Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 11:20 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
B.S. The GOP lowered the bar with Clinton in the 90's. The scumbag named Gingrich has blood on his hands. This is Newt's nightmare....he ****ing deserves it. My only regret is there is not a hell for that **** face to burn in....
President Clinton committed PERJURY by lying to a Grand Jury. He lost his law license as a result.

He should have resigned.

No President should be above the law. I was surprised that the Democrats did not vote for his removal from office.

Nixon was going to get impeached for obstruction of justice. Clinton should have been convicted for perjury.

Interesting discussion here from Slate about Scooter Libby, but think Nixon and Clinton as you read it.

The difference between perjury, false statements, and obstruction of justice.

Towards the end of this document there is specific discussion of President Clinton and the perjury inquiry. Worth reading particularly today. Remember President Clinton committed perjury in a sexual harassment case.

13.3 Perjury, Bribery, and Obstruction of Justice | Criminal Law

Impeachment of Andrew Johnson was a political act.

Last edited by 509; 03-18-2018 at 11:29 AM..

Old 03-18-2018, 11:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Pence lied to cover for Trump and Flynn so he needs to go as well. Why do people act as if Pence is far removed from this corrupt rat's nest.
The GOP has very diligently kept Pence as far away from tRump and Russiagate as possible. Oftentimes, he's out of the country. They seem to be hoping that they can prolong his facade of innocence.

Will it work?

Stay tuned.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:57 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The GOP has very diligently kept Pence as far away from tRump and Russiagate as possible. Oftentimes, he's out of the country. They seem to be hoping that they can prolong his facade of innocence.

Will it work?

Stay tuned.

The GOP wants to protect Pence like a good chess player protects his king.

I don't see Pence going anywhere.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The GOP wants to protect Pence like a good chess player protects his king.

I don't see Pence going anywhere.
Unless he's shown to be an active conspirator or accessory.

You have to admit, this just keeps getting better.

Don't touch that dial.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Unless he's shown to be an active conspirator or accessory.

You have to admit, this just keeps getting better.

Don't touch that dial.

Elijah Cummings Warned Mike Pence About Flynn

Top Democrat sent letter to Mike Pence in November warning of Michael Flynn's Turkey lobbying
Elijah Cummings letter to Mike Pence about Flynn Turkey lobbying - Business Insider

Old 03-18-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Elijah Cummings Warned Mike Pence About Flynn

Top Democrat sent letter to Mike Pence in November warning of Michael Flynn's Turkey lobbying
Elijah Cummings letter to Mike Pence about Flynn Turkey lobbying - Business Insider

Exactly.

Pence is a lying weasel who's up to his armpits in Russian dirt.

He won't get off easy, is my bet.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:08 PM

993 posts, read 766,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I give him a little bit longer but I agree that he will quit.

Too much pressure from all sides making it extremely unpleasant for him. His marriage will fall apart and that may be his ultimate undoing. I don't want Pence but that's probably who we'll get.
I haven’t seen or read any evidence that suggests he cares a whit about his marriage or his youngest son. He conducts himself as if he’s unmarried.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:13 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,636,449 times
A whole lot of Cambridge Analytica brainwashing apparent in this thread.

I don't think that Trump will be ousted by the Democrats.

If it happens (and I'm not yet convinced that it will), it will be a bi-partisan decision.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:15 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
I haven’t seen or read any evidence that suggests he cares a whit about his marriage or his youngest son. He conducts himself as if he’s unmarried.
I agree.

I had a very successful business acquaintance (long since passed away) that married a beautiful younger woman. He wanted sons so he got married, he never really loved her as far as I could tell, the only time he talked about her he referred to her as his 'stud mare', no kidding. I don't believe he ever mentioned her name, I don't recall hearing it.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
if people wasnt so down right hateful and actually complain about what he done in office instead of making stuff up daily. you see he a decent pres, yes hes an a hole but really has done some good work
You don't visit these boards often.

Lots of criticism of Trump policy and daily goings on.

It isn't just about his lack of character.

It is clear his lack of experience is causing some incompetency.

But the reality.

There is a strong base that will defend him no matter what.

Republican politicians in office don't dare criticize for fear they will lose votes.

It's a lose, lose, lose situation.

If Trump is truly innocent and there is nothing there -- why all the attack on Mueller and anyone associated with the investigation, including Republicans?

It makes no sense.

It just doesn't.

Let Mueller do his job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies