Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 07:03 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Russia expels 23 British Diplomats.

So what did The British accomplish ?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/17/europ...ntl/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/w...diplomats.html
They stood up for their sovereignty.

It's the same as monitoring the borders, we don't have a nation if we allow those murderers on a foreign governments' payroll to run roughshod over us. Wouldn't you agree? Britain apparently agrees.

This aggressive behavior has been noticed all over Europe. The news reports I heard mentioned that Britain has been in consultation with their European neighbors over this.

It's a short step from murdering Russian political opponents in foreign lands to murdering native politicians and community leaders in those lands.

Are you suggesting that we all should just allow the Russians free access to break our laws anywhere in the world, and murder whomever it pleases them to kill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 09:06 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
They stood up for their sovereignty.

It's the same as monitoring the borders, we don't have a nation if we allow those murderers on a foreign governments' payroll to run roughshod over us. Wouldn't you agree? Britain apparently agrees.

This aggressive behavior has been noticed all over Europe. The news reports I heard mentioned that Britain has been in consultation with their European neighbors over this.

It's a short step from murdering Russian political opponents in foreign lands to murdering native politicians and community leaders in those lands.

Are you suggesting that we all should just allow the Russians free access to break our laws anywhere in the world, and murder whomever it pleases them to kill?
First off I don't think when it comes to respect for sovereignty Britain and a few others certainly should practice what they preach don't you? Precedents have been set my friend.

As for this whole fetid mess I'll admit, it could have been the Russians and frankly, I hope it was. Sends a clear message to scum. From another point it may have been Russians of another bent, ones living here in the west with an axe to grind against the current political elite in Russia. It's just as likely to be a setup. Skripal was worth more dead than alive to the cause.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:13 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
First off I don't think when it comes to respect for sovereignty Britain and a few others certainly should practice what they preach don't you? Precedents have been set my friend.
Meaning what exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335
As for this whole fetid mess I'll admit, it could have been the Russians and frankly, I hope it was. Sends a clear message to scum. From another point it may have been Russians of another bent, ones living here in the west with an axe to grind against the current political elite in Russia. It's just as likely to be a setup. Skripal was worth more dead than alive to the cause.
If so, then why didn't the Russians just admit that some nerve agenct was unaccounted for, as it stands relations are now at the lowest since the Cold War, and as Garry Kasparov recently pointed out it's time to stop playing Putin's games and just to exclude Russia from Western Affairs.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-19-2018 at 09:41 AM..

Old 03-19-2018, 09:41 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandViking View Post
Of course I am an amateur because, unlike you, I'm not getting paid to troll. If you look at this account (Scrat335) you are using, it is easy to notice an overwhelming number of posts concern Russia and concerns of Russia.

What does Putin have to say about the Russian Population problem?
"Today, we need to undertake a range of measures to stabilize the Russian population and prevent it from decreasing in the coming decade," said Putin, who is widely expected to seek and win a new six-year term in a March election.
https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-putin.../28884356.html

As much as you want to deny it, even Putin is worried about the looming crisis.

Russia is a bad bet getting worse.
Can't you do better than that? Radio Liberty?

We all know just how unbiased they are don't we? Try harder.

Any reputable source for population statistics say Russias population is stable or growing slowly.

Russia isn't a bad bet to nations that matter like China, India and Germany. They're THE bet going forward. Russia is also the preferred partner for major powers in many spheres.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:13 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
There are large numbers of people from Canada and a somewhat lesser number of rich Europeans who make Florida their Winter homes. How would you feel if a foreign government killed the entire family next door and poisoned the first responders?

You really form your opinions in a vacuum.
I don't know the family next door because its far from my door. Just the way I like it.

If you want to be a janitor and vacuum up opinions of others be my guest. I'll continue to form my own.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:16 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I don't need a lecture about precedents.

This is about an appropriate response to aggression and incursion. Excuses on behalf of the perpetrators are not accepted.

If you don't like how our nation, or any other nation has behaved toward neighbors it should stop with us or them, write your congressman about it.

In the mean time we must defend our sovereignty, or risk losing it.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:06 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
5 pages and nobody even comment about the person of interest, it's all about russia! russia! and nothing about the actual case.

The person poisoned was a double agent, he spied on the west for russia, and gave information to the british government. Both sides are suspects and only a third body could tell the truth. One thing is certain, the way he was murdered was to attract as much attention as possible. If the purpose was just to kill him, there are many ways to disguise it, an accident, a robbery, etc. Whoever did it wanted this to be a big deal, that suggest to me, the quickest to react are more suspicious.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:38 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Russia is fooling no one
Russia is not fooling fools. That's impractical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
we will just isolate Russia from world affairs
Arrogance is an elder Sister of the Small-mindedness. And the Small-mindedness is the Mother of the Stupidity.
A mouse threatens bear with squeak? None of the world issue can be decided without Russia. And Russia is doing a great business with Asia and Europe. The UK is not the whole world. Besides, the UK must shut up at all after Brexit.

Last edited by musiqum; 03-19-2018 at 04:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies