sorry, but anyone who say their F'n parents...has zero anything with me...that includes you.

I don't care what your post was about, I stated credibility....as I was talking about hogg and his buddies.
Wow.

Speechless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies