Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 01:14 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times

Advertisements

Given the level of interference by Putin into our recent election, no such call should have been made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 01:17 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
The weird thing is...I think Putin could win a honest election. He is in fact fairly popular. I think he just keeps putting people who challenge him in prison, and stuffing the votes just to stay in practice.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:20 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Just a small difference:

Russia attacked our democracy, election system, electric grid, elections in countries friendly to us, ukraine, our troops in syria, between 2015 and now.

I dont think congratulating a guy who is staging aggressive campaign against the US in last 3 years is a light distinction here.

But of course, Trumpsters dont care their country is attacked, only when black players are kneeling or starbucks doesnt put enough Christmas on cups

This silly dialog is perpetuated by the media and people who can't differentiate between an entire country or the leader of a country --- and certain citizens -- or between fact-based truth and political allegations.

It would be absurd for the U.S. President NOT to talk with the President of Russia and vice-versa ... especially if their 'politics' and 'means to an end' are different.

Honestly, the world is not an elementary school classroom where some kids don't talk to others because they got their feelings hurt or don't like the color of their lunch box.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:43 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
This silly dialog is perpetuated by the media and people who can't differentiate between an entire country or the leader of a country --- and certain citizens -- or between fact-based truth and political allegations.

It would be absurd for the U.S. President NOT to talk with the President of Russia and vice-versa ... especially if their 'politics' and 'means to an end' are different.

Honestly, the world is not an elementary school classroom where some kids don't talk to others because they got their feelings hurt or don't like the color of their lunch box.
One should keep a sense of humor in situations like this.

The idiots attack Trump for doing the same as their "Hero" bend over boy Obama did. No one should stop them from acting like stupid clowns. Even if one doesn't think clowns are funny, stupid is.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:54 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree. Obama likewise was reported as calling Mr. Putin after one election (I think after he served as president for 8 years, then served as prime minister, then again was elected president).

Yes, it appears 'unseemly', given that the Russian election was essentially role-playing by all, save for Putin. However, he is the leader of Russia, and we, and Mr. Trump, must deal with him.
Don't worry. Trump is quite cozy with Putin. I'd love to read the report that Obama called Putin. Do you have that link?

Old 03-20-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

Trump is the only president I know who calls dictators and congratulates them on their "wins." What he should do is call Putin and call him out on his election meddling, but that might make his boyfriend upset.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:57 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump is the only president I know who calls dictators and congratulates them on their "wins." What he should do is call Putin and call him out on his election meddling, but that might make his boyfriend upset.
Post #12 has them.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Post #12 has them.
The Weekly Standard?

Yet with President Obama reportedly calling to congratulate Putin,

Guess "reportedly" is "definitely." Who knew?

Old 03-20-2018, 02:03 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump called Putin and congratulated him on his election.

That's what leaders do when one gets elected in a civilized world.

Maybe they can sit in a hot tub together and share a little Vodka. (flowers, soft music)

Old 03-20-2018, 02:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Gotta keep the boss on your good side I guess.
So pathetic.

Makes me wonder what your response was when Obama was caught on open mic saying, "I can be more flexible after my election."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies