Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2018, 01:43 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We as a country are moving in that direction. No one knows how the courts will act or react. If you want to continue to be able to own any type of firearm, you need to work to make sure it can be done and insure public safety at the same time. The Parkland Survivors and those of us who support them will not let up until we are assured that everything has been done to eliminate the possibility of mass slaughter on American soil, Whatever It Takes.
From one of your earlier posts:
Quote:
I don't know why it is, when the weak-minded encounter an argument they can't answer, they always either try to change the direction of the discussion. "Banning Weapons of War from Civilian Hands" is somehow conflated to "taking all the guns away", when nothing of the sort was ever intended. I own guns, and I intend to continue owning guns. I am hardly a hypocrite in that respect, at least on that subject.
So "whatever it takes" huh? Your first statement "when nothing of the sort was ever intended" proves that you really are a self righteous hypocrite. I'm glad you cleared that up for me. Either that or you do as others have mentioned: speak out of both sides of your mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 01:48 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No. They are pawns.
Emotional children with emotional ideas use by liberal politicians and corrupt media.
They need supervision not stupor vision.
That is why adults are supposed to be held more accountable.
Amen. They are pawns being supported by Soros, Bloomberg, et al

Old 03-17-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Weapons of War, as defined by the Fourth Circuit. You are welcome to yell "fake news" since this doesn't support your confirmation bias. It won't, however, change a thing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-rules-n724106
The Supreme Court in Heller/McDonald already ruled that:
Quote:
"Obviously the amendment does not apply to arms that can not be hand carried--It's to keep and 'bear' so it doesn't apply to cannons. But I suppose there are hand held rocket launchers that can bring down airplanes, that will have to be decided."-- "The 2nd Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding."--- Antonin Scalia (Heller vs DC) www.law.cornell.edu/suplt

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose:* For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp.*54–56.
The decision from the 4th Circus comes as no surprise:
Quote:
There's a word that no longer describes the federal appeals court...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...a08_story.html
Apr 13, 2017 ... The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, a Richmond-based venue the administration might once have found reliably hospitable, now has a higher proportion of judges tapped by Democrats than most of the nation's 13 circuit courts. That includes the pan-Western 9th Circuit with its long-standing ...
I have no doubt that these cases will be taken up again only this time there will be more justices appointed by Trump on both the Federal Appeals and Supreme Courts.

Quote:
This is a comprehensive list of all Article III and Article IV United States federal judges appointed by Donald Trump during his presidency, as well as a partial list of Article I federal judicial appointments, excluding appointments to the District of Columbia judiciary.[1]

As of March 6, 2018, the United States Senate has confirmed 29 Article III judges nominated by President Trump, including 1 Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, 14 judges for the United States Courts of Appeals, 14 judges for the United States District Courts, and 0 judges for the United States Court of International Trade.[2] There are currently 55 nominations to Article III courts awaiting Senate action, including 10 for the Courts of Appeals and 45 for the District Courts.[3]--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Donald_Trump
Tell me something from someone who claims: "I own guns, and I intend to continue owning guns". Why are you supporting a political party that is working to take them away albeit incrementally? Which proves yet again that you're no gun owner.

Old 03-17-2018, 02:51 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Quote:

...Whatever It Takes.
The end justifies any means necessary, eh, Comrade?

Heh, heh...😎

Old 03-17-2018, 02:52 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
From one of your earlier posts:

So "whatever it takes" huh? Your first statement "when nothing of the sort was ever intended" proves that you really are a self righteous hypocrite. I'm glad you cleared that up for me. Either that or you do as others have mentioned: speak out of both sides of your mouth.
You mean he has been caught TWICE not telling the truth and adjusting his comments to fit the his discussion, and in the same thread?

WOW......

Old 03-17-2018, 03:04 PM

477 posts, read 276,289 times
Quote:
If you want to continue to be able to own any type of firearm, you need to work to make sure it can be done and insure public safety at the same time. The Parkland Survivors and those of us who support them will not let up until we are assured that everything has been done to eliminate the possibility of mass slaughter on American soil, Whatever It Takes.
Ah yes, "whatever it takes." "If it just saves one life," and all that jazz.

I used to believe that as well, after 9/11. So did a lot of other people, many of whom were later proven to be wrong.

Whatever it takes, huh? Ignore due process... spit on the 2nd Amendment... disarm good people and skip over the bad people because it might prove more *costly* to go after THEM...

How about waterboarding? Torture? Unreasonable search and seizure? What if that just saves one life, huh?

When you talk about mass slaughter, you're talking about the kind committed with AR-15 style rifles... no tears on your end for the individual black youth being murdered one by one in Chicago?

Old 03-17-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
We as a country are moving in that direction. No one knows how the courts will act or react. If you want to continue to be able to own any type of firearm, you need to work to make sure it can be done and insure public safety at the same time. The Parkland Survivors and those of us who support them will not let up until we are assured that everything has been done to eliminate the possibility of mass slaughter on American soil, Whatever It Takes.
The laws are already in place. It's up to the government of whom you place so much faith and trust in to adequately enforce those laws instead of failing miserably and instead shift the blame on those who lawfully own firearms.

From my previous post #252. I guess you haven't even bothered to read it, or if you have you just choose to ignore it as it doesn't suit your agenda?
Quote:
Why don't you ask the FBI or the Broward County Sheriff's office that question? I'm willing to bet that they are just the tip of the ice berg. Or maybe Obama's "Promise Program" which promised money to local police departments and school districts for ignoring certain crimes, mostly misdemeanors, but not contained to misdemeanors. And for all of these crimes ignored, there would be no charges or convictions.
PROMISE stands for: Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Intervention, Support, and Education.
Quote:
Post-Parkland, Experts Ask: Did Obama's 'Promise Program ...
www.newsmax.com/premium/us-obama-promise-program...
Mar 13, 2018 · The news that prosecutors will seek the death penalty for 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz stemming from the Feb. 14th mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, that ...

Did Obama's 'Promise Program' Cost 17 Parkland Victims Their ...
www.newsmax.com/premium/promise-program-florida...
Mar 13, 2018 · Experts are asking whether an Obama-era policy to keep student offenders in school, rather than saddling them with a criminal record, contributed to the ...

Progressive PROMISE Program Still at Issue in the Making of ...
sunshinestatenews.com/story/progressive-promise-program...
Mar 09, 2018 · The "Promise Program" IS, WAS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE" utter nonsense foisted upon us by the phony "social experiments" of the seriously flawed "Obama Era ...

Obama’s ‘PROMISE’ Program Nixed Arresting Students in Florida ...
sfcmac.wordpress.com/2018/03/01/obamas-promise...
Feb 28, 2018 · Aside from the FBI's and the Broward County Sheriff's incompetence, looks like the county made a pact with the devil regarding violent thugs in the district.
I know, I know that's all "fake news", right?

The criminal background and NICS system is only as good as the information that is sent into it. If your beloved and trusted government doesn't follow up and enforce the laws that are already in existence. You can expect these acts to continue. I can't for the life of me understand why you place so much faith and trust in them? This is not the first time that your beloved government has failed when all the warning signs were there. Aided and abetted by a biased news media that will cover their sorry asses it's much easier to blame and shift the focus on the NRA and the firearms used in a crime. After all they both share a common agenda and the end justifies the means.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You mean he has been caught TWICE not telling the truth and adjusting his comments to fit the his discussion, and in the same thread?

WOW......
Isn't it amazing! This coming from a supposed life long gun owner who has "no intentions of giving up his guns" yet supports a political party that has made it no secret that they want to abolish the 2nd Amendment, implement Australian like confiscation schemes and turn those of us who refuse to comply into criminals. Oh, I forgot to mention he claims he was a gunsmith too.

And yet those of his ilk look down on us as being a bunch of stupid uneducated trailer park trash. "Deplorables" as their last standard bearer labeled us. "Bitter Clingers" as the previous Black Militant in Chief, friend of Farrakhan and disciple of Rev. Jeremiah Wright labeled us.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 03-17-2018 at 03:31 PM..

Old 03-17-2018, 03:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Can the Parkland children "save" America?

The lefts civilian army

Old 03-17-2018, 04:03 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Isn't it amazing! This coming from a supposed life long gun owner who has "no intentions of giving up his guns" yet supports a political party that has made it no secret that they want to abolish the 2nd Amendment, implement Australian like confiscation schemes and turn those of us who refuse to comply into criminals. Oh, I forgot to mention he claims he was a gunsmith too.

And yet those of his ilk look down on us as being a bunch of stupid uneducated trailer park trash. "Deplorables" as their last standard bearer labeled us. "Bitter Clingers" as the previous Black Militant in Chief, friend of Farrakhan and disciple of Rev. Jeremiah Wright labeled us.
Oh yes, I agree, but just not a gun owner a gun smith...who has filed "sears" to make semi autos, full auto....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies