Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 07:56 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,106,012 times

Advertisements

I've certainly been impressed by their eloquence.

The catch is, we can't let ourselves get sidetracked into focusing on school safety. The problem is guns. People have the right to be safe whether at school, or the workplace, or the neighborhood park, or the local supermarket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 07:56 PM

35,370 posts, read 20,730,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, you are correct, they are pawns of the anti-gun groups that are eager to stand on the graves of children to push their agenda.

Using children like this is really sad, but shows how these anti-gun groups are so unethical.
You all have kids. ? No not correct 10000% not correct- kids are sick of seeing the violence -

Old 03-15-2018, 07:59 PM

36,910 posts, read 18,791,488 times
These kids are bright, articulate, educated in journalism by their most excellent school, and driven by a passion born of having to step over their classmates' bodies and walk through pools of their blood to get out of the building after the shooiting. They have already demonstrated that they have no fear of anything, especially republican senators and presidents and such who are liars paid with Blood Money. They plan to vote the ones out who don't get with the plan, and they are working with a lot of groups across the country to sign up new voters to do exactly that.

They are having a huge impact on the attitudes of this country right now, and they are not letting up. Yesterday was a nationwide walkout. March 24 will be the March For Our Lives which will also be nationwide to let those who are not students have a chance at being heard as well. If Wednesday was any indication, the rallies all over the country will be very well attended.

Four million kids will turn 18 before November. There are plenty more coming behind them who are every bit as dedicated to stopping the gun violence that is unique to America, Whatever It Takes, and they will be eligible to vote in 2020. In the interim, the GOP is hard pressed to find enough of Lindsey Graham's "Angry White Guys" to replace the ones who are dying off.

My conjectured opinon? Yep. They're going to change America in a radical and wonderful way, and I will help them do it any way I can. They cannot be allowed to fail.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, you are correct, they are pawns of the anti-gun groups that are eager to stand on the graves of children to push their agenda.

Using children like this is really sad, but shows how these anti-gun groups are so unethical.
These kids are no one's pawns. They are the ones who STARTED this whole thing as soon as the media got to them after the shootings. They are working to fight the NRA, which has demonstrated repeatedly that children's lives are of no consequence or concern to them as long as they get what they want.

I'm hoping Wayne LaPierre and all his harpies have met their match this time.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:05 PM

1,874 posts, read 1,315,117 times

Old 03-15-2018, 08:05 PM

1,074 posts, read 942,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I've certainly been impressed by their eloquence.

The catch is, we can't let ourselves get sidetracked into focusing on school safety. The problem is guns. People have the right to be safe whether at school, or the workplace, or the neighborhood park, or the local supermarket.
I'm impressed by their intelligence and eloquence as well.

What I don't want is overreaching---abolishing the Second Amendment. I want to protect my family. What I don't want is assault weapons on the streets.

How that can be done remains to be seen.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:12 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,231,843 times
I'll take my body's physical abilities and my optimism from my youth. That's it.

I'm a vastly superior person in every other facet of life now than when I was their age.

If you can't say the same about yourself I think you're doing life wrong. May wanna make some changes.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post

What I don't want is overreaching---abolishing the Second Amendment. I want to protect my family. What I don't want is assault weapons on the streets.

You can have both of your wishes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-rules-n724106

Old 03-15-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'll take my body's physical abilities and my optimism from my youth. That's it.

I'm a vastly superior person in every other facet of life now than when I was their age.

If you can't say the same about yourself I think you're doing life wrong. May wanna make some changes.
I still believe the same things I did when I was 17, and I'm a helluva lot more informed now as to why and more dedicated to those principles today than I have ever been in my life.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:14 PM

35,370 posts, read 20,730,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post

They were banned in the past - and just like I cannot get a bazooka - or drive a real rocket car down the street or be drunk in public. Yes hold the reigns with out complete ban of all weapons.
I think those fighting same mentality of those huge gas guzzling trucks. Bigger is better mentality- egotistical. I am a vets widow and own a hand piece. That’s enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies