Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
For example, exactly why and how he's a moron.
No need. tRump has made that very self-evident.

Quote:
I'm sure Tillerson has plenty of insight, but he might cling to some notions of propriety, i.e. you don't go trashing your old job.
Consider it a test of Tillerson's and Cohn's characters.

Where do their loyalties lie?

With America?

Or with Putin?

They have to choose one or the other.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 11:06 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Until (by some turn of events) Rocketman sides with Trump, then they’ll bash Rocketman. He is their friend until he no longer attacks Trump.

The Left/liberals are a joke.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the Left comes down against nationalistic authoritarians, including Kim Jong-un (his name, which I'm sure you didn't know vs. the Trump moniker), Duterte, Erdrogan, Putin and Xi Jin-ping, among others. Why do you think these are good leaders, and why does Trump?

Old 03-17-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What does he think Obama was? Obama dismantled the military, freed terrorists from Gitmo, refused to secure our borders, made deals with our enemies, had Muslim Brotherhood operatives in his administration, allowed the sale of 20% of US uranium to Russia, ignored the threat of ISIS, failed to deal with N. Korea ...I could go on.
"I can't talk about Trump's issues, so I'm just going to recite talking points and conspiracy theories about Obama."

You guys are as predictable as the sunrise.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Barry McCaffrey - A War Criminal?

Old 03-17-2018, 11:12 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Retired four-star Army general: Trump

A retired four-star Army general said that he believes that President Trump is a “serious threat to US national security.”

Retired Gen. Barry McCaffrey tweeted Friday that he reached the conclusion about Trump because the president “is refusing to protect vital US interests from active Russian attacks.”

“It is apparent that he is for some unknown reason under the sway of Mr. Putin,” he added.

Didn't the Trump administration tell us to trust in the Generals? Wouldn't want to mess around with THEM! Right?

Absolutely right. I have a great deal of trust in our US Army Officers. They are highly knowledgeable and self disciplined. Whatever their private political views, they put service to our Country first.

When a highly decorated, highly respected Four Star General speaks out in such a fashion, we need to shut off the info-tainers on Fox and pay attention. Our Country is at stake.
Where was this clown when the Russians did whatever they wanted too, when bend over boy Obama was licking Putin's boots ?

Old 03-17-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Your strategy to frame your political interests as a moral high ground is long dead.

I'd say that the Left's corruption of the US media is a moral issue that isn't a "normal disagreement in policy" and "fundamentally about the future of America", but you'd disagree. See how that works?
Again, I am not talking about political interests. I am talking about the founding principles of the nation.

Media corruption? Talk about being played out. The media has its problems, and I would certainly argue that Fox and other conservative media is part of the problem, but the fundamental right of a free press to exist is only under attack by one side of the political aisle- yours.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Where was this clown when the Russians did whatever they wanted too, when bend over boy Obama was licking Putin's boots ?
Oh look, more "I can't address Trump's actions..." stuff from his supporters. You guys deflect like a champ.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:54 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Media corruption? Talk about being played out. The media has its problems, and I would certainly argue that Fox and other conservative media is part of the problem, but the fundamental right of a free press to exist is only under attack by one side of the political aisle- yours.
Your comparing the use of framing a political position as a moral position, by the party who is famous for deconstructing traditional morality, as similar to the always necessary questioning the integrity of a democratic institution? That's funny stuff.

You just proved my exact point. I stated it outright, and you couldn't even resist responding in a manner that proved it. Thank you.

Consider the difference between the Right's perception of the media and the Left's perception of it prima facie evidence of the stated corruption of a supposedly "objective" institution, before we even look at the proof.

Moreover, you don't even have a valid perception of the Right base's perception of "conservative media", which it is also suspicious of and for good reasons. Which also illustrates how disconnected you are from perception of the stated corruption that benefits your party.

The best way to lose your "free press" is to turn it into a propaganda outlet, which would define its corruption.

Each side is allowed propaganda outlets that have less credibility than legitimate "press" would. See Fox News, as few conservatives see them as more than a propaganda outlet for their side.

The reason that Fox is watched is because there is nothing else that gives non-liberal propaganda reporting.

In contrast, the Left sees its outlets, to include CNN an NPR, as legitimate press that is providing a civic function for all of America, which ironically fills the gap where an actual valid and objective press should be.

The difference between being you and me is that I can critique virtually all modern American mainstream press (and much of the non-mainstream that, while still largely political, doesn't try to pretend that they are not) as fatally flawed propaganda and corruption, while you desperately cling to your propaganda outlets.

This dynamic illustrates the rot in America, which will eventually be inoculated against if anything but a degenerated society is to come into being.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:33 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
This is hysterically funny.

Some washed-out snowflake Clinton appointee with a progressive liberal pedigree makes some angry comments about Trump and all the Never Trumpers and progs here are triggered and spout delusional nonsense about how Trump is "tarnishing the country" and doing damage it will take years to recover from.

Look, the only damage Trump is doing is to the Deep State and the treasonous organizations these Swamp Rats have constructed. Hopefully they will NEVER recover.

Go read the Wiki on McCaffery. You'll see that he isn't capable of being objective.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:55 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Would you care to give us a link to backup your rude comment?

I can respond by saying tRump is a POS which gets us exactly nowhere. Do you really think that name calling is going to make the rest of us see the wisdom of your thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies