Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 07:35 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,822 times

Advertisements

I understand how so many people can not stand Trump (BTW I don't like Trump or Hillary so, I really don't have any skin in this), his ego is huge and people hate it.....I personally learned long ago that the guy is full of him self and that part just needs to be ignored and I pay attention to everything else he's trying to say. Seems like the people that hate him do the opposite....I don't know why, it's just going to get them really upset and besides that his ego is unimportant (there's nothing you can do about it so, why concentrate on it....he's not going to change).

The thing I hear a lot though is how his behavior, at times commenting on how his tweets are so unpresidential. What does that mean? OK, yes the content but, other presidents didn't say things like that...I get that. We really don't how much other presidents may have been unpresidential though, if they had a gadget in their pocket that they could use to blurt out everything they were thinking at any given moment, to the world. Twitter started in 2006, by 2007 they had 400,000 tweets per quarter and then it really got popular after that. What I'm saying is really only Obama pretty much had it available to use, no other presidents had it....technically Bush could have used it too but, his first tweet wasn't until 12/10/2013. I'm NOT defending Trump...so don't go there with me.....what I'm saying is his unprecedented tweets are at least PARTIALLY because, other than Obama, other presidents didn't have the option. Everything they said was always carefully worded and announced (for the most part) through his press secretary to the news or when he made a scripted speech.

Now that the Kennedy has been dead for 50 years, Bobby and Ted are also gone.....even Jackie, it's coming out (by loyal staff and women he had sex with), that he liked to take big risks....they say he was careless. Some think if he hadn't been assassinated, he would have had scandals to deal with....who knows. Now that doesn't mean he was stupid and would have tweeted all kinds of things, if he could. He had 2 interns, Fiddle and Faddle that he had sex with all the time, in the White House. Roosevelt had a mistress while president, that's well known and lets not go into Clinton. All I'm saying is we all know plenty of our past presidents were pretty wild and we either ignored it or didn't hear about it. If they could have tweeted though, some of that would have probably changed, if they spoke their minds to the public when ever they wanted.

Who knows 50 years from now history may decide Trump's tweets are the best thing that ever happened to the presidency or maybe the worst and presidents won't tweet at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 07:47 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,400 times
I love President Trump's Tweets as it is Real News and not fake, made up news.

I personally only trust FOX News, conservative news sites that are loud and proud of being Republican and President Trump's Tweets.

I do sometimes read liberal news sites though but I don't ever utilize it as a real and reliable news source.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:55 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
If he didn't tweet, who would put out his viewpoint? All of the media outlets take one side or the other. Obviously the media is dominated by people who want his head. It's a way to communicate direct and get his view out there and make sure the media's viewpoint does not become the perceived reality.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:02 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,543,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's a way to communicate direct and get his view out there and make sure the media's viewpoint does not become the perceived reality.
It's a way of Donald saying "I reject your fake news and substitute my own"

Old 03-17-2018, 08:04 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,471,890 times
Quote:
If he didn't tweet, who would put out his viewpoint?
Directly from his mouth via a Press Conference. Something Trump is afraid of. He hides behind Twitter. He's a coward.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:07 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

I personally only trust FOX News, conservative news sites that are loud and proud of being Republican and President Trump's Tweets.

I do sometimes read liberal news sites though but I don't ever utilize it as a real and reliable news source.
Fox News is just as unreliable as CNN. It is not shocking you would trust Trump's tweets as real news because his tweets are based mostly on Fox News.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:07 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Directly from his mouth via a Press Conference. Something Trump is afraid of. He hides behind Twitter. He's a coward.
So he can be badgered directly on a regular basis.... Please.

You wouldn't do it either. He does have a job to do.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:08 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,543,784 times
Quote:
If he didn't tweet, who would put out his viewpoint?
Same way Presidents 1-44 did.

To suggest anything different with Trump suggests some sort of persecution complex. Would be classified as a mental illness, but I digress...

Old 03-17-2018, 08:12 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

So, the sad thing is that you are dead serious, right?

Old 03-17-2018, 08:17 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Fox News is just as unreliable as CNN. It is not shocking you would trust Trump's tweets as real news because his tweets are based mostly on Fox News.
Fox News is much better than CNN in my opinion.

They don't skew what President Trump says like CNN.

Lou Dobbs is at Fox News and is likely one of the best journalists of all-time.

It is wonderful that American's have a President who is so engaged with the public. Usually, he Tweet's several times a day and since he is the President it is always real news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies