Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 07:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

No one forced him to participate in the actual protest. He was not allowed to stay unattended in the school. He could have just got up and stayed on the sidelines. Much ado about nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 03:25 AM

2,542 posts, read 2,736,501 times
So they wanted him to go to detention for making his own decision.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:27 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is the Marxist (progressive) way of undermining civilization. This is straight out of "Rules for Radicals"... is anyone really shocked?

Old 03-17-2018, 05:58 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
The kid showed more guts and individual thought than thousands who walked out, teachers included. Can't have that kind of dangerous individualism in a school, though.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
What happened to the other thread on this?

I would say that this kid was probably the only legitimate protest done at this school on this day. It's why he was the only one that had anything done to him.

A choreographed school sponsored walk out is not a protest. The rest of the kids allowed themselves to be used. They are kids so I don't blame them.

I disagree with the kids in generally BUT I completely support their right to protest. Next time I hope they actually protest rather than allow themselves to be used.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:15 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A choreographed school sponsored walk out is not a protest. The rest of the kids allowed themselves to be used. They are kids so I don't blame them.

I disagree with the kids in generally BUT I completely support their right to protest. Next time I hope they actually protest rather than allow themselves to be used.
^^^^^This. The were just pawns in a Far Left, Partisan, Democrat exercise. Not a protest. Maybe they should get their heads out of the phones for a change, and actually think.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:26 AM

10,454 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
mmmm...yes.. The spin put on this is interesting. They're claiming he violated school policy and protocol. And the ones who walked out? From where I'm seeing things those students also violated policy and protocol in a far more blatant manner.

The way I see this suspending this kid is making a statement that the school is supporting the political agenda the walkers and they wanted to make an example. Yea yea, I know. It's trendy to support these student walkouts.

However not everyone feels so. I am one of the latter. The student in question here is correct in his take. Many of the students who walked out did so just because it's an excuse to skip class plus if someone doesn't stand with these walkers they WILL face retaliation. This has been proven over and over. This walkout business is totally out of control.
Actually, this walk out is proof that the liberals are using our children as pawns, because they are now either too indoctrinated or brainwashed to know they are being manipulated, or if they are aware, they are afraid of being persecuted for exercising their first amendment. This is definitely a very dangerous game that the libs are playing here. And I am sickened that our federal government is doing nothing to stop it. This is how people start losing their freedoms and basic human rights. Before we know it, we will be back in Hitler era Germany or Stalin era Russia soon enough.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This just proves that the whole "walkout" has been politically motivated and these kids are being used as pawns. They are being forced to support it. The suspension notice this kid was given stated the reason for his suspension was "Student refused to follow instructions."

Old 03-17-2018, 06:29 AM

10,454 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The kid showed more guts and individual thought than thousands who walked out, teachers included. Can't have that kind of dangerous individualism in a school, though.
Agreed. Don't be surprised if we find this kid has decided to hang himself out of peer pressure later on. Seems every time there is a legit person out there that the American people can look up to that is not part of some corporate sponsored puppet, something happens to them.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:30 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
He had the option of alternative study hall, where he should have gone if he chose not to participate in the walkout.
No, you're missing the point. The alternative study hall would still have been supporting the walkout. He wasn't going to do that. He stayed in class. That was his point. He wasn't going to choose either option because both were in support of something he disagrees with.

He did the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies