Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 07:40 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Have you ever been in a lavatory on the plane?
Yes. And?

I'm not saying it happened - but it's interesting that your first instinct is to call it a failed hookup.

Also, do you think it was a failed hookup? Or was it impossible due to the size of the lavatory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 07:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
It can be done..

Where there is a will there is a way, right?

The only way it could've happened is if she let and wanted it to happen.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
This story makes no sense and seems implausible.
Yeah I thought the same thing. I have close to a million miles in the air. I have never been on a flight that didn't have several people in line to use the bathroom.
The woman didn't scream for help?
I don't know. Seems like a stretch and a big stretch.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Predictably, many of the comments on various websites are casting automatic doubt on the lady, especially since she didn't scream and make a huge ruckus when being allegedly assaulted (and in a small lavatory space).
In this day and age, it's difficult to take claims like that seriously.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:28 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yes. And?

I'm not saying it happened - but it's interesting that your first instinct is to call it a failed hookup.

Also, do you think it was a failed hookup? Or was it impossible due to the size of the lavatory?
I think it was a failed hookup because due to the size of one of those lavatory there was no way he could have gotten her forcefully in there without anyone noticing and being able to close the door properly. All she had to do was not fully cooperate and he would not have been able to close the door.

All she had to do was make a slight grunting noise and it would have alerted people. We are talking about a plane for goodness sake. Anyone who has ridden on a plane in the last 5 years know how crammed it always is.

I'm willing to put all my money on failed hookup. May be he wasn't as good as she hoped he was, so she claimed it as rape... because he wasn't good enough. Or whatever.

The fact remains. There was no way in heaven or hell the guy could have forcefully put her in that small space, close the door, and rape her without anyone else noticing. On a plane for goodness sake.

I'm willing to bet it was consensual and then afterward she changed her mind and started calling it rape.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:07 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
By now, the cops know who the man was. Why hasn't he been arrested? Something about this story doesn't add up.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Lightbulb The restroom door has a lock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Predictably, many of the comments on various websites are casting automatic doubt on the lady, especially since she didn't scream and make a huge ruckus when being allegedly assaulted (and in a small lavatory space).

But she did report the incident during the flight, and was moved to another seat. She was met at the airport by law enforcement but the alleged perpetrator was never apprehended and got off the airplane scot free.

Regardless, sexual assault and harassment is no doubt swept under the rug by the industry and law enforcement. Airlines don't even have a standardized procedure for these things.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...m-now-speaking
So, why did she let the drunk into the lavatory with her?

Old 03-17-2018, 09:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
In the article it said a lady was assaulted and airline offered her 10,000 frequently flier miles ..
Whats so strange about that? Of course the airline is going to attempt to silence her.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I think it was a failed hookup because due to the size of one of those lavatory there was no way he could have gotten her forcefully in there without anyone noticing and being able to close the door properly. All she had to do was not fully cooperate and he would not have been able to close the door.

All she had to do was make a slight grunting noise and it would have alerted people. We are talking about a plane for goodness sake. Anyone who has ridden on a plane in the last 5 years know how crammed it always is.

I'm willing to put all my money on failed hookup. May be he wasn't as good as she hoped he was, so she claimed it as rape... because he wasn't good enough. Or whatever.

The fact remains. There was no way in heaven or hell the guy could have forcefully put her in that small space, close the door, and rape her without anyone else noticing. On a plane for goodness sake.

I'm willing to bet it was consensual and then afterward she changed her mind and started calling it rape.
People dont respond to "help" though, its why they instruct victims to scream "fire" instead...people come running if they hear fire, but ignore calls for help!

However, if she changed her mind after the hook up and now calling it rape, she is the one who needs to go to prison.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:08 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
People dont respond to "help" though, its why they instruct victims to scream "fire" instead...people come running if they hear fire, but ignore calls for help!

However, if she changed her mind after the hook up and now calling it rape, she is the one who needs to go to prison.

There's a difference between being in a courtyard, on a residential street, or some in some isolated area - where you should scream fire instead of help - and being in the bathroom on a plane. Had she screamed or yelled help, someone would have alerted a flight attendant or gotten up to see if there was a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies